Dyno Charts!!

jonster

Advanced Member
Good gains Si. Glad you had her dyno'ed at Thor to compare will all the previous stages. Nice big improvement in torque above 6k rpm.

I should really go back to Abbey to get mine done to compare with stock and Hondata Flash4 and now.

Bet you can't wait to test her out on the track.

Jon

T666YPR

After bodging with the Hondata airbox mod:

I installed the Injen CAI

Had the car remapped at CPL yesterday:

As you can see,the 5Zigen and the Spoon Filter were already pretty good until I airbox modded it.
Now the Vtec point is lowered and the power and torque gives and takes through the rev range.
Grunt is now instantly available at all times now though :D

Need to have another dyno at Thor to do a comparison.

kaz6160

dyno posting

:D Here is ours only just figured out how to post !!!!

This is with GruppeM,JRSC, JR header,and cat bypass ,and standard exhaust .
Mugen Twinloop to fit next week with full Ings 8)

T666YPR

CPL dynos are at the wheels.

Looks like you're making slightly less power than Chris but more torque 8)

You're running virtually the same set-up too.

iDrew

Advanced Member
I've just got back from Powerstation

Standard DC5 with cat-back exhaust, running on 98 ron

Type-R 69

Advanced Member
Ian 153@ the wheels is not bad at all i think a stantard DC5 make the same power as the stantard uk EP3,was expecting it to be a little better than that. Was there a standard CTR running at powerstation to compare figures

T666YPR

I'd say those graph traces are about cock-on.

Figs wise it would be nice to see a comparison dyno done at Powerstation :)

iDrew

Advanced Member
Type-R 69 said:
Was there a standard CTR running at powerstation to compare figures
The only civic that ran was Matt D's.

His car made 240.9bhp@8300rpm (flywheel) or 170.7bhp@Wheels with 209.6nm of torque, corrected figures.

Mods are:
DC Sports shorty header
ABP Motorsport/Magnex de-cat pipe
Supersprint unsilenced b-pipe
Magnex 6x4
AEM CAI
Hondata IMG
TPW earthing kit
Hondata K-Pro running the System-R/TP dyno tuned map (VTEC@4800rpm, Limiter@8600rpm)

Wootty

Advanced Member
Got this from Guy at CPL as looking at getting the Jackson Supercharger kit fitted by them.

These are at the wheels.. :shock: :D

andyd

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
235 at wheels, what's that normally then?
:shock: :shock:

at the wheels. What the heel mods have you done. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thats like 280/290 Bhp at the fly or not far off.

Andy

Evs

Advanced Member
Spent yesterday at System-R (TDI North) having manifold, ESMMs & K-Pro fitted. Mods now are Spoon 4-2 & 2-1 (both thermo-wrapped), Buddy Club Spec IV cat-back, GruppeM induction, and a TPW earthing kit.

I'll resist the temptation to talk about flywheel bhp as tbh it doesn't matter to me whether my car has made a handful of bhp more or less than someone else's. FWIW Paul said 18% transmission loss and it was a warm day (approx 22 deg C).

The important thing to me is the way the car now drives - and I'm absolutely delighted with it. I've only driven it back from Warrington when I was a bit tired after a long day, but first impressions are that there is more torque all the way through the rev range, VTEC changeover is hardly noticeable and it's making smooth progressive power right to the limiter at 8800. Throttle response is better too. I'm well happy. :D

Big thanks again to Paul & Mark at TDI North - I was very pleased with the service there. I'll be going back there myself and would recommend them to anyone xthumbup

Here's the chart which just shows it as it is now, I didn't have it dynoed either in standard form or before the mani & K-pro went on.

T666YPR

What mods have you with that?

The torque curve is madly flat,have you changed the cams and taken the vtec out?

Evs

Advanced Member
Here's mine from Powerstation RR day today:

This was the plot from the mapping at System-R taken 10 days ago:

Current spec is GruppeM, Hondata IMG, Toda manifold (with heat wrap), Toda cat-back, earthing kit.