Search results

1. M

225 tyres + spoon springs

depends on wheel size and offset if they rub or not..? though if its a dry weekend car i would use 215/45 R888.
  2. M

Boot locking + unlocking problems/where can I buy a boot locking actuator?

not much choice apart from honda if you want new
  3. M

17/18? Where from?

what size 18s are people using, been thinking about it myself recently
  4. M

DC5 Gruppe M fit on EP3R?

because they are different. im suprised you even had to ask about LHD ep3's, they also have the master cylinders and reservoirs that side
  5. M

Rear Brakes

but then assuming you have bigger front brakes as well that would return the balance to the front.. i can't really see it being noticeable to the average twice a year trackday person i do sincerely apologize for not having a VW but it is something i will be looking into..
  6. M

Rear Brakes

but would it really effect it that much if the oem caliper is used? probably not that much i would have thought.. i wasnt on about sticking some brembo 4 pots on the back, just stepping up the size of the disc.
  7. M

Rear Brakes

something wrong with trying to make it look better then?
  8. M

Rear Brakes

is there any bigger discs about for the rears? i know everyone is going to say the stock ones are more than capable and dont need uprating, but in my eyes they just look ridiculously small behind the wheels.... oh, i have oem discs and PMU pads
  9. M

Error code P0118

its not physically overheating?? is more likely to be the ECT sensor, or plug to it.. also check ground wire has open circuit or voltage short somewhere in the circuit.
  10. M

Joined the Dark Side Turbo 431Bhp!

seiously? lol.. how old are you? haha.. :xlol:
  11. M

One of the most expensive dc5 I've spotted

is a lot of money for a stock one, though im sure a lot of people spend much more on their cars.. intresting to see some of the big budget ones on here ... :xhappy:
  12. M

3" exhaust options...

solid fab on their fb page are 450 for EP3, so i cant see much difference for DC5, only difference is a slightly longer back box piece.
  13. M

3" exhaust options...

haha, totally agree, but it's impossible to describe what an exhaust is like, one persons awful will be someone else's not too bad, do what we all have to do, suck it and see..
  14. M

3" exhaust options...

shame you cant get to solid fab mate, top quality sfuff, i have one of their 3'' systems, about 3 years now and still looks great, they drone a bit compared to smaller diameter pipes, but its really not that bad, soon forget its there. i wouldnt hesitate to go there again or recommend anyone to...
  15. M

Knocking noise

roll centre adjusters are ball joints, just longer ones. they hold the hub to the lower arm, and can only go back in the same place, is just a simple tapered shaft goes into a tapered hole with a nut on the bottom to stop it coming apart.... you is worrying about nothing matey..
  16. M

Knocking noise

lol i would be very surprised if they check the geo, as has been said, it's only 2 ball joints need removing and they can only go back on in the same place.. i'm sure a few of the more 'anal' people on here would do it, but i certainly wouldn't bother, completely unnecessary imo
  17. M

What exhaust system to go for?

it hits occasionally, but then all systems will sometimes scrape if you're lowered
  18. M

What exhaust system to go for?

i have a solid fab 3'' great exhaust, is much deeper note than most of the exhausts avaliable, almost like a quiet scooby on idle, if that makes sense??, a nice tone and not too loud throughout the rev range..