Dyno Charts!!

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Type-R 69 said:
SCOTTIECTR said:
Got mine sorted at System-R yesterday, will get the graph up later.

234 at fly which I think Paul said was 203 at wheels. Not as high as the rest so think I could benefit from a Gruppe M or AEM 8)
scot i would also consider changing your exhaust manifold to jackson or toda you will find a big differnce in power looking at your graph you have a big dip when your I-VTEC comes i had the same problem running the spoon manifold
Hi, yes, I knew the Spoon wouldn't provide as much power but it was a considered choice based on cost and ease of re-placing the CAT at MOT. Plus I love the noise of the Spoon 8)

Type-R 69

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
Type-R 69 said:
SCOTTIECTR said:
Got mine sorted at System-R yesterday, will get the graph up later.

234 at fly which I think Paul said was 203 at wheels. Not as high as the rest so think I could benefit from a Gruppe M or AEM 8)
scot i would also consider changing your exhaust manifold to jackson or toda you will find a big differnce in power looking at your graph you have a big dip when your I-VTEC comes i had the same problem running the spoon manifold
Hi, yes, I knew the Spoon wouldn't provide as much power but it was a considered choice based on cost and ease of re-placing the CAT at MOT. Plus I love the noise of the Spoon 8)
yeh that true mate :D

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Didnt realise we had a dedicated dyno thread !

My mods are Spoon B-Pipe & N1, GruppeM induction, Hondata Heatshield Gasket. With before and after Kpro comparison.

I am booked in at TDINorth on Satruday to have a Spoon 2-1 Decat Mani pipe fitted and then remapped, will be interesting to see how it affects peak power and torque.

Wootty

Advanced Member
Dyno following the addition of the JRSC header...

Red is now - blue is just with JRSC

jonster

Advanced Member
Nice results. Can you feel any difference though? You have loads of power already. Bet you're kicking yourself for not fitting the header before? I made the same mistake in the past and had to spend money on a whole days worth of dyno-mapping again. I hope you're not too noisy to be allowed on the track now (if that's your thing).

Wootty

Advanced Member
Actually - at first I thought it was slower :shock: :lol:

But over the week I've been getting used to it and its not - just was not giving it much right boot.

Not too bothered about fitting the header later - i was a bit strapped last time after the repair bill and all. But would have like the Toda Exhaust to have fitted but it was not to be.

I've got the stock box and pipe on so its very quiet - too quiet in fact - so i dont think there will be a problem on trackdays. In fact I'm gonna book the Hullavington session in March just to see how it really goes. This time I'll cough up the insurance too :lol:

Think I'll get it sound checked first though - have to borrow the sound meter from work.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Wootty said:
Actually - at first I thought it was slower :shock: :lol:

But over the week I've been getting used to it and its not - just was not giving it much right boot.

Not too bothered about fitting the header later - i was a bit strapped last time after the repair bill and all. But would have like the Toda Exhaust to have fitted but it was not to be.

I've got the stock box and pipe on so its very quiet - too quiet in fact - so i dont think there will be a problem on trackdays. In fact I'm gonna book the Hullavington session in March just to see how it really goes. This time I'll cough up the insurance too :lol:

Think I'll get it sound checked first though - have to borrow the sound meter from work.
Wootty, if you're doing that give me ashout, be interested to know if I'd pass the sound regs, what is it at Helluvington?

User

Advanced Member
Had the car up to System-R again this week - changed the HKS cat back to a Toda & fiddle with K-Pro.

http://merlinsden.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Dyno.TIF

Gained a few ponies. Was quite warm in the workshop - 18 - 19 degrees so not a bad result. I really need to clean the air filter on the Gruppe M - done 18k miles on it and not cleaned it yet so perhaps a bhp or two to be gained once I've cleaned it up.

Engine mods -

Gruppe M
Toda Manifold & Cat Back
Earthing Kit
K-Pro

gregb

Advanced Member

mapped for 95 ron.
well i got the ferry over on sunday and left the car with paul on monday.
above mods include hondata heatshield gasket.
overall happy particularly the torque.
paul said upon starting there was alot of black smoke and he gave the ignition a going over,he put it down to dirty petrol..
could be the reason for not exceeding in the bhp`s :(
i`m going on the optimax for a week and back on my local dyno and see if there`s any comparison.
also found an added wire coming out of one of the injectors :?:
got to love the early vtec, ecspecially in third to fourth gear.
also got sorted with the a/c condenser.
i just wish i`d seen the itb`s on pauls car :evil:

mikegsi

Staff member
does thqat say 229bhp? at the wheels????

with only those mods????? (k-pro,full toda zorst and gruppem??) :shock:

mikegsi

Staff member
have alook at the writing above it mate, it says 229.7bhp :wink:

i may have read it wrong like :D

gregb

Advanced Member
yes at the fly :(,maybe someday it`ll be the wheels.
when the bhp wasn`t what paul was expecting he put back in the original ecu and ran it to compare against the kpro`s.
it matched it near the peak of the vtec climb for a blip or two then it dropped.
interesting.

b12oon

Advanced Member
just had my car rolling roaded at dastec at the weekend and standard the

car had 157 bhb at wheels and 184 at fly wheel.

just wondered what the dc5 standard should be putting out?

im thinking this is a bit poor?

corbie

Advanced Member
thats low I ran 215 stock and 223 with the GruppeM on the same day @ Dastek.

What are you running the car on?

Will have a look at the plots when I go up there at the end of the week.