Search results

1. Marpol

Gears a bit stiff - new clutch time?

I've had a good search on the forum and think its probably time for a new clutch but would appreciate your input. Had the DC5 2 years now and in the last 6 months all the gear changes have become quite stiff and notchy both when moving and stationary. Shes done 45k but has been on track 3...
  2. Marpol

Car bogging down under acceleration! Help! (Now Fixed!!!)

This problem started with the car taking longer and longer to start up, battery is 6 months old and has plenty of charge. Its not struggling to turn over but just takes an age to fire into life! Now when accelerating or even just trying to maintain a certain speed there is a massive drop in...
  3. Marpol

F1 Asymmetric 2 On Track???

Was planning on getting some Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2's as my next tyres as ive heard great reviews. However ive just booked my first track day in the DC5! Will these tyres hold up on track or am I wasting my money? Currently running hankook RS2's which would be ideal for the track but there...
  4. Marpol

Valve Clearance Time

My car is just coming up to 24,000 miles am I right in thinking this is the interval for its first valve clearance check? I was going to have a go at doing this myself but have never done it before, is it best to leave it to a competent garage? Ive heard bad things about going to Honda for...
  5. Marpol

Why are my side skirts different???

Ive never noticed this before until AlanS pointed out that my side skirts are different to the norm! They are flat pretty much all the way down then comes out a bit at the back as apposed to everyone elses that are chuncky at the front and back with a twist in the middle!... Are they off a...
  6. Marpol

What do people do about rear pads?

Ive noticed that my rear pads are getting quite low and could do with changing but wondered if people just replace them with standard or go for uprated ones? I plan on uprating the fronts to some Mintex 1144's or similar when they wear out but is it really worth uprating the rears or will...
  7. Marpol

Had my car on the rollers today...

Kind of gate crashed a civic rolling road day at TDI North! They were all friendly enough though and I decided to throw the DC5 on and see whats what. Its completely standard bar a K&N drop in filter and she made a healthy 222bhp :D Very happy with that, makes a perfect base line to build upon...
  8. Marpol

Had FRS Done Yesterday!

I fitted my eibach springs and SPC camber bolts and rear camber arms at the weekend and had yesterday off work so popped round to TDI North to book it in for a fast road setup. Paul very nicely managed to squeeze me in there and then and and Ben set to work while I waited... Oh my...
  9. Marpol

Eibach Springs Problem?

Fitted my new eibach springs yesterday, the rears sit fine but the front passenger side sits about 15mm higher than the drivers side! The springs are seated properly in the stops and after a bit of a drive out today it still hasn't settled any! Has anyone had this problem before or any ideas...
  10. Marpol

Where to Buy Fujitsubo???

I used to have a Fujitsubo RM01A on my DC2 and was exactly what I wanted from an exhaust :D Have decided I want another for my DC5, only trouble is finding somewhere that sells them! The only place I can find is Touge Distribution...
  11. Marpol

Thoughts On Clarion VX401E

Im after a double din to replace the standard one and thought i might as well go for a screen! :D I want integrated bluetooth and onscreen iPhone control for my music! Just wondering if anyone has ever had a Clarion before and if there any good? Its not a bad price either at £350...
  12. Marpol

2011 VOSA changes to MOT

Dont know if anyone has seen this? Interesting read about HID lights as our tegs dont have suspension level sensors, in car beam adjuster or headlight washers!
  13. Marpol

Eibach Or Tein Springs

Ive done a fair bit of searching on the above and read through lots of posts but just cant decide which to go for! I like the drop on the Tein, they give the stance im after but what is the ride quality like compared to standard? I believe the Eibach give a softer ride to standard which im not...