Dyno Charts!!

if full lift on the exhaust cam is in the wrong place, it might produce this problem , it would deffo reduce the torque like this.
Also a restricted intake and a big open exhaust system might give the same drop in torque. ^^

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
These mods on a k20 from a DC5 produced 259bhp and 192lb/t torque:

-Hytec 4-1 exhaust mani with anti reversal chambers (which will yeld the best power gains above any other brand proven)

-Cat back exhaust system set-up which i'm not willing to disclose

-70mm throttle body

RBC Intake manifold flowed and matched to the TB

KARCEPTS CAI with velocity stack

Vtec comes in at 3800rpm

cpoh

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
well he is a 3.5 hr drive from where i live, i rang him back he even didnt seem very happy i rang him back im not going to drive that long to have nothing done. dont know whatmore i can do really bar go spend the same again with a different tuner
Sounds like outstanding customer service to be honest :shock:

Ring him back and tell him you are unhappy with the car drives. Tell him you are not interested in chasing bhp figures and want nice smooth progressive power delivery through the rev range and that you are currently unhappy with the way it is running now. That is if you are unhappy with the map?

DC5Dub07, i wouldnt be too bothered about what power maps are making on a particular dyno, there are way too many factors and it is way too easy to fudge dyno figures. We also dont know if that engine had mild cams or a thinner head gasket etc. I would be more concerned with the way joe soap off the street is treated and the results they are getting rather than one off promotion tunes as i would call them.

dave kil

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
I would like to see the spec of that DC2 with 260 and 196ft/lb. ^^ but then again every mod to the intake,,head,,or exhaust,,is a breathing mod :xlol: :xlol:
so on that premise we have seen 275bhp NA from a K20 block with ""Breathing mods"" ^^ or 305bhp with volumetric mods.!

Flywheel figures for the dc2

Has a similar drop in torque at the vtec crossover (vtec at 3.8k for this dc2)

Wierd,,

Looks like the secondry lobe runs out of puff before the Hi lobe comes in, but then the hi lobe does not have the revs to make the power, if the v-tech point was 3.5k this would explain it. Therefore the V-tech point should be higher.are you sure the V-Tech point is 3.8k ?

:-k

matt b

Advanced Member
Ran 207.5bhp on a stock car at Surrey Rolling road today!

How is that for a stock car? He said most run 200/210 so im happy :green:

jay82

Advanced Member
got my kpro done during the week, wasn't expecting to make as much as they said it did.
taught they could of explained things a little more rather than hand me the keys and tell me the bill :?
had to ask for a dyno chart to be printed and where the vtec point was set on the car.
didn't feel that great of a service to be honest.
but heres the chart anyway any comments/advice good or bad welcome

the car is running Kpro, GM, RBC, DC sports header, mugen twinloop

jay82 said:
got my kpro done during the week, wasn't expecting to make as much as they said it did.
taught they could of explained things a little more rather than hand me the keys and tell me the bill :?
had to ask for a dyno chart to be printed and where the vtec point was set on the car.

Did you ask about the massive torque drop midrange at change over point.

Dont know about any other companies but we always explain the graphs to our customers. We also optimise the v-tech crossover point and modify the cam angle maps within the k-pro for best results. Ive posted the importance of this a million times.

Paul,

#-o

EErrrr ..thats text talk! VEE-TECHHHH,,, like mate,innit.

Yeh man Innit!! CU LTR M8 etc.etc. :roll:

jay82

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
jay82 said:

Did you ask about the massive torque drop midrange at change over point.

Dont know about any other companies but we always explain the graphs to our customers. We also optimise the v-tech crossover point and modify the cam angle maps within the k-pro for best results. Ive posted the importance of this a million times.

Paul,
thanks for the reply, but as i said nothing was explained to me getting this done, every question was a yes and no answer was like talking to wall to be honest. the only real answer i got on the day was everything is on the back seat :(
took it handy coming home to let the car have a little rest after the dyno, but there does feel like there's delay on the power and a few flat pops on the revs while driving. i'll be bringing it back to them over the next few weeks, but i told them i wasn't chasing figures on the dyno if you get me.

KierAn20

My map from Saturday - mapped by Romain :)

Green is before Kpro fitted, red is after.

My mods are:

GruppeM
RBC
DC header
Fujitsubo RM01-A exhaust
Kpro

He tried a few different settings for the vtec crossover and 5100rpm gave the best and smoothest result. The 45bhp gain at 6000rpm makes it drive like a completely different car. Ive now got lots of very very useable midrange torque and power - the car is used as an everyday runner.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
I put mine on the rollers today,results:

Gruppe M,Full DC Sports system. No idea what I was expecting :-s ,bit more perhaps :xconfused:

KPRO and RBC,still to go on mind. 8) 8) + Mapping.

Armenomania

Advanced Member
Hey guys!
This is the Dyno chart of My dc5 when it first came from Japan in 2005.
As you see on the pic, the car is Bone STOCK and has not even a CAI...
the importer of the car is very famous tuner in Cyprus who cooperates with Trial Tuning Spirit in Japan.
in the description it says Most Powerful stock dc5.
http://www.xm-parts.com/media/dynojul05/dynojul05.htm
the car has 204.11 Wheel HP and 150 Wheel torque.

how would you explain it, since some guys in here to get 205 whp have spent lots of money on header,exhaust,k-pro....?

acepty

Advanced Member
Armenomania said:
Hey guys!
the importer of the car is very famous tuner in Cyprus who cooperates with Trial Tuning Spirit in Japan.

how would you explain it, since some guys in here to get 205 whp have spent lots of money on header,exhaust,k-pro....?
did you personally check it doesn't have any header, does have a cat, or non oem b-pipe?
also did they check compresion? I think is a fluke honestly...
I mean congrats for the numbers but a regular dc5 in stock form will put between 175 to 185 max at the wheel.. not 205...
was it SAE corrected? and did any other car made a run just to rule out the dyno could be overreading that day...

using a 18% hipotetical loss figure that's like 241.9 BHP in stock form... :shock: [-X

Armenomania

Advanced Member
acepty said:
Armenomania said:
Hey guys!

did you personally check it doesn't have any header, does have a cat, or non oem b-pipe?
also did they check compresion? I think is a fluke honestly...
I mean congrats for the numbers but a regular dc5 in stock form will put between 175 to 185 max at the wheel.. not 205...
was it SAE corrected? and did any other car made a run just to rule out the dyno could be overreading that day...

using a 18% hipotetical loss figure that's like 241.9 BHP in stock form... :shock: [-X
Mate, Personally when i bought the car, it had only AEM CAI, but im the 2nd owner of the car in CYprus...previously the car had, AEM CAI,AEM ECU,RBC,TODA HEADER,TODA EXHAUST.
bUT.....the DYNO run i have posted the pics was made when the car 1st came to Cyprus and was stock..you can see on the pics,that there is even no suspension on it and the side repeaters are Orange(the stock color)
Yes, there were few other cars the same day and they all made a dyno run...you can see the results here
as you can see from the other 2 hondas, the results are logic, it means that dyno was working correctly...
I personally went to the owner of the garage, and asked him about this thing. he said just like you did..." we have tried many dc5 on dyno... they made 170,180 max 190 Wheel HP... but this one was the best! 205 WHP... and i asked him how many BHP is this about? he said nearly 240 on STOCK engine :eek:
Personally i didnt have chance to take it to dyno run..will wait to put the headers, kpro, rbc and then see the power it makes :D
heres the video where the car made 220whp with the mods mentioned above( as the previous owner titled)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwyAQzinscM
I drove my brother's DC5 when it had AEM CAI just like mine, and believe me,like totally different cars on high RPMs.....
Sure it had no exhaust,b-pipe, headers.....
dont know what SAE means to be honest :oops: :D