facelift looks.

dave7368

Advanced Member
emmsyDC5xx said:
I would never have the FL dials like a lot of people do for there PFLs - don't understand that at all ???

To me they look like 2001 Astra Coupe Bertone dials :D :D :p
hehe... unlike the pfl dials which were of course designed by Fisher Price...

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Iv kept quite and each to there own, but with out a doubt....facelift for the win (the fact I own one doesn't have anything to with it) hehehe

S

stwteg

dave7368 said:
hehe... unlike the pfl dials which were of course designed by Fisher Price...
Ha! I do agree the pfl dials are pretty naff and do lookBut that's all I'd change- the rest can stay

Sent from iphone

ste01

Advanced Member
I love facelift tegs, this is my favourite one. It's CW too :)

I love the black strip along the rear bumper too, you only get cool touches like that on REAL sports cars

😂

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
ste01 said:

I love the black strip along the rear bumper too, you only get cool touches like that on REAL sports cars

😂
Haha agreed!!!

Basically they shouldn't of got rid of the tear drops on the lights.

....and added that weird black strip?! What is that seriously all about?

ste01

Advanced Member
Yeah because the facelift (now out of production for a good few years) isn't old now is it?! Hahaha. Suppose we should just scrap all DC5s eh?

kazmo

Advanced Member
im on about way back when the pfl was the only shape, it was getting dated in 2003!!! so it was either kill it of facelift it.. some are improved some arent when motor companies do this, it might have been a bad move from honda but kept the dc5 alive another 3 years.. personally i like both, but they both have their goo and bad points imo, as far as saying we should scrap all dc5's, youre just being a dick.. lol

ste01

Advanced Member
I wonder if the scrappage scheme will be back next year...I've seen a few nice 05 plate facelifts that would get me a nice discount on one of those lovely Focus STs :)

David_showerks

Advanced Member
Ive owned both Pre facelift and facelift, i love my facelift tho i have been trying to get a front pre facelift style lover lip for my facelift from america but his a brick wall unless i pay like $500 shipping (how its that much is beyond me as ive ordered loads stuff in the past exhausts etc)

If i got that i would be over the moon. maybe ill just buy a mugen lip.

SPek9

Advanced Member
You can't beat a facelift DC5 with a Mugen front lip and rear diffuser to match

A few traders on here will be able to bring them in from Japan

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Of course you'll never get a consensus as it's down to personal choice. My view:
  • At the time when each of the models were brought out, the pre-facelift was a much better looking car. I used to much prefer the pfl back in the day
  • Over time (especially when you see so many tegs and as car design evolves) the pfl starts to look dated and standard OEM cars (facelift and pre) just look boring, except Adam's ;) (although it has been tweaked to be fair). For me the pre-facelift slightly dated look is primarily due to the lights

The multi-square like pattern of the casing is reminiscent of the rear lights of 90's cars like:

• 99% of people will never like the facelift rear bumper, even over time. It's the one part of the body that needs something done to it
  • Facelifts for me look better with the 'majority' of kits. Hate the (full) INGS facelift kit though
  • Just to re-iterate this is just my view. I like both pre-facelift and facelift
  • Facelifts can look mean from the front with some 'tweaking' ;)

truupR

Advanced Member
ste01 said:

Omg totally died when I saw this. How did I not see that when it was posted. Almost fell off my chair laughing. Well played Ste

beppe786

Beppe
my new toy.. some of you already seen it on instagram.. like everyone i agree pre facelift is getting older looking Facelift for the win.. lol

Fully Track prepared just needing the charger added.. sorry for the dirty pictures just came off the boat and driven back to my garage