Search results

1. dc5ian

so toying with the idea of selling up 500bhp k24 dc5.

so after 5 years of owning the atom, ive now just put that up for sale. im also contemplating selling my dc5. next on the list would be out of the following 3 cars lotus 340r , lotus exige v6 or a r35 gtr. anyone on here driven the v6 lotus exige? also what do boosted tegs go for? here is...
  2. dc5ian

finding the - terminal of the ignition coil

installing a racetronic shift light and i need to find the (-) negative terminal of the ignition coil. tried a search but dont think its up and running. any help would be much appreciated.
  3. dc5ian

anyone used this shift light

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-Sequential-Ge ... 4aa86e2c02 done a search on here and most people are runing the DRE shift light, is it worth paying the extra £50 for or will this one on ebay be ok? im not after anything big or bulky that looks untidy. cheers guys
  4. dc5ian

P G's discs f4 pads - 5.1 final drive

just thought id post up my thoughts on these 2 mods which i have just had done.. first the 5.1 final drive. well worth the money - especially if you tend to do track days, it pulls/revs alot quicker in 2nd and 3rd gears especially out of the corners. i would only do this mod if you do track...
  5. dc5ian

car impounded - could only happen to me...

driving home tonight on the a3, about 12.. and look in the mirrorand what i see.. blue flashing lights, unmarked police car... i pull over, police officer asks me to step out the car, and asks "why do you think i have been stoped?" i replied prob cos of that loud exhaurst, which is what...
  6. dc5ian

what are the 2 black things on the bumper called

i have seemed to have lost the 2 black vents/grills that are on each side of the front bumper, what are they called and any idea where i could get hold of them?
  7. dc5ian

a plan for me - 3 years running

age 26 no claims - 5 years no convictions parked on drive (wandsworth sw london) break down cover including home start. 6k miles a year including all over europe. £670 no other insurance company got nowhere near it
  8. dc5ian

225 50 r15 - what would these be like on track

have sum 15inch wheels that fit over the brembo's, and my mate has 2 a048 225 50 15... what will these be like on track
  9. dc5ian

eq9/dc2 wheels

a guy is selling some 15inch eq9/dc2 wheels .. i want the tyres off them.. my question is.. will the wheels only fit eq9/dc2..? and how much roughy will they be worth to sell on (roughly) if there in ok condition..
  10. dc5ian

camskill - do they return emails

been on there site, and they dont have prices up on a certain type of tyre i would like to buy - ie toyo r888, they say email to confirm price... well ive sent 3 emails over the past 3 weeks and i havent had a single reply...
  11. dc5ian

j's racing 70 rr on start-up

put the 70 rr on this morning, as im doing a rolling road day next weekend and my car was maped to it. i had a kakimoto n1 on there befor, and you forget how loud the 70 rr is until its on. i took it off in the first place as i was sick a tired of getting pulled by the old bill...
  12. dc5ian

30 months of ownership and 8k spent

just worked it all out,, scary when you come to think of the cost of modifing cars.. here's the list, there are other things i have bought for her, but have been sold on so not listed. paul g's (ap racing) discs and pads mintex f4 pads rear pads front and rear goodridge brake hoses...
  13. dc5ian

are these wheels/ tyers ok (track)

im after some 15 inch wheels for track use.. wondering would these fit over my discs (paul g's) and calipers? they are : TEAM DYNAMICS WHEELS Pro Race 1 15x7 e45 4x114pcd http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-x-15-Honda-Acco ... 5ad792932a will be wacking on a set r888- of 205 50 15 thanks
  14. dc5ian

engine light/ cant egt into 5th gear

right, had this prob once befor.. the engine mangament light is on, the speedo dont work, and it wont go into 5th gear! any ideas whats causing this? it all goes back to normal after restarting the car..
  15. dc5ian

problem starting car

right i hadnt sartarted my car for 2 weeks, but took it out tonight.. started fine, drove around 30 miles to pick the significant other up.. i left the car lights on for 5 mins while i went into her flat to get her, and when i came back to start it up it wouldnt..it was like the bat was dead, i...
  16. dc5ian

hand brake light cums up under heavy breaking

i have up rated discs and pads on front, braided hoses all round and motul rbf (i think) brake fluid.. any ideas why this happens?
  17. dc5ian

baffled sumps - advice please

thinking about doing a few more track days so looking into a baffeld sump, would u recomend buying a a baffeld sump complete - ie like the spoon one or are the kits that baffle the oem sum just as good? ie like this one - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Sump-Baffle ... 3ca6491395 thanks
  18. dc5ian

advice on gearbox/engine sump plugs

i bought a magnectic spoon engine and gearbox plug set.. question is which one goes where.. they are both the same size only difference is one of them has a longer magnet - i am persuming this is the one for the gearbox. and plus do they really work?
  19. dc5ian

help with a claim

as some ppl know, a dc2 was stolen in enfield recently, this was danielles car if anyone knows her. the police have already closed the case, which is undertsandable as they dont have any evidence and are most likely not to get any more. the insurance company have asked for alot of documentaion...
  20. dc5ian

what double din head unit

im after a double din headunit, with sat nav and i pod compatability, but i dont have a clue really about car audio.. i picked out this one http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/pioneer- ... -3365.html is it any good.. any suggestions would be a great help.. thanks guys