Search results

1. Justintian

Change ecu in pfl dc5

Hi all, I think someone in here may be have the experience on this. I had my ecu kproed now I want to return the car to standard, I have purchased a pfl ecu from another dc5 owner in here, can I change the ecu straight swap to my car? Do I need to reprogrammed my key for the new pfl ecu...
  2. Justintian

Nuts for hub centric wheel spacers

I got a pair of front aluminium wheel spacers, hub centric. The quality is good, comes with shinning aluminium nuts I think. Today after 4x15mins sessions track time, few of those nuts were halfway off. Luckily this didn't not happen during the track time but happened on my way home. With loose...
  3. Justintian

Extra pipe after fitted M2

Can anyone let me know how do you deal with this extra pipe after you swap the IAM from oem to M2? It is just next to the power steering pump. Do you fit a air filter? If so what's the size? Thanks.
  4. Justintian

Exhaust thermal gasket

Hi all, Just curious about the exhaust thermal gasket, as suggested for alternative way for heat management, preventing the heat conducting back to the engine. Although the traditional heat wrap is normally used but it has its bad side where slows down the cooling on exhaust manifold. Ceramic...
  5. Justintian

Sediments in brake fluid reservoir

Hi all, Recently under normal driving condition, a little bit hard braking, my handbrake lights will come on for few seconds, then will disappear. After search on the forum it suggests a brake fluid low warning light. While I was trying to top my brake fluid up. I found a thick layer of...
  6. Justintian

Easy fuel from Jerry can

Right, I am sure you may be carrying extra fuel with Jerry cans for trackdays, I found that it is quite a big work yet not safe to fill the tank in the middle of two session, lift a big Jerry can and pouring into the funnel. What I found for a easy fill is to use this tool. You can just...
  7. Justintian

Tyre tread width on trackday

Hi All, I am trying to find a new set of tyre with suitable tread width for trackdays. I have got a new set of wheels to use and they are 17x7.5J. The reason I am ask is that when I used road tyre Goodyear F1 AS2, I normally found the front tyre outside wall has been wear off after one or two...
  8. Justintian

Desmond regamaster brite and MF10

Just spotted this one, great set for someone to get, looks new and not a bad price, but shipping and vat will be a hit for these things from Japan... http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/k186353846 Also this MF10 17x8 +55.... http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/h202918151
  9. Justintian

Car start problem

Think it may be a common one, after 3 weeks left in the garage, I tried to start the car today, the battery is good (bought new few month ago), the car won't start. On half turn the key, you can hear the battery is working, the engine check fine, every light are fine, after the check, when I...
  10. Justintian

Password JDM or K-tuned parts

Right folks, I am on a conference trip to San Diego CA for a week 1st.Nov to 8th.Nov. I am planning to purchase some car parts local to US then bring them back with me (hide them in the suitcases...) I am currently looking at password jdm myself, some small items like oil cap, dipsticks, maybe...
  11. Justintian

Help - things to do whilst changing clutch

I have replaced the front suspension bushes, but not track rod ends, ball joints. I am thinking to replace them all as the subframe out. Also a clockwise dropin baffle kit (bought) will be fit in the sump. Is there any other suggestion on this while replacing the old clutch? I would like to...
  12. Justintian

Help, the pipe squeezed after clean the throttle body

Good night everyone, I was having a bit annoyed about this pipe as pic shown. I did not notice this before, but after I took the throttle body out and cleaned, changed the thermal gasket, put it back on, filled up the coolant, now I started to notice this pipe, when the engine is running, it...
  13. Justintian

Honda front H badge Pre-face vs facelift

As I was trying to figure out what is the real difference between the H front badge of pre- and facelift one for DC5. I made some measurements: the slop of the badge holder is the same with the same cut in the middle of the top. The front H badge is the same width (8.5cm) and height (7cm). The...
  14. Justintian

Various bolts nuts screws in honda

Just wondering where can you buy all sorts of bolts nuts screws that fit to our car? I am looking for self tapping screws, different sizes bolt and nuts for taillights, bumper etc. If you can get stainless steel one would be even better.
  15. Justintian

Remove the rear number plate metal bracket

Hi all, I found the metal bracket for rear number plate is not on use and causing alot rust around it too, so thinking of removing it. How can you remove it? There are two rubber kind of thing holding it with one nut. I have removed the nut... There is no information on the RSX manual as...
  16. Justintian

Rusty screws in tail lights

What can you do if the four screws that use to secure the taillights to the base plate? I have tried wd40, and they are very tight, I don't want to damage the screw slots so just leave it soaking in wd40 at the moment. Hope the screws are just rusted into the metal plate. Is the screw thread in...
  17. Justintian

Best motoring international

http://youtu.be/K0787SXFlBg Right I am not sure it has been posted or not, but this...makes me wanna just drive it :xyes: God, this man can drive...