Search results

1. truupR

What tyres to go for!??

I used rainsport 3's on my DC5 when I had it. Went from eagle F1's to rainsport 3's after speaking to a few lads at the garage. As soon as they went on they felt a lot better than the F1's ever did. So good in fact that I put them on my R33 GTR too
  2. truupR

JM Imports

Hmm my R33 came in via JM-imports and I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to diagnose an occasional misfire/stuttering. A good chance it could be a wiring issue - time to go get it checked out. Never even crossed my mind until I just read this!
  3. truupR

Calling all Type-R owners! What do YOU look for in a tuning garage?

For me it's about knowledge, customer service and honesty. Nothing worse than dealing with garages where you feel like they're taking you for a bit of a ride with charges for this that and the other. I've skipped around several garages with all my past cars and typically what I look for is...
  4. truupR

That time already..... o/

Haha I'm not too far away, just over in South Wales. I'm sometimes in/near Bristol. I'll give you a shout when I've got the aftermarket turbo's up and running :D
  5. truupR

Certainly a different beast all together. It's about as stock as they come engine-wise. Only boasting a Tomei system (of which the volume needs to be addressed. Deafening). I've got plans to take this closer to the 450/500bhp mark in the near future. I do miss the nimble feel of the DC5 already...
  6. truupR

So, after almost 3 years and around 18,000 miles the DC5 chapter has ended. It's a car that I've absolutely adored from the very first, to the very last drive to it's new owner. I'm genuinely sad knowing it's now somebody else's to enjoy but I felt the turbo itch had to be scratched, and...
  7. truupR

strut/top mount part numbers?

Update: Apparently the top mount plates that I replaced have failed already. Passenger side has perished already would this be a complete replacement and fit the teg? clicky
  8. truupR

I only replaced part number 12 in this diagram (thanks dave) what about the parts 8, 11, 14 and 16? I had the drop links replaced around 12 months ago - could they be gone again so soon? edit: also had track rod ends replaced too! :<
  9. truupR

As title suggests I'm after part numbers for the different bits that make up the strut/top mount. Front passenger side has developed a knock when going over bumps. I changed these (not sure the name but that's what they look like :oops: ) the other month as they looked as if they'd started to...
  10. truupR

Refurbed my headlights yesterday

This does work a treat for a while... still look pretty bad when the lights are on though which sucks. Seems some of the blemishes are inside the light too
  11. truupR

Mapping... Concern?

While I have incredibly limited knowledge about cars/mechanics, I was under the impression that there's very little to be gained from remapping a stock engine. You need the usual mods which would be (just some rough examples): Tegiwa exhaust manifold: £450 RBC inlet mani: £250 DC sports...
  12. truupR

Mapping... Concern?

I went up with a friend to TDi to get his car mapped after having the usual mods carried out. I forget how much it made on the rollers, maybe 240ish bhp. I got to drive it most of the way home and to be honest.. For the money he paid I really struggled to notice the difference. It felt abit...
  13. truupR

Rear seat stitching.... can't decide

Um... This is sort of a really opinionated question - everyone is different. At the end of the day they're going to be in your car, you have to look at them every day. There's endless possibilities of colour combinations that'd look good. Any variant of black/red would keep it looking closer...
  14. truupR

Mugen replica side skirts FRP

I'd be interested xthumbup
  15. truupR

Mugen replica side skirts FRP

I think everyone would rather genuine. Sadly, genuine costs several times the price of replica. Everyone would have genuine if they had the money. Fortunately there's good replica parts for often less than a quarter of the price...
  16. truupR

20mm front and 25mm rear spacers?

Not sure about 25mm but I had 20mm spacers with OEM wheels and lowered on eibach springs. Never had any rubbing what-so-ever, so I'd imagine you'd have absolutely no trouble 20mm all around on stock springs. Can't comment on the 25mm though..
  17. truupR

Rusty arch

I'm about to book mine in again for the same problem.. Treated it in the past but it was clearly only a temporary fix. One year on and its back just as bad as before. I've asked for it to be stripped right back but you've got me worried now Kellsled :(
  18. truupR

Tdi north

I went up with a mate who had his car mapped at TDi some time ago. The bloke clearly knew what he was doing (I forget his name) and I know they've got a good reputation for the most part. What I would say though is the customer service was pretty poor. They seemed very uninterested in engaging...
  19. truupR

Dc sports 421

Just the inserts AFAIK
  20. truupR

The most NA power achievable?

Some interesting reads so far. Couldn't agree with you more Leo about boost being a much more financially sound option. The gains per £ are much much bigger, and it doesn't become a total pig to drive as a daily. I had to ask the question though because beyond the usual mods I mentioned in my...