Search results

1. J

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know what this is?

Looks like the spring clip that holds the coin pocket in place and gives it its nice mechanism....
  2. J

Chris Knott - Attention if you're under 30

im with chris knott right now. i guess they wont be sending me a renewal notice then in november
  3. J

Rubbing noise while braking.....

something caught in your brake pads. take them out give them a clean use degreaser or brake cleaner then put them back together using ceratec
  4. J

My Windscreen Nightmare.., Advice Needed

hey the 2 months delivery was what i was quoted for a wing mirror replacement tell them to order the windscreen, the chances are itll arrive in 2/3weeks anyway if its from honda japan
  5. J

Replacement wing mirror glass

got the glass 10 calender days after ordering was easy to fit - just watch your eyes when pulling the old cracked glass off!
  6. J

what can i do temporarily in the meantime then? the view is terrible with the mirror in a hundred pieces...
  7. J

i ordered one from my local honda, but it is 2 months lead time, is this normal?
  8. J

Best wheel cleaners???

the best stuff by far is diablo wheel cleaner (chemical guys) get it from carwashnwax.com
  9. J

My insurance troubles.....

try Chris Knott insurance mate thats who im with, theyre very good, and after adding on extra mods, theyve not increased my insurance, only my excess... also Bell has the dc5 on thier file because ive seen it on thier website so thats wierd they cudnt find it
  10. J

Headlight Restoration

any before pics? also i noticed you were using glass polish, these headlights are plastic not glass, i use meg plastX
  11. J

Really annoying sqeeking brakes

copper grease, as the name suggests, is derived from copper, the advantages which are that it lasts much longer (for most applications such as hub/wheel or bolt/nuts) and is much less prone to contamination from grime and dirt. Ceratec is a completely different type of grease, specially...
  12. J

ATTENTION ALL HEL BRAKE LINE USERS!!!!

HEL have local manufacturers. Gerry @ Performancetek is the manufacturer of HEL here in Glasgow, dont know about any other areas. perhaps the problem lies with some manufacturers not following creation guidlines on building the lines because at the end of the day, its just a few pieces needing...
  13. J

Headlight "Cloudy"

definetly needs sanded with 2000 before polishing to bring up the shine, otherwise you will have a lot more work polishing after 1200 or 1500
  14. J

servicing?

i use; hamp oil filter mobil1 0w-40 oil 5L OEM spark plugs (only need to do these every 15-20k) they have a lifespan of 30k (NGK Platinum) very easy to do it all yourself. if your oil is quite dirty, use an oil flush before changing the oil.
  15. J

black bits on DC5s

Let me tell all of you: dont bother with any of that stuff until youve tried this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plasticare-Trim-Dye-BLACK-Plastic-Rubber-Bumper-Paint-/250621545861?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5a354d85 this stuff is top notch ive used it and it...
  16. J

Eibach springs

Eibach springs: Ive been told they do Pro kit which is 1" to 1.4" drop and they do sportline kit which is 1.7" to 2" drop who has experience with these kits and what are your comments? what are the differences between the kits?
  17. J

need help 3m carbon di noc

yeah i know about the heat gun, but some bits are really difficult to shape around. yeah it was £80 from a guy on ebay.
  18. J

John @ Pro Grip

Pro Grip in Bonnybridge, Scotland. 01324810111 8 Canal Bank Ind Est, Seabegs Rd, FK4 2BP Went to get my coilovers, camber adjusters set up for fast road. What a machine John has got, cost him the best part of £20,000 I wanna say thanks to him and recommend him to anyone wanting 4 wheel...
  19. J

need help 3m carbon di noc

just got a huge roll of 3M Carbon Wrap Di-Noc. been trying a couple of engine pieces. Done the spark plug cover and manifold cover, they were hard!! 1) Anyone got any tips on using this stuff. Im good at DIY but new to this. 2) Can the carbon wrap be laquered or something else to give it a...
  20. J

Nebie

Welcome Nebie