EP3 Fog Light Switch Install (Via Power Mirrors)

Zani

Advanced Member
Thanks for your help guys, I've brought it in to work with me this morning, going to solder the wires on and crimp bullet connectors on the other side.

Mark I was thinking about bending the connectors, but my luck would have them snap off lol

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ha ha yeah I thought of that method too Mark, but was worried one would snap off.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
now i've got the car im def. getting one of these ordered and wired in. mine doesnt look as bad as the pic in the firt page but it certainly isnt pretty!

will give steels a bell tomorrow morn and get one ordered.

dotty

Advanced Member
SuperFLY said:
now i've got the car im def. getting one of these ordered and wired in. mine doesnt look as bad as the pic in the firt page but it certainly isnt pretty!will give steels a bell tomorrow morn and get one ordered.
:)

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
dotty said:
all ordered

with any luck i'll get it by the weekend and i can have a lookie, all goes well and i'll help you with yours too dotty :)

im actually going to do mine a little differently and attach a 3 pin plug so it so rather than pulling bullet/spade connectors out to remove it i can just unclip the plug. pack of 5 off ebay for a couple of quid cant be bad

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
david/steels is a trader, just mention you got the details off the forum and he'll knock a bit off for you :)

Bonito

Advanced Member
SuperFLY said:
david/steels is a trader, just mention you got the details off the forum and he'll knock a bit off for you :)
Was going to be placing an order with him next week for bits and bobs! Cheers.

dotty

Advanced Member
SuperFLY said:
What beer do you drink ?

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
wouldn't say no to a carling ;)

i'll take some pics on how it goes when i get mine.

might be an idea, depending on how fiddly it is, that i nab the one you're getting and do it at home where i've got my soldering iron etc.. and then to fit in the car it should just be a case of pulling the switch out, cut, crimp, clip.. done :) i can do that too no probs but the soldering etc.. id prefer to do at my desk

thats the theory anyway

wanna make sure i do it right on mine first

hmmm, better make sure i've got enough shrinkers

dotty

Advanced Member
SuperFLY said:
wouldn't say no to a carling ;)i'll take some pics on how it goes when i get mine.might be an idea, depending on how fiddly it is, that i nab the one you're getting and do it at home where i've got my soldering iron etc.. and then to fit in the car it should just be a case of pulling the switch out, cut, crimp, clip.. done :) i can do that too no probs but the soldering etc.. id prefer to do at my deskthats the theory anywaywanna make sure i do it right on mine firsthmmm, better make sure i've got enough shrinkers
Sounds good mate.

Will get on the phone to steels tomorrow ;)

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
bit of a pain but davids not long phoned me and said that the parts store in belgium is out of stock (it was showing in stock but they cant find them) so now its on back-order. he's hoping it wont be 'too' long but cant give me an eta for the next couple of days.

dotty, i did tell him to get a couple of on order as i told him someone else would be after one so hopefully you wont have to wait any longer either.

he'll let me know when they're available again, or at least let me know when to expect them to be available again.

doh

redcap

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Sound to me like just one pin is connected instead of joining the two.
Will have to have a look at this on mine too as it doesn't illuminate on mine either.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
called steel today, looks like they won't have these in until around 15th of march ;(

will have to put up with ugly fog light switches for another money it seems..

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
Right guys, had a call this morning and they're finally in :)

one's being sent out to me tomorrow and there are 4 or 5 coming in a few days

will finally be able to get this thing changed!