Search results

1. F

A lurker no more

Hi there-I am a Bradford boy and seriously considering a DC5. I have not been on for a while now but good to see there may be a few more in the area. I only ever see 1 or 2, but they tend to be Keighley way :P
  2. F

Integra DC5 v Golf Mk4 R32

If I wanted a daily driver that I could use in all weathers and have fun up until 7/8 10ths then I would probably choose an R32. It is built well, it goes well and it sounds good too. If I wanted something with some soul and something that was alive in my hands and grinned my face up every time...
  3. F

Integra DC5 v Golf Mk4 R32

My current new car choices would be DC5 or new JDM CTR, a Renault Megane R26 or a Nissan 350Z-I would love to go RWD Clio MK2 but it has no practicality at all.. Alternatively, as much money as I could afford to spend on either an older M3 or an older 911. My 2 peneth for what its worth. Oh...
  4. F

Replacement bumpers and body panels

ah ok I was just worried that the DC5 was running out of repair panels. Cheers
  5. F

Replacement bumpers and body panels

After reading about some members misfortunes with crashes and the like, am I right in thinking that it is difficult to get hold of new bumpers. Is this just a problem with certain coloured ones or a problem in general with bumper supply. Is there a problem with other body panel too? Sorry for...
  6. F

New Car what do I get?

strange reply and strange 1st post? :roll: Anything constructive to say?
  7. F

New Car what do I get?

R26 for that money? Keep us posted fella--xenons are a good choice on the Renault I reckon?
  8. F

New Car what do I get?

buymynewcar are doing some good deals at the mo on the R26. I am not sure if I am allowed to post up their contact details on here so pm me if you need them. The alternative is Renault 0% finance which apparently doesn't work out too bad either!
  9. F

New Car what do I get?

R26 Megane is very good-It is on my list of possible cars to purchase in 6 months when I sort my business out. I have driven one and I am a member of the renaultsport forum too. There is from what I read, a massive difference between the build quality of the run of the mill Meaganes and the...
  10. F

My Teg montage..

nice one-we need more stuff like this!!-well done!
  11. F

Crashed my DC5

very sad when a pride and joy ends up like this. Just out of interest did the diff pull you all over the place when it happened or was it all over and done with before you could do anything about it?
  12. F

19 days with the DC5 and 2000 miles already

how did you fair against the TT sport in give and take situations?
  13. F

Servicing

I know many taxi drivers who change their oil every 3k regardless. Some of them go on for 200 000 miles on a single engine(mostly Toyota's) -do a few clutches though!!
  14. F

picked up my teg type r last week

Once all this is sorted and the money is clear can we make his garage stand out on this forum like a sore thumb. If he has done this to 3 people with one car, what is the rest of his stock like? Sorry if Ive missed a similar post?
  15. F

New Civic Type R R 260Bhp Stock!

mmm-I could have a very nice 6R4 for that too-with plenty of spare dog boxes and diffs :lol:
  16. F

picked up my teg type r last week

I cant believe this!!! [-X :xdisguest:
  17. F

New Civic Type R R 260Bhp Stock!

man that looks good, but probably a little uncompromising for the road!
  18. F

Engine bay cleaner

mmm-as with most 16valves, I expect the plugs are quite a way down the head on the DC5, with deep sockets-Watch out for water being directed at the top of the cam cover. I had a nasty experience with my 16v 309 that left me limping home on 2.5 cylinders as the plug sockets were full of...
  19. F

How happy are you with your standard car?

No fella it wasnt :( I have not rallied for many years now :roll:
  20. F

New JDM Civic Type-R

ok SO the new JDM civic type R is a cucumber longer than the UK civic triangular exhausted mobile arcade dashed machine? That is no where near the size of an Accord!! This gets better by the second.....wheres my cheque book!