Dyno Charts!!

I suppose the price wont be far off, but I would trust Cosworth (supplier to F1)or Omega(supplier to BTCC) over anyone, things dont come any better.!

I have always been insistant on the best stuff.
Paul,

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hope you don't mind me asking Paul...

What K series hybrid is your 09 engine ? is it a 2.3 / 2.4 etc ??

I'm guessing it's one of these... as a straight 2.0L wouldn't make the torque that your seeing :wink:

Mike

Hi Mike,

We have taken a step back from the 2.4 as we tested it last year and we found that the power (275bhp)was peaking very low at 7500 and the torque was very high (220 ft/lb)from 3k.

This suggested that there was a restriction in the inlet and exh. train that was holding back the power delivery compared to the required flow for that displacement.

We have lowered the cc to 2280 and this restriction effect has reduced, we have also improved the intake flow by using a specific measured length and style of inlet tube,which we have tested back to back on the dyno against other systems.We have also improved the timing on the cams to optimise the exhaust flow.

We are now getting the power that we knew was possible from all our development work(against much critisism and disblelief), there is still more to come from the K20 Hybrid, and we still havnt used ITBs yet,
We are working hard on the drawing board to bring more later this year and next season.Our work as you know involves much much more than bolting parts together,these BHP figures do require various aspects of engineering that can not be achieved by simply bolting the parts together.
On the subject of torque, our road Demo car is only a 2.0 with a std rebore,but the way we build the engine and set our cams works in unison with our header and intake to produce 209ft/lb. without a modified head. This combination is ideal for fast road use as it pulls strong from low revs.
I hope this explains a little about what we are up to.. :D

Regards,
Paul,

Hi Guys,

Just a pre post snippet,
Shaun and mark have Been on the Dyno again most of today, testing different air filters and induction pipe ends, and power steering mods etc, and other different back to back tests, and they have also ironed out the flat spot on the torque and re adjusted the whole ignition map ,at 4000 rpm. our engine now produces well over 200 ft/lb from as low as 5000 rpm up to around 7500 rpm, so strong seat backs are in order,(flex them byceps and hold on tight)....
Graphs will be posted soon.

We are still committed to prove that we can reach NA power and torque levels by using only our products ,that no other road tuner can come close to. :)

Funnily enough, just changing a bell mouth on the induction pipe ,cocked up the air/fuel ratio totally and lost 5bhp. so be carefull what reccomended products you match with others.??

Also taking the Buddyclub Air pressure collector box off and leaving the BC induction system as was, also lost around 5-8bhp over previously tested figures.

the days of brand name shopping lists down your doors look numbered ???? after all,,we dont use anyone elses parts to deveop our products do we???

Regards,
Paul.

lightningfield

Hi guys. appreciate if you can comment on my dyno chart. Engine is stock, with only Trust Airinx open pod, pre-tuned Emanage Ultimate + Vmanage and APEXi N1 2.3" exhaust kit. Running on RON97 fuel.

Previous result before decat - 197whp with torque of 19.64kg/m. Now that I have removed the cat and mid box (bloody noisy), the power has increased to 207whp and torque 20.37kg/m. And it is not tuned yet. Just power run. Now i can feel the car pull better than before but couldnt hear the vtec due to the straight pipe haha.

So would be great if you guys pinpoint what needed to be tuned (power/torque line is very scruffy!)....and probable extra ponies that will be made after the tuning.. Stuffs are expensive here in Malaysia so i'll make do with whatever i have now.. thanksssssss!!!!! :xcheers:

Hi,
I have studied your graph, The very high Humidity reading in the second test could knock the power down, so you can not compare the two readings as an improvement for a specific change or addition of a product.
Your Vtec change over point looks like it needs optimising,as it might be coming from secondry to high cam to soon or too late. ,and fuel will need re doing on each cam angle.
That is causing a big torque flat spot, (we had this problem last week but sorted it with a few hours on the dyno).

regards,
Paul,

Newty

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
Newty,
Put some BC cams in it and you will see 255-260 BHP without changing the compression, If you put HC pistons in it you will see 265-270bhp.(we are having Omega and Cosworth make us some very special pistons) 8) 8)
If your in our area why not drop in and have your neck adjusted in our road demo car ??

Paul,
You serious? That sounds awesome. I would love to do more to the motor...will have to pay our holiday off first...then the new kitchen...and having kept the missus happy, I reckon I will be onto a winner!!!

Aight :wink:

Newty,

sorry about the late reply mate, ive been very busy with racing,
Please feel free to call me and have a drive in our demo car , It will take you to a different level both on suspension choice and engine posibilities.Also a new replacement two piece disc and pad set up that we have developed in conjunction with your std. brembo calipers. No other company will commit to offer their products for customers own test,(i wonder why ?).
Its completely free and without obligation.
Call me when your ready, 01772 299820, :) "no pressure".

regards,
Paul,

mikegsi

Staff member
I'd be interested in hearing more about this two piece disc setup, this is basically what Paul g's is

8) 8)
well done james,,,(as if we didnt know what the result would be....)

interesting to see though that shes still making power as she hits the limiter !! "NEW RODS FOR THE WEEKEND SIR" ??? :twisted:

Paul,

FL45H

mine just made 295.5 HP and 194.8 FtBL

nice graph too, ill scan it and post when i get 5 mins

FL45H

i just updated my sig but here is the info

Jackson Racing Supercharger
650cc Injectors
AEM v2
Hondata Kpro
Spoon N1
Piper Manifold (Decat Version)

JT3173

Advanced Member
Thats good mate, I bet it feels :twisted: when you plant your foot having all that torque behind you!!!

I rekon I could make that power and more torque easily on my Buddy Club set up with BP RON102 fuel and a cheaky remap :twisted: :twisted:

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member

Here's mine, a few more things to add in the near fure but pleased with the start.

So far i have ITG drop in filter, RBC with hondata gasket, Spoon 4-2 2-1 and a Mugen N1 ECU.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Paul,

Loving the results that your conversions are pushing out =D>

Is there a reason why your demo car is peaking so low in the revs and having more torque when compared to everybody else?
i take it the demo car is the a stage or two above everybody elses or something?

paul hughes said:
Guys,
Heres the power graph for the Buddyclub 2009 Race engine, Still on a single Plenum but using the BC 70mm TB and BC modified RBC manifold, (this is like ITB power!!), also the tuned length BC Long Ram Induction kit.[attachment=0]2009 2.3 engine D 256k.jpg[/attachment]

What do you think ????

Paul,
:D :D :D
Looks good, but i think the dip in the middle of the graph is down to your VTEC point being too low.