Search results

1. sovietspybob

MapCrunch DC5

Just found the website Map Crunch, basically it just transports you to random views in Google street view. On my 17th click it zoomed me straight into a sweet looking CW teg Link That is all!
  2. sovietspybob

The Teg has gone :-(

Just a quick thread so i can whine like a little girl :lol: Sold my Teg last weekend :( Traded it in for a 2005 Impreza - pics below Was fancying a change for a bit, and the teg had cost me a fair bit over my ownership and i wasn't completely confident in it not to carry on costing me money...
  3. sovietspybob

Wavetrac LSD vs Snow

In the spirit of the "Anything vs Snow" threads at the moment i thought i'd join in! Just a note for others that are interested, i had a Wavetrac LSD fitted to my car at the end of the summer as my OEM diff managed to destroy itself :( It's always felt alot better than OEM in general driving...
  4. sovietspybob

Just failed MOT

MOT is due on the 30th so thought i'd get in early just incase and good job i did as it failed on a couple of things :( First off "Nearside rear fuel system component insecure 7.2.1b" - no idea what this one is :? i've had a good look around underneath and can't find anything at all thats...
  5. sovietspybob

Spot the problem

:( was just rotating my tyres this afternoon so was pulling out the little stones that get trapped in the treads and found a snapped off nail right in one of the grooves :xcry: going to take it somewhere tomorrow morning to see if it can be plugged so fingers crossed. If not i don't really...
  6. sovietspybob

Sky Insurance - Have re-deemed themselves!

Just renewed my car insurance, phoned around the usual suspects and sky came out about 40quid cheaper and because of their good rep on her i thought it a no brainer however... Its taken them a week and a half to get my documents to me and worst of all my car is listed as a 2001 1.8 :shock...
  7. sovietspybob

Diagnostic Port

Just a quick one to see if anyone knows... does the DC5 have a JODB or ODB-II port? I can read codes from the port but don't get all the data i'd expect from a full ODB-II port like MAF and some others. Only asking as me and a friend are wanting to write a simple instant MPG program to use in...
  8. sovietspybob

TDI North

Just wanted to note my approval of their services :lol: Went there today for a quick service before i'm off to Europe for a few days and the guys couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They found some stuff i wasn't really expecting but thats life so it'll be back with them soon to get it...
  9. sovietspybob

Driving in Europe

Right I'm off to Europe (Nurburgring i think but they won't tell me where exactly we're going) for a weekend with a few friends for my stag do at the back end of April so.... What do i need to take/get done to the car before i go? I know you need to have hi-vis vest, warning triangle etc in the...
  10. sovietspybob

TOAD Alarm Location

Guys, I've got a TOAD alarm fitted to my car but only have the 1 fob so want to get another, but as i don't have the installation certificate i need to find the unit to supply the serial number etc. Only problem i have is i can't find it! I've had a good look around but no idea where it is...
  11. sovietspybob

Anyone here use Fuelly?

Just wondering if anyone here uses fuelly.com to track their MPG? I've used it for some time and found it to be fairly interesting, mainly as i can update it straight from my iphone or work PC rather than waiting to put it into a spreadsheet when i get home...
  12. sovietspybob

MOT Failure Statistics

An interesting read http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/opensecrets/2010/01/mot_failure_rates_released.html Spreadsheet: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/opensecrets/MOT_Make_Model_Comp_2007.xls I jumped straight to the integra section in the spreadsheet :lol: and surprisingly few DC5's tested that year so...
  13. sovietspybob

Can anybody help me name these wires

Guys, not sure if this is the right place so mods feel free to move it if you see fit I was having a look over my car this morning and found these in the dash under the stereo in front of the cup holders does anyone know what they are? are they part of my alarm system? the car has a TOAD...
  14. sovietspybob

North Wales members?

Anyone here from North Wales or near there? I've pretty much settled on a DC5 for my next car but i'd really like to see on in the flesh and talk to an owner who's not trying to sell it to me if that makes sense? I don't need to drive it as i know thats such a pain with insurance and things...
  15. sovietspybob

Potential car

Hi Guys I‘ve been on the lookout for a DC5 for a bit now and finally decided to bite the bullet and buy one soon and came across this one http://www.albico.net/page18.html I think it‘s a bit expensive as its higher mileage and non C pack etc what do you reckon its worth? Also has anyone had...
  16. sovietspybob

Seats

Hi all i've been lurking on here for quite some time now so thought i should finally post somthing! i've decided on a DC5 for my next car but just want to check a couple of things out first, as i live in north wales there arn't any near by that i've been able to go and see :( First question...