Search results

1. Stylesa

AM51 TEG - Where is it now?

Was filtering through old phone photos on a hard drive and came across the 'Teg' folder. Made me curious as to where it may be now, how it's been treated etc. I can see that it hasn't been MOT'd since 2016 so hopefully it's tucked up somewhere and is being looked after. Wondering if anyone...
  2. Stylesa

Cammed DC5s?

Anyone on here still got a cammed DC5? i remember the big power list had a few guys running 270bhp...ish. wondered if they were still around.
  3. Stylesa

Bye Bye DC5

Well guys, the day has almost arrived, the DC5 is going tomorrow. i'm doing a swap for a focus ST plus cash my way. Moved home to save for a house and i'm having to leave the DC5 on the street, which im not comfortable with so i decided it was best to sell. Focus is 100% standard, 3 door...
  4. Stylesa

Car up for sale....:(

Absolutely gutted. finally had to put the teg up for sale. its up on PH, will get an advert on here soon. tragic! Never thought i would succumb to the 'trying to get on the property ladder' cliche, but i have. :xno:
  5. Stylesa

Bye Bye Teg.....

Well, i didnt think this would happen, but i have succumbed to the house purchase carry on, and the teg is going to be the casualty. the price of property in aberdeen is ridiculous just now, so i just cant justify trying to run the teg whilst the gf and I are trying to save. awful banter! Car...
  6. Stylesa

Another Headlight Thread

I replaced my headlights for MOT in late November, but over the last few days, the passenger light has started flickering randomly. Not on every journey, but at least one in three. It sometimes flickers out and sometimes flickers and stays on... They are 8k bulbs... i have tried to check...
  7. Stylesa

Putting the OEM back box back on....

Im having a rather unfortunate problem..... my girlfriend stays in a quiet cul-de-sac and when i start my car up in the mornings, the cold idle seems to have a habit of setting off her neighbour's car alarms. and it's getting to the point where it's happening quite a lot, i can understand the...
  8. Stylesa

Battery Issues

Since having a Toad AI606 installed, my tiny wee battery seems to be struggling. it has gone flat quite a few times recently. think the alarm must be draining more power from the battery. i have done the standard stuff like take it out for a long run and charge up, but if i leave it for more...
  9. Stylesa

Clunk From Teins.

Been having a bit of an issue with the near side front coilover. got a bad clunk when steering at full lock and changing direction at slow speeds, eg doing a 3 point turn. Anyway, after a bit of dithering as to what it was, i noticed a bit of play in the wheel, i found it to be the bottom...
  10. Stylesa

Aftermarket Final Drive Acceleration....

I have considered changing the final drive but after a brief search, i havent really found the answer to my questions. Right..... Final drive from CRX or FD2 would be the way to go.... This would apparently improve acceleration and decrease top speed. My question is, would it actually...
  11. Stylesa

No gears...!!!!

The search function seems to be down so a post is required. Tried to drive home from girlfrirend's place this morning before work, started the car, left it in first overnight, pulled away, went to select second and there was nothing. gear lever felt like it wasnt attached to anything. It was...
  12. Stylesa

Roll centre Adjusters......

Considering going for the Buddyclub RCAs, Just wondering if i could get some feedback on them before purchase. Do they drastically reduce body roll? worthwhile getting? Any info would be good, positive or negative.
  13. Stylesa

Alarm Replacement - Wiring Diagram

Can someone please confirm that the wiring diagrams shown in the RSX manual are the same for the central locking (section 22-156) and the alarm (22-184) as on the Type R...? Wire colours etc.....
  14. Stylesa

Induction Kits for the DC5

Since this is a re-occuring theme on here, thought it may be an idea to put some info together about the different induction kits available for the DC5, if people could add to this then it could potentially turn into a sticky for newbies to read. Gruppe M - Generally the most desirable -...
  15. Stylesa

Blue Front Calipers

DC5 is booked in next week for some more cosmetic work, was considering getting the calipers done in arctic blue (to match the car). i remember seeing a thread about someone who had done it.... but i've had a quick search and cant find anything relevant. Having spoken to the guy at the paint...
  16. Stylesa

New alarm....

Im just away to buy a new a alarm and have it fitted by a family friend who does this sort of thing for a living. he has asked me if i could possibly get a hold of a wiring diagram as this would make his job much easier (and will save me labour costs).... Does such a thing exist for the DC5...
  17. Stylesa

How to treat new paint....?

My car is booked in to get the front bumper sprayed next week. The scattered stone chips have finally worn me down! Just wondering what im best to do in terms of treating it after i get it back..... From what i've already read there are toxins that release from the paint in the first couple of...
  18. Stylesa

Smoked Headlights

Does anyone have/know of a DC5 with smoked front headlights? seen it on a couple of evos and they totally transform the look of the car, think they might make the front end look a little more menacing on the DC5...
  19. Stylesa

ICE Noob... want new speakers

Chaps, i have read the pinned topic about speaker sizes above, but am still none the wiser. apparently nothing is going to slot in nicely without using some brackets and a bit of a faff! My current speakers cant really handle any sort of volume/bass without distorting. i just want a set up...
  20. Stylesa

Couldnt get enough camber....

Put my car is for a more agressive geo set up than i'd previously had. But the guys that did it said that they couldnt get enough camber on the front without running a lot of toe in, they said that the way the suspension is set up, there is no way of adjusting the toe back to neutral when...