Search results

1. cmhshek

MFactory helical LSD?

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone has replaced the oem LSD? Box is coming off soon and I'm debating whether this would be worth while. Thing is I don't want a plated diff, but then heard other helical diffs aren't much of an upgrade. Stevie at Grinspeed says the M Factory is 25% tighter or...
  2. cmhshek

Bilstein B4 dampers

Hi guys, Been looking into OEM replacement dampers rather than coilovers. Just wondering if anyone has fitted the B4's? Is it the same story, EP3 track rod ends and washers? Thanks, Chris
  3. cmhshek

Issue when pulling away in 1st gear (video attached)

Hi guys, So I recently had new clutch, flywheel, final drive and longer 6th fitted. After going easy for a week or so, I noticed that there was a stall around 4k revs when pulling away in 1st. It's as if there's a delay and then suddenly the powers available. Video...
  4. cmhshek

Thoughts on long 6th gear with 5.3 FD?

Hi guys, Just looking for some reviews of this set up. I've got the spoon 5.3 FD waiting to go in, just not 100% sure about the longer 6th. I've read it goes well with it, but I kind of like how it shifts through the revs and I can easily overtake in 6th at the moment. Would the 5.3 and...
  5. cmhshek

Thoughts on RPC lightweight flywheel?

Hi guys, Just wondering what are people's thoughts on this flywheel, those who have fitted one? Time for a new clutch so tempted to go for one of these at the same time. Does it make it difficult to drive in traffic? Pulling away? Would prefer to stick with the OEM if so. Thanks, Chris
  6. cmhshek

Pics of your different front ARB's please

Hi guys, Just wondering if folk could share some pics of their different ARB's other than the standard one. Reason I'm asking is because my DC sports manifold keeps hitting off the standard ARB. I've read that some have had the same problem, whereas others seems to be fine with the DC? But...
  7. cmhshek

Problems with DC sports manifold and ARB anyone?

Hi guys, I've just come back from Grinspeed where Stevie had a look at this knocking noise I've been having when I pull off. He seems certain that it's the manifold hitting off the ARB after looking underneath. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with the DC? He did point...
  8. cmhshek

Help please - air assist valve

Need some help guys. Was taking off my front bumper today and noticed this: Is it ok to drive like this? And do I have to buy an entire valve, or is it possible to get the plastic piece on its own? Thanks, Chris
  9. cmhshek

OEM backbox restrictive?

So I'm thinking of replacing the Spoon N1 backbox with OEM but keeping the Spoon b pipe. The tegs been mapped with Gruppe M, RBC, DC Sports manifold and Spoon catback already so I'm worried this will lose a few ponies. Especially after coming across this thread on the TRO forum...
  10. cmhshek

Very impressed with Greenlight :)

I'm 25 with 6 years NCB living in the North East. I was a bit apprehensive at first due to having 3 points and the list of mods, but I was pleasantly surprised with all my quotes. Mods are: Gruppe M, RBC inlet, DC Sports manifold, Spoon catback and K100 remap. Greenlight - £700 Brentacre...
  11. cmhshek

Anyone from the North East? :)

Hello all! I don't have a dc5 yet but thought I'd introduce myself anyway. I'm currently driving a Corolla T Sport, but if all goes to plan I'm hoping to place an order with JM Imports very soon. I was just wondering if there are any members from the North East area? Kinda hoping someone could...