Search results

1. L

Original DC5 Calibration/Map

The ECU is physically modified to allow a K100 or Kpro to fit. Once removed the car runs permanently in limp mode. Mudgey: have you tried scaling the TPS in the map you're using?
  2. L

Brake discs/pads

Pretty sure they have a "special orders team". I would try and contact them as every time I've ordered brake discs for a DC5 through their website, EP3 ones turn up which don't fit.
  3. L

Loose front end?

A stiffer front ARB may help if you wanted to stick with the Bilsteins? I've got the B16s and even on their stiffest setting you can see front does pitch and roll more than it would with cheaper coilovers with a higher front spring rate. Feels spot on from the drivers seat though and is...
  4. L

Brembo bleed screw covers

Hi all, Does anyone have a Honda part number for the genuine Brembo bleed screw covers please? Cheers
  5. L

B14

I don't think the main springs will be long enough to seat if you remove the helper.
  6. L

Final drive upgrade.

I have a 5.46 and echo this comment. I've felt the benefit of it on some circuits but found it a hindrance on others. In hindsight, I'd rather have done drop in cams, 3" exhaust, etc. I've unscientifically tested against a car with the same mods as mine and a standard final drive on the...
  7. L

Miller's Nano-Drive

I think the guy Chris refers to is called Simon. I've seen the info he posts and he really does know his stuff. One thing I've learned is to check what standards these fabled Millers type oils actually meet versus the more mainstream offerings from Shell, Castrol, Mobil etc. You'll often find...
  8. L

Any Common Coolant Leak Issues???

The plastic top or bottom of the radiator is likely to be cracked imo - mine went without warning and it seems to be a common thing. The rad is conveniently hidden by the front bumper so I'd get that off for a look.
  9. L

Clutch

I know many people (myself included) who have the Exedy branded OEM replacement clutch fitted with absolutely no problems at all. Mine has been in about 3 years now I think.
  10. L

5.84 Final Drive Review

As above, the M factory final drives are semi-helical so you do get a slight whine from them, more so with the 5.84 apparently but the noise from my 5.46 is barely noticeable. Interesting topic this and I'll throw in my 2p in case it is useful to anyone considering a different final drive. :)...
  11. L

Exhaust

I believe Adam's was a 5zigen fireball rather than the pro racer which seems to be causing issues. Mine came imported with a fireball and I've had no issues whatsoever.
  12. L

Gearbox still crunching even after synchros replaced?

Agree with the above. This is more likely to sort your issue than a K Tuned shifter.
  13. L

Bilstiens B14

Two standard M12 washers per rear shock worked perfectly on my B16s.
  14. L

Bilstein B16

I switched to B16s from a set of Taiwan's finest coilovers and they are massive improvement in my eyes. For me, I've found 7 works best on the road. On a track day I use 2 but I imagine most will set them fully hard.
  15. L

Odometer readings - Miles/KM

JM Imports left the original KM reading on mine then fitted the MPH converter after its first MOT. It's easy enough to work out as obviously the odo reading on the first MOT cert is all KM and the remainder miles. I was told they do this with all of the cars they bring over and I know others do...
  16. L

Massive Gearbox Oil leak - Box cracked? [Big Pics]

Looks like a driveshaft seal to me.
  17. L

High pitched noise coming from the intake manifold area

Air leak from the inlet mani to the head perhaps? That can sometimes result in a high pitched squealing/ whistling.
  18. L

Another drop in cam thread

Does that include bigger injectors or are they not required for the TDI cams?
  19. L

Another drop in cam thread

I am considering this for next year. The research I've done so far seems to suggest most, if not all K20 "drop in cams" are no different to the OEM Honda ones on the low cam lobe. The differences are on the high cam lobe, so expect all the gains to be mid range/ top end. The Drag Cartel DICs...
  20. L

Oulton Park Max Speed

A mate still has the speed limiter on his and I don't think he had any issues at Oulton.