Search results

1. nails

Which exhaust setup

I have had 3 Skunk2 exhausts on 3 different Honda's, and never had a problem. On top of that, they sound amazing. I can't speak for their other products as I have not had them.
  2. nails

Exhaust advice

This or a Skunk2 just to annoy Carl :xgrin:
  3. nails

Exhaust advice

I don't think he is planning on taking this car on track, it sounds like it is his daily car and he just wants it to sound better........correct me if I am wrong Cobblepop
  4. nails

Which exhaust setup

As you both say, it is personal taste, when it is on it's own and not mated to a manifold/decat etc. I don't think it sounds great, but that is just my opinion. I can't comment on what it sounds like in vtec with those mods you have Carl, but if it is passing track noise levels then it would...
  5. nails

Exhaust advice

I wouldn't worry too much about the diameter, you are not going to see much in the way of gains regardless, so get the one that sounds the best. I would look at Spoon or Skunk2 if it were me, will the Spoon backbox fit the Type S? I am not sure.......
  6. nails

Which exhaust setup

Hey Carl, while your exhaust is obviously great for your needs, and admittedly makes good power, I wouldn't want to mislead people into just getting it as the go to exhaust because everyone has different taste. I personally find that it is far too quiet for me, I have heard them in person and...
  7. nails

DC5 Handling on Eibach Pro with frsu

Best time to get hold of Tom at TGM is about 8:30am, he is usually sat in the office around then. They really know their stuff when it comes to these cars.
  8. nails

Considering a DC5... but it's Type S!

Looking at the advert it does actually look a good deal. I would still go EP3 for £4k though if you want something newer and to use daily. To each their own though. There are loads of room in the Civics if that is a concern.
  9. nails

Another great vtec motor xthumbsup
  10. nails

There are some good ones still out there, but yes, you will need to check for rust on any old Honda, I have seen quite a few DC5's rusting now, and in fact, some are now going rusty in Japan :xaiweb6: I keep an eye on the auction sites in Japan and there are now many examples of ones coming...
  11. nails

If your budget is about £4k I would either go for an EP3 Civic Type R or you could pick up an Accord Type R or Honda Prelude. There are cheaper ways into vtec than a DC5, but the DC5 Type-R holds a premium for a reason...
  12. nails

She’s in the uk!!

Haha sounds like I would have no way of telling whose car his whose. I suspect there will be several DC5's there in various states of prep. I will take some pics while I am there though :-) I can't do this whole buying blind thing, I have to see a car in the flesh to commit to it, so I am...
  13. nails

She’s in the uk!!

I'm going down there tomorrow so I might see it :-)
  14. nails

Brands Hatch 10/07/2018 Incar footage

I'll whatsapp you later
  15. nails

Brands Hatch 10/07/2018 Incar footage

Sorry to de-rail the thread a bit, but as Skylines have been mentioned, does anyone know anything about the R33 GTS 25T. The one with 250bhp as standard (although I doubt there are any standard ones around haha). They seem to be in a similar price bracket to a DC5.
  16. nails

Anyone know this car?

Yeah I will :xhappy: I also have Torque GT looking for me but if anything really good comes up privately before they find me one I will take a look
  17. nails

Anyone know this car?

I went to see it on Sunday. It is not immaculate or mint by any means. It is also not that bad, but it's not for me so I walked away. Nothing major but off the top of my head: passenger side rear quarter has seen paint and it's quite obvious, drivers seat has a large black mark on it...
  18. nails

Anyone know this car?

I am looking to get back into the dc5 fold, does anyone know this car? https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/integra/honda-integra-dc5-championship-white-c-pack-mint-condition/8786551
  19. nails

The DC5 - a dry weather car only?

Yeah I tried to run mine as a daily but couldn't in the end for various reasons so had to sell it, if I am in a position to have one as just a weekend car one day, I will get another, such great cars. I never really enjoyed driving it in the rain, but as Jimmer said, I drove mine very...
  20. nails

Buckled Alloy

The words were of the guy that did mine was "you will never get them 100% perfect but I can usually get them to within 1 or 2mm" which indicates to me 7.5mm is quite a lot so you would probably feel it when on the car.