Search results

1. Spoon_Sports_Europe

1st track day

Danny has been running DIXCEL RA pads with DIXCEL FP rotors. He just went to the Spoon Monoblock from the 282mm Twinblock on the car as the calieprs were getting a bit tired.
  2. Spoon_Sports_Europe

disc brakes life with ferodo ds2500

DIXCEL don't slot all the way to minimum thickness. Too much disc material would have to be removed being detrimental to the resistance to heat and waprage. DS 2500 are very aggressive hence all the brake dust. Try DIXCEL ES, better performance and less dust...
  3. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Is this a spoon strut brace?

Spoon brace :) rear is discontinued now.
  4. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Final drive upgrade.

I think the 5.1 is a great addition to any dc5. If your not hitting the track then the 5.1 would be my preference as the 5.3 might be a little short for everyday driving. We have graphs under the products on the website...
  5. Spoon_Sports_Europe

New OEM damper recommendations? Is EP3 fitment suitable

Drop me a message if you want new. Have two sets (both sold) coming in from Japan this week :-)
  6. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Steering wheel boss adapter

We carry the Spoon boss in stock for MOMO fitment wheels - https://www.uk.spoonsports.eu/spoon-products/honda-integra-dc5/78512-ap1-000.html
  7. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Track day / Fast road brake set up

DIXCEL Z type pads for Street / Track. Low noise, dust and great performance. Disc wise the DIXCEL offer a wide range. Take a look at the website and let me know if you have any questions...
  8. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Suspension thoughts UK roads

We sell lots of Spoon Springs for the OEM dampers. https://www.uk.spoonsports.eu/catalogsearch/result/?q=51400-dc5
  9. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Removing Strut with Poly Bushed Wishbone

I have seen it a fair few times where the bush's are wider than the sleeves, as you tighten them up the sleeve pinches between the mounts and the bush gets crushed in the process. This means neither the bush or the sleeve can rotate freely causing a spring loading on the suspension arm.
  10. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Removing Strut with Poly Bushed Wishbone

Sounds like the sleeve in the poly bush is pinched! Common issue and one reason why I hate them.
  11. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Burn Motorsport delivery issues

Hi Kenz, Sorry you felt the need to post publicly. You order was refunded earlier today by Dan as its not something I do myself.. and not as a reaction to this thread. We have had great troubles with the shipments from Japan since Golden Week causing our shipment to be split up and half of...
  12. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Rear Toe Control Bushes

What numbers are you after ?
  13. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Springs or coilovers

After having a few DC5's I would stick with OEM suspension with springs unless spending a lot of money or being track focusses. Most recently I bought a DC5 with D2 coil overs on it, not matter of fettling and adjustment would make the car ride and handle comfortably. Eventually replace with OEM...
  14. Spoon_Sports_Europe

New timing chain kit for 2004 dc5 integra

https://www.burnmotorsport.com/products-309/honda/integra-dc5-453/product-manufacturer/honda/product-type/powerunit.html All listed there and in stock :) PM me for a little discount code Regards, Anthony
  15. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Brake disc options

DIXCEL PD rotors are a great alternative to OEM. If you are looking for an upgrade then you could go to the DIXCEL High Carbon Heat Treated rotors. Either are available with slots - Slots add about 20% more braking performance but will increase pad wear by 30% on the road and 50% on the track...
  16. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Spoon sports side mirror glass done properly DIY

Awesome job. I have always done this the same way myself. :) In stock here if anyone is wondering. - https://www.uk.spoonsports.eu/spoon-products/honda-integra-dc5/76203-dc5-020.html
  17. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Recommended B Pipes

The Spoon B-pipe is a direct replacement for the OEM. Comes with all new bolts etc. https://www.burnmotorsport.com/products-309/honda/integra-dc5-453/product-type/exhaust.html In stock
  18. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Spoon springs uneven and clunking.

Hello. Sorry to hear you might be having issues. Neither of these have come to our attention before. We have only ever had excellent reports for customers with the Springs installed. As mentioned by other members I think it is worth making sure that they have been installed correctly or the...
  19. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Novice track day

Llandow is more technical than it looks. Hooking up a very quick lap is actually harder than places like Combe. There is a cafe for food, pretty basic but food non the less. It's cracking fun and John gives a good briefing. I would take some oil and a basic tool set. Like a halfords jobber...
  20. Spoon_Sports_Europe

Novice track day

You can kill a new set of tyres by going too long and hard with incorrect pressures. Especially when brand new as the more tread on the tyre the more movement in the rubber and the more heat that will be generated. If you are in to track days a very worth while investment is a decent pressure...