Best performance track legal exhaust

BigCarlo

What is the best exhaust for performance thats track legal ? My 5Zeigen at the moment is brilliant performance wise but at 104 decibels at 4k its not exactly track legal

Are the best ones the the jap makes or is the uk made 3 inch cat backs the better option.

I do like the look of the jap ones but the jasma thing screams to me super quiet and restrictive because of the very limited noise level

Mebz

Advanced Member
Slightly biased view as I've just ordered one, but the 3inch solid fabrication's exhaust isn't a bad shout.

Threads on here show it makes power and has been tested at 92db.

Ricky11

I have a Spoon n1 and b pipe and it just passes static limit only with me cheating and not holding the revs they ask for, although when moving its not that loud so don't have a problem once on circuit. I run the noise test with the exhaust bung in now so it passes without any issues.

p1tse

Advanced Member
For power on n/a solid fab if looking for top end power, but I‘m not a fan of custom to be honest and prefer off the shelf quality. Mugen is great for finish.

BigCarlo

Sound. What about tdi north 3 inch system as well are they any good or solid fab all the way?

Midnight

Advanced Member
One thing I will say, the SF 3" is MUCH louder than a jasma certified exhaust. Also drones a fair amount.

It will pass most track limits but more stricter tracks may have a closer looks / black flag. Especially with Tegiwa/GruppeM intake etc.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Fujitsubo RM01A?

Light, good quality, lowish DB levels and makes reasonable power....

carl hammond

Advanced Member
If my DC Sport system ever has any issues or I can free up more money to just change for the sake of it I will look to replace mine with the RM01A as it's a lovely system and mates to my manifold and d.pipe perfectly, I too prefer known off the shelf highend brands over custom.

p1tse

Advanced Member
3” will mostly eek out the most power, but will be custom or non jasma

I‘ve had a Fuji rmo1a and Mugen twinloop; and personal preference is I prefer the twinloop

SamDC5

Advanced Member
+1 for RM-01A Fujitsubo are one of the top exhaust tuners. They're light systems and fit perfectly. Probably the best thing I've bought for my DC5 so far.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Midnight

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
+1 for RM-01A Fujitsubo are one of the top exhaust tuners. They're light systems and fit perfectly. Probably the best thing I've bought for my DC5 so far.

Wouldn't particularly say the RM-01A or D.C is a light system. Although not as heavy as a custom 3" for sure.

Was surprised how light the Kakimoto was!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Wouldn't particularly say the RM-01A or D.C is a light system. Although not as heavy as a custom 3" for sure.

Was surprised how light the Kakimoto was!
I found the RM01A to be light especially against the 5Zigen system I swapped it for.

BigCarlo

See I was looking at the RM01A but if it doesn't make as much power but costs more money then its kind of hard to justify the exhaust. I understand its build probably better and is less weight but taking away power when the dc5 isnt the fastest down the straight isnt a good thing in my eyes.

Any one know how much less I would be looking at ? if it was something like a fue BHP then the weight saving could make it perform better anyway but something like 10+ would just be to much

Midnight

Advanced Member
Give you an example.

The 3" SF track friendly is roughly twice as heavy as the Kakimoto Regu but we found an additional 30bhp from swapping it over.

While I agree DC5's not built for straight line but extra power (rule of thumb) means quicker in and out corners (a lot of variables I know) but what we lost on weight we made up for in power.

Kakimoto IS the best sounding exhaust for the DC5 and I'd personally have another if ours wasn't so 'focused'.

From our own research the RM01-A will flow better than 5Zeigen and meet UK track noise limits.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
BigCarlo said:
See I was looking at the RM01A but if it doesn't make as much power but costs more money then its kind of hard to justify the exhaust. I understand its build probably better and is less weight but taking away power when the dc5 isnt the fastest down the straight isnt a good thing in my eyes.

Any one know how much less I would be looking at ? if it was something like a fue BHP then the weight saving could make it perform better anyway but something like 10+ would just be to much
A catback won't release anymore power unless the one you're using is restrictive. It might release 2-3BHP. If you're bothered about power then you need to be looking at a de-cat and a map.

An exhaust isn't going to release you 20-30BHP unless there's a restriction which the RM01A isn't.

BigCarlo

SamDC5 said:
A catback won't release anymore power unless the one you're using is restrictive. It might release 2-3BHP. If you're bothered about power then you need to be looking at a de-cat and a map.

An exhaust isn't going to release you 20-30BHP unless there's a restriction which the RM01A isn't.

I've got a mani and with a decat as well as a k100 it's running 246 at the moment I need less noise so I can do more track time.