Search results

1. P

Borrowed an FD2 for an hour :)

Kudos for your feedback on the car. Sadly, I wish we had these available down in Australia. :(
  2. P

Honda MTF3 vs Redline MTL

Hi there, I've been using MTF3 and been pretty happy with it. However, since I'm from Australia, it's actually quite expensive for me to buy it from UK and shipping it down under. Shipping cost as much as the fluid itself, so I'm paying twice the money for what MTF3 is really worth. In...
  3. P

Engine knocking/tappeting noise

Do you have an oil pressure gauge? May want to make sure that oil pressure is still holding OK at idle. And what viscosity of oil you are using? May want to run a bit thicker oil.
  4. P

Mugen header with sports cat

Bought and installed a used mugen header recently. Paid $900 AUD (came with twinloop as well) It was a shame the cat had a hole some where and was leaking exhaust. So had cut it and replaced it with another 200 cell cat. The only reason I find it was so expensive brand new was because of...
  5. P

DC5R accelerator pedal

Just found that la-dc5 uses 17800-s6m-r01 and Aba-dc5 uses 17800-s6m-j02 I don't recall there being colour difference prefacelift and face lifted dc5 for their accelerator pedals Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. P

DC5R accelerator pedal

Thought it'll look like this Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. P

DC5R accelerator pedal

Just ordered DC5 pedals but I'm kind mind boggled on the difference in color. Has that how it looks brand new? Left is the old one and right is what I got from Honda. Did I get the right part number ? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. P

Mugen Header - Needing to replace donut gasket

Thanks for the replies guys. Beppe, which size did you buy from tegiwa?
  9. P

Mugen Header - Needing to replace donut gasket

Hi guys, Probably a long shot to get an answer but I'm trying to fix an exhaust leak. Replaced the mugen cat with a magna flow cat because the mugen cat had a crack in the body. However, I also need to replace the gasket which I'm not sure where to get. As far as I gathered, the collector...
  10. P

Discovered wet patch of oil 1 month after clutch job.

Anyway, just an update on what's happened. After taking the box out, it was concluded that the rear main seal that was leaking oil. Ended up using the PWA seal instead of the PNA. No leaks so far. Went 50-50 split on labour cost.
  11. P

Quick question before the box gets dropped tomorrow, should the RMS be installed dry or lubricated on the outer edge of the seal?
  12. P

At the moment, I've asked them how much will it cost and I was hoping he can give me a more concrete answer but his answer was something like the effect that I may need to pay for the labour but perhaps (cheaper rate) and will work something out after the box is pulled out after determining the...
  13. P

Update: Went back to the workshop, had the main mechanic look at it and he thinks it's rear the main seal after checking through the endoscope. As expected, the box needs to be pulled out again. At this stage, things look grim for me because it sounds like I will be footing the bill for the...
  14. P

Rear main seal, is this. It's pretty standard but not mandatory to be changed when doing a clutch replacement, Although unrelated to the clutch but it commonly replaced because it's cheaper part to replace while the gearbox is off and it certainly needs changing eventually. At this stage...
  15. P

Just another question I would like to ask, when installing the rear main seal, is it mandatory to use a special tool to install it? On the day my clutch was installed, this tool was not used, it was installed by tapping it in around edges. I wonder if this could lead to nasty consequences?
  16. P

Just done a day of driving to and from work. The oil patch is back as per first picture but the back of the valve cover seems relatively dry.
  17. P

Nothing came out of the breather. Took the rubber bit out to look underneath it, it's a bit moist but i assume that's just normal. Went back to the workshop the same day for another a look as the oil leaks at the bottom has returned after 3hours of driving. This time they looked a bit further...
  18. P

Thanks for the reply guys. Unfortunately the head mechanic is not in today, so there's not alot I could do. The junior mechanic inspected the leak through the clutch cover plate and agrees with me that the oil leaks seems to be transmission oil as the rear main seal from the engine block is dry...
  19. P

Hi guys, I need some advice here as I've discovered a leak with my ep3. I done my clutch about 1 month ago with a workshop but when i first spotted the wet patch I was dreading myself that it maybe the rear main seal not being installed properly by my mechanic. So I've undone the clutch...
  20. P

Gearbox soft after clutch change

^^ What he said. The sturdiness you may have experienced prior to the clutch change may had been the result of your synchros having to work harder due to aged clutch not fully disengaging.