facelift looks.

miki1212

Advanced Member
hey guys, seen a cw fl dc5 today, in fact it was following me,and noticed in the mirror it looked, well kinda dull from the front, not like the pfl, seems they went soft with the fl, sorry if it was anyone on here lol it was an 06 on the A33 near basingstoke..

wj51fut

Advanced Member
ep3itrdc5 said:
im sure theres others but blueguys fl looks pretty mean from the front,
That's because of the J's Racing body kit. The whole car is emmense!!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
dc55_11 said:
FL with a mugen lip kit at the front looks immense better than PFL in my opinion
Agree with this too.

It's not that the prefacelift looks old but the new headlights etc to me takes years off the look of the car. Looks a lot more modern, while still aggressive.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
I'm not sure, both cars look awesome from certain angles and both have some negatives!

The FL for me if looking at the front from a sort of diagonal view looks very soft....almost if it had 4 doors it would look like a normal saloon car if you know what I mean?!

I have the FL style lights in my PFL and the FL gauges but they are the only things personally I would want off one! Don't get me wrong they still look awesome I'm just picking small details, but I viewed both and personally wanted a PFL as I thought I could make it look better!

As said I would still have one though haha!

Erm

Advanced Member
I'm contemplating getting a FL in a year or two from japan and keeping both my existing PFL and FL

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Agreed. Or to put it another way, If you were to leave them stock its PFL for me but with additional parts the FL looks the dogs.

Phelpo did you fit the FL dials yourself? Would love to change mine but have heard its a real ball ache as you aren't just swapping plugs over.

Mark_teg

Staff member
davidpingu said:
Agreed. Or to put it another way, If you were to leave them stock its PFL for me but with additional parts the FL looks the dogs.

Phelpo did you fit the FL dials yourself? Would love to change mine but have heard its a real ball ache as you aren't just swapping plugs over.
There's one in the classifieds complete with adaptor mate ;)

Beppe, that car looks superb!!

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
It's all down to personal taste isn't it :)

For my it's PFL all the way can't stand the FL at all!!
Yeh it looks a lot better once you stick the kit on it but I'd much rather have a car that looks great (IMO) out the box 👍

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Beppe said:
facelift with mugen kit makes it look good..

Pre facelift with mugen kit look over the top

*snip*
I'm loving this, been following the auctions in Japan looking for similar but nothing has come up yet.

One went last night I think with a Mugen bonnet, wing and side skirts, shame it didn't have the front bumper.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Personally I think they ruined the car ever so slightly when facelifting. No other car I can think of did they make look as bad by facelifting the NSX for example was a perfect example of how to properly do it.

Gems

Advanced Member
Personally PFL front for me and FL rear end... the front end is what put me off buying the FL.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
PFL all the way looks wise. But I would like all the other small upgrades of the facelift. If I could have any Dc5 it would be a Facelift with a PFL conversion.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:

Yeah I did, it's easy! There's a few wires and it's just a case of pairing the wires up...there's about 4 loose wires at the end for the immobiliser off the FL!

I too have smoothed off the front grill on my car and fitted the FL honda badge and type r logo on the front!

I will be putting the mugen lip kit on my car and then externally I'm leaving it. It's almost like a hybrid version! I'll try and put a pic up later