Search results

1. J

Fuel pump capacity for boosted Dc5

I am in the process of going for a rotrex setup C30-94 which should give near 400bhp, does anyone know if I will have to upgrade the fuel pump for the bigger injectors?
  2. J

Supercharger manifold

Guys, I am looking at a few different S/C setups, does anyone know where to get a generic K20A S/C manifold? I can only see ones that come with a kit like the CT engineering one however this is for a smaller charger like the JRSC. Cheers
  3. J

Tuning issue knock detection

I am having a little trouble, with my drag cartel DIC tuning, the knock sensor is picking up knock, and the engine is retarding. Having spoken with various tuners it appears that the cams will cause knock even when tuned, the answer appears to be turning knock detection off. Has anyone else...
  4. J

Syron street race

Guys, Whats your view on the street race syrons, they seem cheap as chips and good reviews. I only found out about this tyre the other day, reading a for sale item on here. They are a semi slick tyre soft compound for £57 per tyre...
  5. J

4WD conversion

Guys, Does anyone know if this is possible for a DC5, I am soon going to have a cammed setup which wont really require the 4wd however if i decide to get boost in the future I wouldnt really consider doing this still FWD. The DC5 with 4wd and a Rotrex mixed into a cammed DC5 would be epic...
  6. J

Cams cost & info

Guys, Does anyone know the full cost & what is involved in a cam setup to a stage 1 car? I was looking at skunk 2 stage 3 cams on teigwa they require, valve springs and retainers is this all I will need?
  7. J

Any one up for Crail soon?

As stated any dc5 want to go up?
  8. J

Changed AEM to Teigwa Gruppe M copy

Guys, Just got this done im very impressed feels like another 10bhp. Took the AEM off bits of, the filter were rubbing against the gearbox casing and was warm to touch heatsock central! Andy from Automek done the changeover top man.
  9. J

My car on SOS motorsports new site Blog

http://www.sosmotorsport.co.uk/blog-1/ Also if any one up scotland wants to go for a little day out dyno shootout. As i would love to see some of the other comanys roller tuned cars on daves rollers to see the difference as his dont give you free bhp. Jonny
  10. J

Rolling speed

Guys, Just out of interest how do you find your DC5 competes in 30-100 drags against the usual Focus RS, Asrta vxrs, S3's ep3 TR etc What I found running 220ps with spare type and jack removed it holds the RS and pulls on all other hot hatches in stock form? All from a 2NA car it is dam...
  11. J

knock sensor

Guys, I need a new knock sensor for my DC5 does anyone know where I can get one? Also is the part the same as Ep3 type R as i have heard its no the same? Or if any one has one for sale could you pm me Cheers Jonny.
  12. J

Car Getting Unichip Q fitted with Vtec Controller

Guys, I am gettting my car set up with this combo on Friday :xgrin: Half the price of the Kpro @ £550 fitted Good gains were proved a month back with a Ep3 got 234bhp With my current set up with Stage 1 dc sports manifold, race header, dc sports exhaust & AEM induction im looking...
  13. J

unichip

does any one know what version of the unichip you can buy for the DC5? or are they all universal?
  14. J

Crail 1/4 mile USSC results

I ran the teg on the strip for the first time today :) Im really impressed with its performance for a N/A with just stage 1 breathing mods manifold, exhaust and induction. I made the semi final in my class of fwd N/A my best time was 14.3 @ 102.5 my 60ft time is what can be improved as it...
  15. J

DC5 Type R Top gear

Guys, Having a conversation in work about what time a stock Dc5 would go round the top gear track with the stig driving? I was thinking a late 1.29 ? what do you think?
  16. J

New DC5 type r owner

Hello, I have just purchased myself a 05 HNB teg it was kerbies you can see it here http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... nnyteg.png I have to say that i really love the teg its just so great to drive, I have changed my opinion about VTECH and coming from a turbo charged car my 360bhp...