Search results

1. bennn

Noisy PAS Pulley

Hi guys. Got a squeaking noise coming from the aux belt area. Seems to be the PAS pulley (spray on wd and it goes quiet for a while). Are the pulleys available separately or do I have to replace the pump?! Can anyone recommend where to get one?! Cheers Ben
  2. bennn

High Cold Idle. Help!

I've been chasing a high cold idle since I've owned the car and still haven't managed to find it. You start the car cold and it sits around 2.2k rpm but then climbs to 2.5k. When you start driving and put the clutch back in it will shoot up to 3k rpm and get stuck there until the car has...
  3. bennn

Coolant change

Hi guys. Want to change the coolant in my DC5. Is there a drain plug or is it a case of just disconnect the lower rad hose? Presume there is a drain on the block somewhere? Will 5 litres of type 2 be enough?
  4. bennn

Help!

Long shot I know but does anyone know where I might be able to get a set of these from on a Saturday? They are the little plastic bits that sit in the inlet manifold that the injectors sit into. Cheers Ben
  5. bennn

Jap Service Parts

Has anyone used these before? Whats the quality of the parts like? I'm going to be refreshing my suspension and this might be a cheaper and quicker option than genuine parts and some (specifically front ball joints) don't seem to be available from the dealer. Are there any brands that a...
  6. bennn

What goes here?

Am I missing something here? Thought it was the rear arch liners so bought new ones from steels but they don't fit. It in the front arch at the rear. There are couple of holes for clips so looks like there is a liner of some sort there. Here's what I bought that wouldn't fit.
  7. bennn

Washer Gaskets

Hi Guys Does anyone know if you can get the little gaskets that go under the washers from Honda? Mine is missing them so the washers keep coming out when they get used. Otherwise, I'll have to make some!
  8. bennn

What rear brace is this?

Found a non standard rear brace in the back of my car, explains why I had a "spare" standard one. Anyone know what one it is? Can't see any markings. Is it worth anything as I will be putting the standard one in. Cheers Ben
  9. bennn

Decent Ride?

Hi Guys. I'm back in my 3rd DC5 and am looking into suspension options. As far as I know it has the standard suspension and the clocks are showing just over 150k now so I think swapping out the OEM shocks will benefit it. I've also got some clunking over bumps and potholes and the LCA bushes...
  10. bennn

DC5 OEM Exhaust Fitting Kit

Hi guys. I'm going to swap the spoon exhaust that's currently on my DC5 for the OEM B-pipe and back box. I want to get new fixings. Does anyone know what sizes I need. I'm trying to use a Honda parts catalogue to get the part numbers to use at the dealers but even that has different sizes...
  11. bennn

High Cold Idle

Guys not long had my DC5 and I've noticed it seems to have a very high cold idle. It idles around 2.5k rpm and then goes up further towards 3k rpm when the clutch is depressed. Once its warmed up it drops down to around 1k. Its been while since I've owned a K20 engined car but I'm pretty...
  12. bennn

2nd Hand Parts Value

I've just picked up my 3rd Teg which is slightly modified. It has a spoon B pipe and spoon n1 back box, an ings rear bumper, a gruppe M induction kit with red silicone hoses and some wind deflectors. I'm picking up a new bumper tomorrow and have all the other parts with the exception of the...
  13. bennn

Hopefully coming back.

Hi guys. Been a good 4 years or so since I last posted but after a few other cars im hoping to come back to another DC5. Currently have a B7 Audi RS4 Avant which will be up for sale in the next few weeks to help fund our wedding whilst also making way for another DC5. I'll be after a...
  14. bennn

DC5 Office Chair

Made this just now, only took about half an hour. Anyone else got one?!
  15. bennn

Temporary DC5 Cover

Can anyone recommend an insurance company that will cover a DC5 on a temporary basis. I want to insure mine for a month, possibly two. Cheers Ben
  16. bennn

Aftermarket Fuel Rail

Hi guys. My DC5 has got a red AEM fuel rail fitted to it. Its otherwise unmodified so assume its just for engine bling. I'd prefer to put a standard one on. Is the standard one for the DC5 the same as the one for the EP3 (K20A2)? and is it easy to change? If anyone is interested in the AEM...
  17. bennn

Valve clearances

Hi guys. May have been covered but can anyone give me the correct valve clearances for the K20A? Cheers Ben
  18. bennn

Brake Bleeding - Unusual One

Not on a DC5 but I'm sure someone on here may be able to help. I'm in the process of bleeding the brakes in my EP3. Have done O/S/R, N/S/R. Now I've got the the N/S/F I just can't seem to get the air out of it, it just keeps coming. I've already bled them once and had the same problem last...
  19. bennn

Appradio Users

Does anyone on here use spotify with Appradio? I'd like an appradio but there is no point in me getting one if it doesn't work with Spotify as that's what I use for the music on my phone.
  20. bennn

Brake bleeding order

Going to be changing the brake fluid in my DC5. Can anyone confirm what order I need to bleed the brakes in?