Search results

1. J

Big thanks to Stevie at Eight Speed ;-)

See this thread mate. The term I used was Piranha :green: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33457
  2. J

Very nice guys to deal with mate and it was formerly called Unit 8. Highly recommended and I am very fussy :D
  3. J

Just a quick note to Stevie @ Eight Speed for sorting my car at short notice :) As the DC5 has now been sold I needed to return it to standard and required parts off and parts back on in a hurry. Most of you know that Mark isn't well at the moment (get well soon mate if you read this) so...
  4. J

Returning back to near standard?

What you got mate, a Kpro :green:
  5. J

Sensible advice mate, thanks 8)
  6. J

As per the title. Has anyone done this with success? I am considering returning the car to near standard form ready for sale later in the year. Parts that would come off and be replaced by OEM ones would probably be: Mugen ECU Toda manifold Mugen twinloop Buddyclub race spec coilovers Mugen...
  7. J

Dunlop DZ03G

Please post some feedback up then mate after your trip :green:
  8. J

Big thanks to Unit 8

You just want to see the Orange wheels :green: Will have to get some sorted in the next week or two and get them posted on here 8)
  9. J

Big thanks to Unit 8

So got all the gear below fitted last week and took the car to the track on Saturday for a shakedown session 8) Buddyclub racing spec coilovers Spoon rear brace Spoon front brace Buddyclub shortshifter Buddyclub roll centre adjuster Drop-in sump baffle kit Gearbox mount set Oil change with...
  10. J

Big thanks to Unit 8

All sourced and fitted by Unit 8 mate :green:
  11. J

Big thanks to Unit 8

Cheers buddy :D Forgot to add the Tegiwa brake stopper as well. Looking forward to a trip to the Dentist after the coilovers are fitted :shock: :green:
  12. J

Big thanks to Unit 8

And moving swiftly along to the next stage of evolution, we have the following items being fitted on Thursday at Unit 8 8) Buddyclub racing spec coilovers Spoon rear brace Spoon front brace Buddyclub shortshifter Buddyclub roll centre adjuster Drop-in sump baffle kit Gearbox mount set Oil...
  13. J

Measure exhaust noise

Unfortunately you go away with your tail between your legs mate :( I got thrown off at Castle Combe in my Skyline in the afternoon when I think the baffles went in my exhaust and I saw a TVR get thrown out before he had turned a wheel. Definitely get it tested before you go as these guys are...
  14. J

Shifter bushing kit

Cheers fella, appreciate that :)
  15. J

Measure exhaust noise

Didn't know that shauny, apologies (new to the DC5). In that case, probably claim to the scrutineer that the rev limit is 6,800rpm \:D/ That will also keep it out of the Vtec zone O:)
  16. J

Measure exhaust noise

Select neutral and hit the loud pedal mate :green:
  17. J

Shifter bushing kit

Came across this kit on the CTR owners forum. Apparently it replaces the worn OEM bushing and tightens up the shift? Has anyone got experience with this on a DC5? Cheers, George
  18. J

Measure exhaust noise

I think there is more to it than just the rating on the backbox mate as noise is going to come from lots of different areas. Most tracks stipulate that the db limit is taken at 3/4 maximum revs so you would need to take the measurement at 6,300rpm and the meter needs to be one metre from the...
  19. J

Buddyclub P1 racing damper

Long story mate, but N+ and others I was looking at were out of stock. I have looked the specification on the racing damper and it says that it is okay for the street on the softest (4kg setting). I was just looking for someone to back that up from a personal perspective 8)
  20. J

Buddyclub P1 racing damper

Nobody running this suspension?