Search results

1. H

clunk noise

Having a annoying clunk noise, only when i turn the steering wheel not all the time but quite often now, and some time when i set off and brake to a stop, what noise does a worn drop link makes? and track rod end?? as i think it could be that but not 100% sure.
  2. H

Brake pads

Im looking to replace my brake pads very soon. Any ideas which are good for fast road uses, and 1 or 2 track days maybe. I currently have some, blue pads on them, as they standard from factory? Is standard disc any good? looking to replace them too, if i buy from honda are they normally...
  3. H

Dc5 vs slightly modded Uk civic ep3 type r

What speed different would a standard Dc5 compare to a UK Civic type r ep3 with mods (exhaust system,with manifold and de cat, long aem induction kit, and stiffer engine mount? Would it be quicker than a standard DC5?
  4. H

can gearbox selector 5th and 6th whiles stationary

When the car is stationary, can the 5th and 6th gear be selected whiles the car is not moving? my won't do it, is this same as everyone's dc5?
  5. H

when to know to get coilovers rebuit

what sign on the suspension when it needs rebuilding?
  6. H

knocking with coilover

Im not sure where excatly the noise is coming from, it either the enigine or suspension or ??? I set off driving normal and change to 2nd gear and i hear a knocking noise somerwhere in the front and same to 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th gear. another way i tested the knocking noise is when im driving...
  7. H

tyres size question

got standard dc5 wheels, can i get 225 on these rims? can i also run on 215-40-17, would this make any difference on ride comfort?
  8. H

car pulling left badly!!

my car is pulling left badly, very noticeable on motorway it will just drag me to the hardshoulder, so i changed my wheels front to back ( same tyres and trend). Problem is still there! It happens when i accelerate and even when i left off the accelerate pedal so it free rolling. So i have the a...
  9. H

start up problem noise

i think it only happens on cold start, when i start the car up there is a high pitch screech noise coming from the engine, only for like half a second, it sounds simliar when you turn the key whiles the engine is still running? any one had this problem before? Its use to do it now and again, but...
  10. H

high pitch tinny noise

Hi there when i go into the high rev range about 8500 rpm and change gear, or soon as i let off the accerate pedel there is a high fast pitch tinny rattle noise for about a half a second, it semm like its coming somewhere either from the gearbox or engine area? any ideas??
  11. H

how strong is the gearbox

i had a bit of a problem when changing gear in high revs, it hard to ingage into to gear out? so it cause it to grind, i have done this couple of this time, would this cause any major damage to the internal of the gearbox?
  12. H

how to adjust headlights?

How do you adjust the headlights? i have seen a grey screw behind the headlight, could that be it? if so which way do i need to turn to make them direct down?
  13. H

lsd on dc5

had the car on ramp today so the front wheels are jacked up, and spin one wheel and the other side does not spin at all, i thought when the car has lsd the wheels spin other direction on other side. has all dc5 got lsd as standard?
  14. H

tdi north or unit 8

which company would be better to do a fast road setup? or are they quite simliar?
  15. H

c spanner size

any one know the size for the c spanner for some bilstein coilover, are all the size for coilover are the same?
  16. H

new coilover fitted!!

just got some coilover fitted, just wondering do i need any setup doing??
  17. H

lowering spring issus!

Im looking to get some tein lowering springs for my dc5, spoke to one company and they said its the same spring that goes on a civic type r ep3, is this true? what sort of prices are tein lowering springs?
  18. H

torque damper

Is torque damper need?? As im driving along and when i change down a gear (e.g 4th gear into 3rd gear, so then its at high rev rang) and can hear like clunk noise from the engine area, it sound nearly as same as going over speed bumps.
  19. H

Hard getting into gear

When change gear in the high rev rang about 8.5 rpm, i find it more difficult to change gear, but when driving normal its fine, is this normal?
  20. H

Hard getting into gear

When change gear in the high rev rang about 8.5 rpm, i find it more difficult to change gear, but when driving normal its fine, is this normal?