Battlefield 4 -Official Thread-

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
alright lads, anyone got this on order?

I have it for the PC coming from Amazon on friday (hopefully) Unfortunately i won't really get to play this for a few weeks due to working in London and a few other things.

Looks great though!

DC5RS

DC5
Of course i pre-ordered it :D i also bought a new gfx and a monitor for it.. damn battlefield costs me over 300pounds every time its released. what's your origin name? shall we share our origin names so we can play sometimes

I play only on PC as well

Benneh

Advanced Member
Bought it from the Mexican Origin store via proxy for about £24 pound last night, got to ~67% preload downloaded last night! Over 24GB!

DC5RS

DC5
Benneh said:
Bought it from the Mexican Origin store via proxy for about £24 pound last night, got to ~67% preload downloaded last night! Over 24GB!
:O didnt know origin has different prices :( damn i payed 35pounds for the limited edition, but hard copy

Benneh

Advanced Member
Yeah they have different prices for different locations around the world. Was something like $499MEX which is about £24! That was just the standard version though, can't be bothered with premium and whatever other gubbins they try to flog for silly money! Took an age to actually buy it though, tbe proxy I was using must have been dial-up speeds I swear!

DC5RS

DC5
Benneh said:
Yeah they have different prices for different locations around the world. Was something like $499MEX which is about £24! That was just the standard version though, can't be bothered with premium and whatever other gubbins they try to flog for silly money! Took an age to actually buy it though, tbe proxy I was using must have been dial-up speeds I swear!
if changed the dns and the "mexican" guy has 1mb connect then imagine the latency+speed=Dial up wanna be :D

Coldfuse

I ended up buying a copy from Amazon as i still had a gift voucher, ended up being £22 :)

I'm still properly annoyed at the timing of everything and how i will not be able to play it for a few weekends :( If i have it on friday i might play my way through the single player, if it does not take too long to install.

DC5RS

DC5
Origin id: Suprarzx

don't ask why this origin name i liked supras a lot when i started gaming at 13 :D

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Here's another waiting for Friday. Will play it on PC. Got two GTX 460s in SLI, overclocked at present. May treat meself to a bigger card to get the best out of it.

Regards.

BenSayers

Advanced Member
The proxy thingy wasn't working for me so ended up rage quiting and just getting it via simplycdkeys. Looking forward to it. Had it on pre order for the xbox one but I'm going to be cancelling that now. I've only just started playing the 3rd on the Pc and it's like a different game compared to the 360

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DC5RS

DC5
Granty1056 said:
Hi all.

Here's another waiting for Friday. Will play it on PC. Got two GTX 460s in SLI, overclocked at present. May treat meself to a bigger card to get the best out of it.

Regards.
amd r9 290x here we come? :)

Dan34

Advanced Member
Hmmmmm really tempted by this now, think my rig will struggle but oh well!

Dan34

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
Whats your set up?
It's pretty dated now as I havn't used it properly in a lonnng time lol, from memory its:

AMD Phenom X4 965 BE
8GB Corsair RAM
1GB GTX460
Sandisk SSD

DC5RS

DC5
Dan34 said:
It's pretty dated now as I havn't used it properly in a lonnng time lol, from memory its:

AMD Phenom X4 965 BE
8GB Corsair RAM
1GB GTX460
Sandisk SSD
Got the same setup except the gfx which is a 6970, so buy a decent gfx and you are set :)

A gtx 760 or gtx 770 will give you plenty of future proof
Or go AMD side with a R8 280x or 7950 on the budget

It all depends which resolution you playing at.

Coldfuse

I have a 1st Gen i7 and an AMD 5870 in mine so i should be ok for the time being, was considering just a graphics card update. But recently funds have been put on other things elsewhere.

Mine seemed to play the Beta pretty well :)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I'll get this when I buy the ps4. Agreed PC experience is far better, just can't afford outlay to build a decent machine

Coldfuse

coyote_dc5 said:
I'll get this when I buy the ps4. Agreed PC experience is far better, just can't afford outlay to build a decent machine
Fair enough, it would pay for itself in the long run as it doesn't just have to be used for games ;)

I love my PC, i don't think i would be without it. I have a hardware cycle, where i keep most of my components the same and just upgrade the important bits every few years. Graphics card CPU and ram mostly.