Search results

1. RobS

forward motion squeak/Chirp

For a while now my car has made a strange noise. It sometimes happens when I go over bumps, but not very often. It happens usually when I am changing gear and the car loads back up, it can happen if im driving slowly and mash the accelerator. Basically it seems to be when the car gets lateral...
  2. RobS

9J rims on springs?

Evening, been looking at a lot of wheel options tonight, and now have it in my head that If I want RPF1s they have to be 9J's. I know I need 8mm spacers and longer hub bolts for caliper clearance on the front, and my rear arches are already rolled, but will this work with only lowering...
  3. RobS

Admiral

Got my renewal through from Sky, £725 this year, compared to last years £750. Tried Greenlight, best they could do was £679, just tried admiral online and... £405.98 or £42.10 monthly! im shocked lol, definitely a DC5 as it states dc5 in the car section. I will be amazed if Sky get...
  4. RobS

Starting tyre temps

Hey all, got my firsttrack day at Croft on Monday 6th - what would people recommend for starting tyre pressures? I won't have the facility to change them I don't think during the day so need something safe first and foremost. Cheers, Rob
  5. RobS

Rear seat latch snapped

Hey guys had the need to lower my rear seats to get my bike in the car, and noticed it's come from Japan with a snapped rear seat latch. Any ideas how I can get the seat down without it? How to replace it? I'm stuck with 1 half my seats up at the moment!
  6. RobS

Anyone got a car on its way onboard the Hoegh Osaka?

If so, good luck :( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-30671548 Hope everything's okay inside but I suspect it won't be :(
  7. RobS

Wind/Road noise

Evening, I have a problem with my drivers door/window. It feels like the door is not shut, cars go past and its as if I have the window down slightly (but it doesn't appear to be). Above 60mph their is a whistling wind noise which is very irritating. I am going to take the door seals off and...
  8. RobS

Fuel Sender

Does anyone know if the DC5 Fuel Sender is different from an EP3 one? They look pretty much the same from what I can see, and it would be a lot easier to get an affordable fuel sender from an ep3 being broken than a dc5. Cheers, Rob
  9. RobS

When does your empty light come on?

My needle is between the last 2 black pips, when does the light usually come on guys? Cheers
  10. RobS

Interior light not working

Morning all. I collected my dc5 2 days ago and have so far been really enjoying it. However I have 1 annoying issue, the interior dome light does not work. I opened it up yesterday to find no bulb so bought a 269 festoon from halfords to test it and it still does not work. Checked fuse...
  11. RobS

Private Reg Plate

hey, my Teg is currently in the middle of the China Sea, but once it arrives I will be wanting to get a private plate for it, as I do not think a Y/51 plate does it justice, and will make it look older than it seems if you know what I mean. Now, I have been looking at options, and my initials...
  12. RobS

New owner needs his car

morning all, not got my new DC5 yet sadly, its sat in Japan waiting for a boat, looks to be getting onboard in approx a weeks time, then the long long journey (for the boat and me on marinetraffic.com). Once it arrives at JM-Imports in Newcastle it will be their another 2 weeks so were looking...
  13. RobS

First quote

Afternoon, I am thinking of buying a teg and wanted to see how bad the insurance would be for myself before pulling the trigger. Im 34, but only past my test in 2010 at age of 30. Been a named driver on my wife's policy till last year when we bought a 2nd car and I got the policy to start...