Battlefield 4 -Official Thread-

DC5RS

DC5
Got my hard copy, played the game for 1 hour!!! AMAZING!! love the multiplayer already.

but my 5870 on low seem to struggle at 720p resolution

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
DC5RS said:
Got my hard copy, played the game for 1 hour!!! AMAZING!! love the multiplayer already.

but my 5870 on low seem to struggle at 720p resolution
Really? i have the same card and i was playing fine at 1080p on the beta, are the graphics massively different?

DC5RS

DC5
The beta didnt have such big maps as the retail version thats why on the beta I was playing fine as well, but it was a small map with no extra huge details

Coldfuse

DC5RS said:
The beta didnt have such big maps as the retail version thats why on the beta I was playing fine as well, but it was a small map with no extra huge details
Ah balls if this is true.... will have to invest sooner than i thought!

DC5RS

DC5
Coldfuse said:
Ah balls if this is true.... will have to invest sooner than i thought!
I have a spare 6970 for BF4 :D might need to use that i think.

sent you a friend request on origin

Coldfuse

DC5RS said:
I have a spare 6970 for BF4 :D might need to use that i think.

sent you a friend request on origin
You have a spare better card and you are not using it?! madness :xaiweb3:

DC5RS

DC5
Coldfuse said:
You have a spare better card and you are not using it?! madness :xaiweb3:
Less power consumption, i have different cards for different situations, want to study?GT210 | want to play fifa this week? GTX260core216 ed | want to play more demanding games? 5870 | does the 5870 struggle? go 6970 ^^

Coldfuse

DC5RS said:
Less power consumption, i have different cards for different situations, want to study?GT210 | want to play fifa this week? GTX260core216 ed | want to play more demanding games? 5870 | does the 5870 struggle? go 6970 ^^
Wait so you change cards alot?

I would just use the top item, the difference between the consumption's must be minuscule.

DC5RS

DC5
Yeah change them quite often depending on the use, more powerful card = more power consumption, more heat and more noise.

not minuscule, i can go from 150watts of usage to 120-130 with a less powerful card on idle.

It's my job so I dont mind changing hardware ^^

Plus i like to finding ways to reduce power consumption in the whole house.

Coldfuse

DC5RS said:
Yeah change them quite often depending on the use, more powerful card = more power consumption, more heat and more noise.

not minuscule, i can go from 150watts of usage to 120-130 with a less powerful card on idle.

It's my job so I dont mind changing hardware ^^

Plus i like to finding ways to reduce power consumption in the whole house.
Fair enough, yeah i also work in IT so i regularly change components in and out of machines. But thats one job i wouldn't bother doing alot unless there is a real benefit. In this case there is not much power benefit to change cards all the time. plus i can't imagine that its good for the card to be handled that much.

Also my PC at home is a big beast so changing the components in and out alot would be quite a workout :p

DC5RS

DC5
I can undertand the situation :) I am an IT too. Well the game have lots of bugs and randomly freezes. I hope they get it fixed soon and the amd drivers will have better performance. I am now on 13.11 beta 8 seems to have a slight performance boost.

Benneh

Advanced Member
I updated to 13.11b8 last night too and noticed an improvement straight away. Multiplayer was good fun last night, bit buggy in places and will take some getting used to again!

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi and WOW.

Ive never had any problems with the BF series of games. This one is no exception. Its an absolute hoot.

Back to some kick ass.

Regards.

DC5RS

DC5
Granty1056 said:
Hi and WOW.

Ive never had any problems with the BF series of games. This one is no exception. Its an absolute hoot.

Back to some kick ass.

Regards.
I am having fun as well :D

Coldfuse

I am not having fun yet :( apparently my copy of the game did not arrive in the post today.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi Cold Fuse.

Get the lead out soldier, this wars gonna be over soon. All them tango's are gonna be down down down. Dratt that GPO. LOL.

Sorry I'm as high as a kite on BF4.

Regards.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Any DC5ers having trouble running BF4. There seems to be some horror stories out there. Driver conflicts etc. To date I've had no problems. The graphics are brill when you consider I'm only running two GTX 460s
in SLI.

To anyone having trouble, once your glitch's are sorted you will see the benefit of this great game.

Regards.

Coldfuse

Granty1056 said:
Hi Cold Fuse.

Get the lead out soldier, this wars gonna be over soon. All them tango's are gonna be down down down. Dratt that GPO. LOL.

Sorry I'm as high as a kite on BF4.

Regards.
My game arrived in the post today.... Ten minutes after i'd left to goto Glasgow to see Ed Byrne in standup..... Gaaaaah!

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
I haven`t played decent games on my PC for a few years now so my system is probaly out of date..
CPU AMD phenom II x2 550
8gb of ram
an old nvidia geforce GT 240
Crucial 250gb ssd
what upgrades would i need to play modern games such as Battlefield 4 and the latest COD?An idea of prices for things would be a help if poss,thanks David