Search results

1. S

Cobra alarm/immobiliser being a bit querky!!!

Havent changed the fob battery but the alarm was only fitted about a month ago so would have thought it would have plenty of life in it yet. Ill try using my spare fob and see if that makes any difference. Just hoping that i can get it sorted before it decides one day not to start at all!!
  2. S

Cobra alarm/immobiliser being a bit querky!!!

Ive been having a few problems getting my car started lately & i think its due to the cobra. Normally if the cars been stood with the alarm/immobiliser armed, a press the fob, jump in and it starts ok. However sometimes, especially if ive had the bonnet or boot open when i try to start the car...
  3. S

Admiral

Admiral dont insure the DC5, i was with them and had to cancel my policy and go with Aplan when i bought my DC5. The guy said they'd had loads of requests for the DC5 but had no intention of covering it.
  4. S

amp mounting

Its a PDX4.100, using it to run my front components with active crossover. Main reason for mounting under the seat is ease of installation, shorter cables and its completely out of sight. Made the braket from some flat mild steel bar, drilled & tapped a few holes, welded it together and hey...
  5. S

Shell V-Power

Its worth asking next time youre filling up at a shell garage. My local garage (just off the A1 at Durham) is doing the same on the 20th of this month. Hopefully they might make this a regular thing. Would be nice if the did it one day every week :lol:
  6. S

amp mounting

Ive mounted my Alpine PDX under the passanger seat. Made a bracket to bolt on to the cross piece under the seat, fits perfectly & is very secure! Havent run any cables yet but you get the idea. The passenger seat still has its full adjustment and doesnt touch the amp at all. With the seat...
  7. S

Noel Dazely - No longer insuring the DC5???

Looks like your best bet is going to be Aplan or Sky. I had to cancel my insurance with Admiral as they do not insure the DC5 either. As i cancelled my insurance because the wouldnt cover me for my new car they didnt charge me a penny for cancelling my policy and refunded me part of my monthly...
  8. S

Cracking deal from A-Plan (2nd year in a row)

Just took out my insurance with A-plan last week. 26, 7 yrs NCB, No points, no claims ---- £705 (350 Excess) Beat any other quote i had by over £100 A-plan must have a lot of DC5 customers now, quite a few just off ITR-DC5 alone!
  9. S

I'd ring them and enquire but i doubt they will by the sounds of it. Good luck!
  10. S

I phoned on friday and left all my details & that bloke said he should be able to help, give him an hour to ring round and he'd call me back. I never got a call back so i rang back today and thats what they said 'the insurers have put a stop on the DC5' He didnt give a reason.
  11. S

Just rang Noel Dazely for a quote for my DC5 im picking up this week & the guy said that the insurers have put a stop on insuring the DC5. Im 26 with 7yrs NCB & no points so dont think it's just for my quote. So looks like im going to be another A-plan customer, £705 with £350 excess.