Search results

1. C

Highly recommended tyres

I own a few cars and for the last few years and I have only run the F1's on all of them as a road tyre. I haven't tried the Assymetric 2 yet but i'll be sure to buy them next. The earlier Assymetric 1 tyres were amazing in the wet for track use so i'd presume that the Assymetric 2's would be...
  2. C

Hello!

I've had my colt ralliart for 11 months and they're great cars, very underated!
  3. C

Bored with the teg, what next?

I had 3 cars while I owned the DC5 and one was an Evo 6. I loved the Evo so much that I decided to sell the Teg and keep the Evo, which i've owned now for 1.5 years and have never looked back. It's such a great car on the road and goes round the track just as quickly as my DC5 did and has better...
  4. C

Trackday Check-list

No the temperatures are taken from cold. If you want more grip then lower the tyre pressure as that will give the tyre a larger footprint on the track but will wear the sidewall out quicker if it's not a track tyre you're using. If it's a track tyre, eg. A048's/R888's etc then they have a...
  5. C

Trackday Check-list

I was there today but only watching and saw you in one of the garages. I also saw you a couple of times on track too :) . That yellow GT3 with the racing numbers was very quick :shock: . The 2 new GTR's were a lot slower than expected and I only watched them go round a couple of times each...
  6. C

Track day lap time sheets?

'Activity days' are similar to 'track days' and allow timing on most of them, eg. North Weald. There are some tracks in the country such as Blyton Race Circuit etc who used to allow timing as it was classed as a 'test day'. To answer your question, as far as I know there are no 'track days' in...
  7. C

Cars with No history?

I had my DC5 for over 2 years. It was the most reliable car i've ever owned and it didn't have any service history, so I wouldn't let a lack of history put you off buying.
  8. C

HOT North Weald Car Activity Day 05/11/10...

I'll be doing this :)
  9. C

North Weald activity Day 11th June

Yes i'm defo up for Rockingham with HOT providing that i'm allowed on with the Evo again I'm not sure what date it is yet or when they're taking bookings.....
  10. C

It was nice to meet you mate :) Yes those mods would be a good choice and the KPRO would have really helped a lot with the power out of those tight bends with the VTEC coming in a lot earlier. Most of the time I couldn't get the turbo coming in at all round the cones, mainly due to the size...
  11. C

1 place has just become available if anyone is interested due to someone pulling out at the last minute. Up to now there are 2 DC5's going to this if anyone else wants to join in the fun :)
  12. C

I haven't been on this track before, but i've been told that it's not hard on brakes, so even if you have standard discs/pads they should be fine as it's only for 1 lap. On the high speed bend you won't be using your brakes at all.... If it was me i'd definately just check your brake pads to...
  13. C

Really looking forward to this now since it's only next week :) The car's all ready to go, not that I expect this to be too harsh on the car and in fact they've advised me that it's really easy on brakes, which is a bonus :) . I'll be travelling up on the Thursday night with the wife and...
  14. C

Cool 8) see you there mate :) . I've seen vids of this track and it looks like good fun.
  15. C

Who else is coming along from this forum? I see someone by the name of Luke with a DC5 has also booked it.
  16. C

Great, i'll bring the Evo along with me :)
  17. C

If I change it to a pic of the Evo then I might get thrown off this forum :lol: If you're bringing the Teg then i'll take the Evo. It was just if it was all Roadsters then it would have been out of place.
  18. C

Yes i'm going and have already paid a deposit :) . Will be a fun day and you don't even need to wear a helmet for this. I'm taking my Roadster, but if there are other makes & models going then i'll be bringing the Evo along instead :D
  19. C

I've been asked by the Roadster.net forum to put a link for their North Weald activity day if any of you are interested. It's the 11th June and costs only £47.50 for the day :) . Obviously the majority of cars are going to be Smart Roadsters but the laps are timed and the speed recorded on the...
  20. C

cadwell 15th march + vid

Re: cadwell 15th march update Cadwell's a bit far for me to travel, but i'd definately be up for Oulton :) I know that a rollcage is needed when running slicks by nearly all of the organisers these days, but they do seem to be turning a blind eye to them lately.