Search results

1. Gerard DC5

Anyone got my old DC5?

Just wondering if its still going strong. WF52 FMD CW/red. Sold it in november to get into turbo land. Kept a lookout on the forum for new members with it and such but not seen it. Traded in down in Staffordshire and as far as I know it sold in less than a week.
  2. Gerard DC5

Insurance Question

Hey all managed to go a total of 4 months before deciding I shouldnt have sold the teg and NEED another one. OH is taking lessons and will be looking for a car. She really liked the teg and suggested we should get another one. Again it will just be a weekend car and insurance for me for 5k a...
  3. Gerard DC5

Sold my teg

Well after 2 years of owning the best car i've had I p/x the teg in today for an impreza. Been wanting to scratch the itch for a while now so thought what better time than now. Will stick a few pics up when Ive got some to show. Can honestly say though that if it wasnt for lack of space I would...
  4. Gerard DC5

Bit of an odd question

Hey all might be a daft question but does anyone know of any products for sticking a tax disc holder to the windscreen without going overkill and using superglue or something equally ridiculous? I've got a metal one with the forum name on it which was in the car when I bought it and its got...
  5. Gerard DC5

Bodyshops in Glasgow/North Lanarkshire

Anyone recommend me a good one for getting some paintwork done? Hoping to get my splitter repainted as the stonechips are getting on my nerves now :lol: Do plan on getting the bumper redone when funds allow too! Also a rough price if anyone knows that too? Cheers in advance!
  6. Gerard DC5

Driveshaft Advice

Looking for a bit of help, had the car up on the ramps and my mate noticed that the driveshaft support bearing had a bit of play in it. Is this normal or should it be replaced? I should add that ive not noticed any change when driving the car no knocking or anything. Cheers.
  7. Gerard DC5

Wheel Refurb Glasgow.

Anyone got any recomendations for this? Just looking to get oem CW wheels redone in the same colour. Also how much is it likely to cost? Cheers :)
  8. Gerard DC5

Shell garages near Alton towers?

As above got a 260 mile drive back to Glasgow and will need to fill up down here. Anyone know of any nearby shell garages?
  9. Gerard DC5

Front bumper question

Just after some opinions preferably from the folk with CW tegs. Ive just removed the standard number plate in favour of an offset bracket and plate but now have the hole right in the middle of the bumper visible. In the longrun im hoping to have it filled and the bumper painted but not for a few...
  10. Gerard DC5

Metal fabrication Glasgow

Does anyone know anywhere that would be able to make me a bracket to offset my number plate (similar to the Beatrush one) as I dont fancy drilling my bumper to mount anything to it. Not sure what something like this would even cost to do and I might actually be cheaper going for the Beatrush...
  11. Gerard DC5

When to clay?

Hey all, noticed that ive got quite a few tar spots on the front wings and side of the car. Would I be best to try using a tar remover or to clay the whole car? Winter months have taken there toll. Cheers.
  12. Gerard DC5

Side Light bulbs

Ive read that you need to remove the bumper to change HID bulbs but is it the same process to do the sidelights? Mine came today but it was dark by the time I got in to have a proper look at them.
  13. Gerard DC5

Part Name

Anyone know the name of the horizontal piece of plastic that sits in front of the radiator? Searched for "grille" but it just comes up with the part above it with the honda badge on it. Went to fit the new numberplate with the offset bracket then realised im missing this part but I can see the...
  14. Gerard DC5

Mounting a front numberplate

As above how do you mount them to just under the bumper (infront of the radiator) Is it altering the standard clips for the square plate or do you need new ones altogether? Got pulled for my sticky plate so just going to go with a normal rectangular one to save any hastle.
  15. Gerard DC5

Replacement side repeaters

Does anyone know the part number for these? My passenger side ones clip has broken so just keeps on falling out the car, the only thing holding it on is the wire. Also does replacing the orange with clear ones make much difference to the cars appearance? Cheers in advance!
  16. Gerard DC5

Spare Key

Hey done a search for this but just comes up with topics where "key" has been mentioned. Is honda the only place I would be able to pick up a blank key? Or would places like ebay or anything have them? (none on ebay atm)
  17. Gerard DC5

spec 3 vs pro spec

Just recently picked up my DC5 and looking to buy a catback exhaust for it as its totally standard bar some lowering springs. I'm after something quite loud as I dont use the car everyday so no long journeys really. Had a look around and have been told the spec 3 is ridiculiously loud but how...
  18. Gerard DC5

Hey

Hello all. After changing my mind on quite a few occasions ive finally settled on getting a DC5 :) Just a case of waiting on the right one coming up in scotland at the right price. Completely new to the type R brand so hoping to pick up some useful info along the way.