Search results

1. L

apexi rev/speed meter

hi guys while cleaning the car today i removed the cover underneath the steering wheel and an apexi rev/speed meter dropped down, at first i didnt have a clue what it was for but ive done a google search since, its connected to a gforce meter as well and it all works fine, i dont know why it was...
  2. L

exhaust recommendation and advice please

hi guys, right ive got a dc sports manifold which goes onto a dc sports exhaust system with no cat, this is to be honest too loud so what are my options? ive got a track day next Thursday so i want to get it sorted before then and it has to be below 105db, ive tested it doing a fly by at wide...
  3. L

removing wing mirror glass

hi guys, some freak smashed into the drivers side mirror on the dc5 and smashed the glass, the motor wont pull it in either any more so i need to look at that, but how do i remove/replace just the mirror? just pull it out? thanks for any help
  4. L

rear screen recommendations?

hi guys, want either 2 screens on the back of the seats (not sure how easy it is to flsh them on recaros?) or 1 flip down from the middle of the ceiling all they need is an video input, anyone got one? pics maybe? thanks!
  5. L

slight wobble between 70 - 80

hi guys wonder if anyone can help, ive got a slight wobble coming from the front of the car between 70 and 80 mph (private road) now at first i thought wheel balancing but that didnt cure it, then i thought maybe an out of shape tyre so changed the fronts, and still the same, it seems worse if...
  6. L

championship white question

hi guys does championship white have a clear lacquer over the top of the paint or not? reason for asking ive spotted a couple of places where the paint could do with a good cutting polish but i think it will be pointless if its lacquered, left hand side of spoiler it looks abit grubby if you...
  7. L

soundtest @ snetterton track day july 24th

hi guys ive got a track day booked at snetterton july 24h, (some spare spaces if anyone's wants to come pm me) im worried my car is going to fail the sound test, its got a aem air filter with dcsports manifold i havent a clue what exhaust its got on but im presuming is also a dcsports exhaust...
  8. L

how to tell if a car has been mapped?

hi guys, ive got dcsports manifold and decat + aem cai but i dont know if the ecu has been mapped or not is there a way to tell? ive searched but not much luck im afraid thanks for any help!
  9. L

snow foam and lance

hi guys who has one of these? where would be the best place to get one from? is it just an attachment that goes onto the end of my hose or do i need to get a pressure washer? the water pressure here is very high so ive never bothered with a jet wash, Thanks!
  10. L

oil level question

hi guys, just picked up a dc5 :D anyway when i got home i thought id check the oil, when i looked at the dipstick it looked like there was no oil in it, i triple checked it and still the same readings the trouble is the oil is so clear its hard to see where the level actually is, i left it for...
  11. L

advice please

hi guys got a car in mind, its had tein suspension an unknown de-cat exhaust and aem air filter, i think manifold as well, i asked for a pic under the bonnet which he sent, the car has done 45000km but he doesn't really know much about what else is done to it as its how he bought it, its been...
  12. L

what head unit would you recommend?

hi guys, what head unit would you recommend? here are my requirements 1.Sat nav 2.Tv on the sat nav screen 3.DVD 4.Ipod conection 5.CD changer but not essential. ive had a search about but cant find much info, id like a parrot hands free too if that matters, so what would you recommend and...
  13. L

new dc5 owner soon

hi guys great site here! ive decided to buy a face lift dc5, been looking at a few different cars but this one is what im going for, ill start looking towards the end of the month, the prices seem to vary quite abit though between different traders, but ill do abit more research before then so...