Search results

1. Dazmartin

Advice Need - Car "Coughing"

Cheers, will get it checked
  2. Dazmartin

Advice Need - Car "Coughing"

Hi all, my car has been SORN of road for nearly 1 year, I have it back on the road now with new clutch, tyres, disks, pads and new pre-cat sensor. However, the engine management light comes on every now and then and at low speed when cold the car appears to splutter "cough" ever so slightly...
  3. Dazmartin

SORN and insurance

Cheers guys, had a quote for "laid up" 3rd party insurace £100 for 12 months. Mmmm take a risk .... Garage is alarmed and part of the house.... descisions, descisions.. Any issues if the battery is removed for a long period ? other than the fact it wont start ?
  4. Dazmartin

SORN and insurance

Hi guys I'm sure a number of people here only use thier DC5's in the summer. My question, how do you go about SORN, TAX and Insurance if the car is not going to be used ? Basically I have been offered a free car off a family member, I would love to garage the DC5 up for a while and give her...
  5. Dazmartin

The Ultimate Battery Thread

Just ordered after reading the above, hope it fits ! http://www.tayna.co.uk/Type-156-Varta-Asia-Car-Battery-P3204.html £48.88 delivered with discount code FACEBOOK45 Just like as Wardy7 says if it doesn't work.
  6. Dazmartin

The Ultimate Battery Thread

Sorry to be a pain guys, need a battery as I am having to charge mine every night. The one in is tiny, it doesn't fill the tray. Can anyone confirm the Varta Blue Car Battery B31 please ? Its a lot of money this time of year if it doesn't fit. http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/product/B31/...
  7. Dazmartin

Picture Request - Blue DC5 with Various Dark Coloured Wheels

Tried them on mine, had problems with them sticking but here they are..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-04-ACURA-RSX-TAIL-LIGHT-PRECUT-REDOUT-TINT-COVER-RED-OVERLAYS-/370611922961?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AAcura%7CModel%3ARSX&hash=item564a312811&vxp=mtr
  8. Dazmartin

Insurance shock!

Do you own the white one with the bronze wheels ?
  9. Dazmartin

Insurance shock!

Right, just been on the phone to Sainsburys. Very friendly guy on the phone confirmed all the details, confirmed the car as an import, confirmed cat back stainless exhaust and air filter. Asked if it had a Mugan kit on as they were expensive to replace told him no. Even got a years free...
  10. Dazmartin

Insurance shock!

I'm going to call them tomorrow, I will let you know how I get on. As mentioned my insurance is due.
  11. Dazmartin

Insurance shock!

I'm old and have just done a quote as mine is due in 6 days. Sky £580 come down from £650 last year. Sainsburys with protection £244 ! It is listed as a Honda Integra 2.0 Type-R 1998cc 2DR. has anyone actually spoke to them and mentioned it's an import ? This just seems to good to be true ...
  12. Dazmartin

M.O.T Failure - Parts needed

Sensor I have is apparently the wrong one ! the grey connector on mine is Female and apparently it should be male. Also there are more wires on the original (according to the garage, I wasn't there). Does anyone have a pic of a Honda O2 sensor including the harness connector please. I don't...
  13. Dazmartin

Insurance For The Newcastle Area

Hi I live in Washington NE38 I'm gulp 43 ! full no claims etc... car garaged. I was with A-Plan but the renewal was £700. Sky cover me for £600 again it's through "other" underwriter. I have had the car 3-4 years and I'm finding the insurance going up about 80-100 pound a year !
  14. Dazmartin

Cheers guys, it's going back in this afternoon, new brake pads and sensor getting fitted and re-tested. After fitting the new sensor will the ECU need re-setting ? Also will having the CAT hot help ? Cheers.
  15. Dazmartin

Rear Pads

Cheers guys, helpful as ever xthumbup Got a price off Dave, you are correct, at least I know I will get the right bits. Hope she gets thru the MOT now :xalright:
  16. Dazmartin

Rear Pads

Hello Need to replace my rear pads, I have been informed they are the same as the civic EP3. I have been on europarts web site and I am being offered fitments of Nisshinbo or Akebono ! ? No idea what these are, any help would be greatly appreciated :xredface: Ta
  17. Dazmartin

Thanks for all the help guys, EP3 rear pads it is then !
  18. Dazmartin

Does anyone know if these will be OK it's for a 2005 civic 2.0 (on a bit of a tight budget at the mo. !) http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Honda_Civic_2.0_2005/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-friction/brake-pad/?101600028&1&4318c54f7937172e5fb9a7b52db170a3139f175c&000036 Ta
  19. Dazmartin

Found these also ! worth a go ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Integra-Not-UK-2-0-Type-R-DC5-01-EBC-Yellowstuff-Pads-Rear-DP41193R-/120952645179?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c2956e63b