Search results

1. J

Eibach springs

Eibach springs: Ive been told they do Pro kit which is 1" to 1.4" drop and they do sportline kit which is 1.7" to 2" drop who has experience with these kits and what are your comments? what are the differences between the kits?
  2. J

John @ Pro Grip

Pro Grip in Bonnybridge, Scotland. 01324810111 8 Canal Bank Ind Est, Seabegs Rd, FK4 2BP Went to get my coilovers, camber adjusters set up for fast road. What a machine John has got, cost him the best part of £20,000 I wanna say thanks to him and recommend him to anyone wanting 4 wheel...
  3. J

need help 3m carbon di noc

just got a huge roll of 3M Carbon Wrap Di-Noc. been trying a couple of engine pieces. Done the spark plug cover and manifold cover, they were hard!! 1) Anyone got any tips on using this stuff. Im good at DIY but new to this. 2) Can the carbon wrap be laquered or something else to give it a...
  4. J

Best Fluid

What fluid gives the punchiest brakes, least sponginess and overall best improvement?
  5. J

Best pads/discs for light street use.

have been looking at all your pad/discs posts and noticed they are all for hard work, tracking etc. i want to know what is a good entry level brake disc and pad set up to go for? front and back, not too pricey. im not a hard nut racer so wont be putting them to the limits, i just want something...
  6. J

AEM V2

if i get an aem v2 whats the best way to get cold air to it? as it sits in the middle of the engine fully exposed. any suggestions?
  7. J

Anyone have a Diamond cut finish

Anyone have a Diamond cut finish on thier DC5 alloys? If so can I get a look at them? Post pics here.
  8. J

Tyres:

I know this must have been covered before but once again, the search function isnt finding what im looking for. Too many results to look through Basically the car i just bought came with 3 cheap ass tyres and 1 michelin, they all have good tread but the cheapies are beyond pathetic. I need a...
  9. J

Cold air intake

Very strange, but ive just noticed that the cold air intake for my airbox is missing? I checked with a friend who has a DC5 and his is also missing? is there a conspiracy going on here lol it seems as if the pipe at the lower front of the box is just not there, although there is mounting grooves...
  10. J

nice sounding drop in filter?

any drop in filters make the dc5 sound good on revving? if so which is best
  11. J

What oil and sparkys

Question: what oil and spark plugs are recommended by you guys?? (search function doesnt work if you use a 3 letter word although im sure it will have been covered before)
  12. J

no luck finding a decent quote :(

cant seem to find a cheap quote anywhere im 25, 4 years no claims (protected), standard dc5 2001, no conv. no crashes. 5000 miles a year, Toad CAT 1 alarm. cheapest quote i had is £820, ive tried em all, guess ill have to go with this. any other insurance companies not mentioned often here??
  13. J

Problem trying to find my car on insurance websites

some websites cant seem to locate my car using the registration number, and some dont even have the car listed, like confused.com one even came up as a honda civic type r lol any suggestions?