Battlefield 4 -Official Thread-

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Granty1056 said:
Sorry about that old chap. I put it in the wrong section. It's in General. Must be an age thing.

I recently went from Win 7 32bit to 64bit using the install disc. It went well with no probs.

Regards.
Just a quickie Granty...would it be better if I bought a second SSD and used it for gaming?Thanks,David

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
dc5-2ltr said:
Just a quickie Granty...would it be better if I bought a second SSD and used it for gaming?Thanks,David
Depends on your budget and how big your first one is? I personally have a primary SSD and then 8TB of storage on standard discs behind that. Usually have the few games i play stored on the SSD and the ones i don't sit lanquishing on the backend storage.

My primary SSD is 250GB so its plenty enough for a few games.

Benneh

Advanced Member
Have to say last night was the first without a server going down for me, hope that keeps on going!

I do have an issue with sound ingame though - not the bug of sound cutting out when certain weapons are fired; I literally have no sound. Keep having to fiddle with the config file for it to work each time!

Coldfuse

Benneh said:
Have to say last night was the first without a server going down for me, hope that keeps on going!

I do have an issue with sound ingame though - not the bug of sound cutting out when certain weapons are fired; I literally have no sound. Keep having to fiddle with the config file for it to work each time!
I experienced the sound cutting out when i was playing the single player on sunday night. So its game wide not just multiplayer wide :(

Theres always teething issues with these games when they come out though isn't there. Battlefield 3 was in a similar situation.

Coldfuse

DC5RS said:
Cyprus :)

Did not have any crashes since yesterday. Hope it goes well this time
I think i accepted your Friend request on sunday when i finally managed to get onto the game.

Do you have access to team speak?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Coldfuse said:
Depends on your budget and how big your first one is? I personally have a primary SSD and then 8TB of storage on standard discs behind that. Usually have the few games i play stored on the SSD and the ones i don't sit lanquishing on the backend storage.

My primary SSD is 250GB so its plenty enough for a few games.
Yes my primary is an SSD 250 gb too and is only about 40% full at the moment,then I have a WD 750gb for pics and music files etc and a 1tb external backup drive

Coldfuse

dc5-2ltr said:
Yes my primary is a 250 gb too and is only about 40% full at the moment,then I have a WD 750gb for pics and music files etc and a 1tb external backup drive
I usually either delete what i'm not using anymore (with the idea that i either have the DVD/CD of it or its available as a download) or i shift it onto my storage at the back end.

It can be a bit of a pain keeping up with 8TB of storage, but it is infinately useful, I have my whole steam library back there in some form or another which is around 800GB around 90 games or so.

I find that my 250GB is more than enough to store what i need at this moment in time. I've actually just removed my copy of Battlefield 3 so that i can use Battlefield 4. And i have a few other games installed on the primary drive that i use from time to time.

DC5RS

DC5
Coldfuse said:
I think i accepted your Friend request on sunday when i finally managed to get onto the game.

Do you have access to team speak?
I am always in a teamspeak channel :D will text you when i see you online

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Any of you having more problems than before since the 1gb patch?

Before the patch I had the odd disconnect issue everyone was having and maybe a random boot to desktop but nothing actually that bad. Since the patch the game properly locks up to the point I have to kill it in the task manager and then when I try to reconnect keep getting told it's still active so having to reboot. It doesn't show in the graphical task manager but still appears via cmd prompt. Anyone else been having these issues since the patch? or know how to work around it?

Coldfuse

You tried to repair your install of BF4? i have had less issues actually. It seems to have been a worthwhile patch.

Are you running at higher settings than your computer can handle? i found that my computer preferred if i turned a few settings down. Since then its seems to be alot more stable.

BenSayers

Advanced Member
I've just left everything on what the game auto part picked which was high all the way down. Will try the repair trick and see what happens but I had about 15 hours at least prior to the patch with no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Coldfuse

BenSayers said:
I've just left everything on what the game auto part picked which was high all the way down. Will try the repair trick and see what happens but I had about 15 hours at least prior to the patch with no issues.

After i patched i could not connect to servers and i thought that i'd try repairing and it seemed to start working. Not sure if it was related though. Give it a try.

BenSayers

Advanced Member
After i patched i could not connect to servers and i thought that i'd try repairing and it seemed to start working. Not sure if it was related though. Give it a try.

Since the repair its only locked up once which is good, had a few back to desktops but don't mind them as it doesn't mean a full system reboot. Commander mode sucks as your score ties in to if the teams are fair and your people half decent!

Coldfuse

BenSayers said:
Since the repair its only locked up once which is good, had a few back to desktops but don't mind them as it doesn't mean a full system reboot. Commander mode sucks as your score ties in to if the teams are fair and your people half decent!

Good! a Repair is always a good answer, especially at this buggy early stage.

DC5RS

DC5
Had few games with coldfuse yesterday really enjoyed conquest maps, very randomly the game crashes now. Hopefully they will get the game in a working state soon.