Borrowed an FD2 for an hour :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I love them personally, more aggressive looking than the Teg. If I can renegotiate my mortgage in the next few years I may just upgrade.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I like to think of a car as a whole package, if I can scrape a second off time on a track but have to give up on what I think is a better looking car I don't think it would be worth the trade. I would just get an aerial atom or something.
I can see all the positives in the fd but it just does not look special or different to me.

sam g

Banned
so what if it is? focus st is quicker than a dc5 too, but i wouldn't have one of them either!
obviously you're going to think its the best thing ever as you just bought one, but this being a DC5 forum i'm sure i'm not the only person here getting bored of reading about fd2 this and fd2 that everywhere here...
i certainly wouldn't buy a car just because its a few seconds quicker round the ring than a DC5, looks would be very high on my list and i dont personally like fd2's so would probably never buy one. and is it really a 'natural progression'? does everyone who owns a DC5 one day suddenly need an ugly 4 door people mover.... i hope i never do lol

dotty

Advanced Member
You can always opt out of reading the threads that have the word FD2 in the title. You have nothing positive to say in most threads anyway do you ? You're what's known on forums as a troll. I don't suppose your teg has ever seen a track either ? If you don't have anything positive to contribute then don't contribute.

I have made comment as I have owned a few of these cars and since 2003 when the EP3 first came to the market , so my comments regarding the FD2 are from my experience of owning the cars over the years. You'll find that most people who have gone from DC5 to FD2 have made similar comments to the ones I've made. As I said though it's not the first time you have posted something completely pointless and is probably why your name is flagged up in the moderator section as being a bit of a worthless contributor to the forum ? Give that some thought before it becomes too tiresome.

sam g

Banned
it seems you are too narrow minded to accept anyone elses opinion, and it is just that, an opinion..

i will rephrase my last post for you then...

*edit*

wow, your FD2 is amazing, i must get one now, and i'm so impressed how much quicker and prettier they are than my DC5..

everyone should be happy now lol

Dan34

Advanced Member
sam g said:
it seems you are too narrow minded to accept anyone elses opinion, and it is just that, an opinion..

i will rephrase my last post for you then...

*edit*

wow, your FD2 is amazing, i must get one now, and i'm so impressed how much quicker and prettier they are than my DC5..

everyone should be happy now lol
How old are you? :lol:

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Sam g why crap on someone's thread like that?
You don't like it fair enough but it's his thread for his Type Rs.......

I'd hate someone to be so negative on my thread about my pride & joy 😕

Perhaps the old adage "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" is apt here x

Polk Type R

Advanced Member
I done things the opposite way around. I had an FD2 first and then added my DC5 to the collection a year later. Love everything about the FD2 and I've always liked the DC5 so had to have one of them. As I done it in this order, I think the DC5 suffered heavily in comparison to the FD2 performance wise. Don't get me wrong I still love it to bits but at the end of the day, it is the older car and as Honda state, "R Starts Revolution" - meaning they wouldn't build a new Type R if they didn't think it would improve on the last one which will more than likely be the case with the new 9th Gen Civic Type R as well. I personally don't think I'll be going for a 9th as the looks just don't do anything for me but I'm not that narrow minded to think my cars are going to be better than the newer one.
Anyway what I meant to say was, like previously said in this thread - FD2's are rubbish and ugly and no one else should consider importing anymore as we can't stand the sight of more of these great... I mean horrible cars on our roads! :D

S

stwteg

Jog the f*ck on and if you don't like the thread then I don't know- maybe, just maybe - you shouldn't comment! This place is fast becoming a home for bitter trolls who have nothing useful to contribute. Do us all a kindness and log out. Permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Well that escalated quickly :D I personally like the FD2's think they are nice but shouldn't really be compared with the Teg. Wouldn't mind getting one as it seems to be a good compromise.

Linus27

Advanced Member
I must admit, the FD2 looks don't do much for me, although the deep red Mugen one looks stunning. However, on paper and in the tests, it just seems such a better car than the DC5. I guess compromise on looks and gain in revolution in my eyes.

wantadc5

Advanced Member
seriously guys, the FD2 in person has massive presence....and looks great!!

I would love one, but can't seem to make myself spend £15k on a car that only has 220 bhp.....even though i know it's not about bhps.....

probably should have just bought one really, instead of all the faffing and around and changing cars that i've been doing....

thing is 2008 M3 I think next year will be around 16k, so going to go get that.....but if everything fails I'm going to get a FD2...

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Hopefully he won't return after the 7 day break. Seriously negative waste of space like that is never welcome anywhere

Rom

Advanced Member
Well that was entertaining :)

Im on the fence about FD2s. Purely looks wise, ive never been in one.
I see some, and think they actually look ok, and others i just dont like at all.
I do prefer the white ones, so I always seem to not dislike white ones quite so much. I also dislike 4/5 door cars in general, so im sure that doesnt help.
The interior and cluster dont do it for me either. But this is all personal preference.

Dotty you might be lucky you bought the only 'real type r' version. Championship white :) Sure the silver ones suck haha.

I think I would be more likely to scratch my EK9 itch than an FD2 currently. That said, im no where near done with the DC5 yet.