Search results

1. Gareth88

Another drop in cam thread

TDI say you can do this as the cams I had fitted will rev out a little more than the oem ones but I didn‘t do this which is a bit of a regret...But that said it‘s also upping the cost; if I‘d have done this I may as well have gone for some more agreesive cams I think. Someone will pop up with...
  2. Gareth88

Do you still have the Dyno print out? I‘d Be interested to compare them
  3. Gareth88

Finally got her mapped =D

Finally got her mapped =D
  4. Gareth88

Sorry for the delay; heres the graph
  5. Gareth88

Hey It wasn‘t actually done by TDI; I just bought the cams and had TGM fit them and Romain map it at Surrey Rolling Road.... so I‘m not actually sure what it would make at TDI I was recommended to change the intake to the inzgen cold air one but I live in an area prone to flooding so I‘ve...
  6. Gareth88

Finally got everything fitted and mapped today and I‘m quite happy with the result Mods - TDI North Stage 2 DIC‘s Solid fabrications big bore manifold Solid fabrications 3inch exhaust Mugen intake J‘s Racing scoop RRC manifold ported to 70mm Skunk 2 70mm throttle body K100 End result was...
  7. Gareth88

No that's without i think it depends on the power your car ends up making as to the injectors requirement
  8. Gareth88

£1600 fitted and mapped
  9. Gareth88

I think tdi north now only make the stage two cams which have a larger lobe on the low cam which gave about 10lbft of torque increase on standard cam on the two dyno graphs I've found. Potentially may have a set to play with soon =]
  10. Gareth88

Hey I realise there is a bunch or info in the search thread but nothing on if the lower price drop in skunk 2 or drag cartel cams etc are going to produce results like the tdi drop in's? Anyone know or tried any of the cheaper ones? Or is it a pay for what you get situation Any help welcome...
  11. Gareth88

Mugen Header CAT replacement?

Lucky it passed in the end... apparently it was the second idle test it was failing on Honda had it from 9am and after several calls were still saying it was failing at 4pm ( don't ask how many times they tested it or why it took so long because I can't tell you! Ha ) apparently then a different...
  12. Gareth88

It's the full system header though to twin loop, I paid a fortune for it few years back so I'm hoping a can of summit in the tank and a good run will help it pass! If not I'll be gutted!
  13. Gareth88

Afternoon guys Has anyone ever had to or heard of the sports cat on a Mugen system needing to be replaced? if so what were the options? Mines just failed its MOT on emissions.... I feel my overdraft is about to take a beating! Cheers Garerh
  14. Gareth88

Suspension thoughts UK roads

Anyone know the spring rates on Eibach Pro streets? I had some fitted about 12months ago and I can't help but feel I've ruined the car on anything but smooth roads. I have got thicker arb's debating changing them back to standard to try and help.
  15. Gareth88

What anti roll bars are you using....

I have the progress 24mm rear and ultra racing 25mm front with eibach coil overs; I love it =] I went for the two because as I understand it the rear introduces oversteer at its limits.. so by stiffening the front as well your increasing the roll rigidity of the whole car so retaining the cars...
  16. Gareth88

Opinions on lighter or under driven pulleys

Just had a look at these; looks like one of these on its own is more than the entire buddy club kit haha
  17. Gareth88

I've read two different figures, 8hp and 7 lbft is on the buddy club description and then the 11 was from someone who had done a before and after dyno run... Can't recal where I found it though. Reading up on other forums some people have worries about the crank pulley being solid and causing...
  18. Gareth88

Is an interesting concept, buddy club seem to think an approximate 11hp is possible according to some dyno testing with their kit
  19. Gareth88

What kind of labour cost is involved in fitting a set of these?
  20. Gareth88

Full bush set "FULL"

I've had the super pro kit on my last teg and it was great; didn't make any notable excess noise and was a great improvement =]