Group Buy – HKS lowered seat rail - £130

Chewy

Advanced Member
:xgrin:

Takes about 15 - 20 minutes with 2 people, or 20 - 30 minutes on your own (Just for the fiddly bits)

This is for a facelift, but I'm sure it's the same;

You'll need a 14mm socket or spanner, 10mm spanner and a set of allen keys.

1. Remove the x4 14mm bolts holding the OEM rail to the floor.
2. Disconnect seat belt warning wire/cable. (I didn't disconnect the battery, It's just a plug for the seat belt warning)
3. Remove seat from car and remove x1 14mm bolt holding the seat belt 'lock' from the side of the rail.
4. Remove x6 10mm bolts holding the OEM rail to the Recaro.
5. Replace the 14mm bolt and Seat belt 'lock' on the HKS rail (Top tip, Make sure the wire goes between the seat rail and the Recaro when you put it back on as you can't fit it through anywhere and the rail is so low/cable is so short you can't fit it underneath.)
6. Throw the HKS rail on with the x6 new bolts provided (These are allen keys, can't remember what size sorry)
7. Replace the seat back in the car and reconnect the Seat belt warning wire/cable.
8. Replace the x4 washers on the original 14mm bolts with the new ones provided and bolt the seat back to the floor, Job done!

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Just fitted mine – Can't believe how much of a difference it makes!

I did a similar thing to my trendlines in my old 172, but the drop is huge with these... More than adequate for me a 6'7"! :xgrin:

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
So are you struggling to see out of the car then?

I'm 6'1" and based on what you've posted above I wouldn't be able to see out of the car ha ha!

Wondering if perhaps the Bride one's might be better for someone of my height.

How does it feel with them in, driving position etc?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Lol well I'm 6ft dead on, and I felt the position is a bit high, so I hope this resolves it, that or I won't be able to see over the wheel lol..

Chewy

Advanced Member
Crazylegs, I'm 6'1" and it really has helped no end.

Tristan, Do you have a little bit of 'play' in the seat now, forwards and backwards?

The passenger seat on the OEM rail is solid if you try and rock it back and forth, but if I do it with the HKS rail on the drivers seat, it seems there is the slightest bit of play/movement from the top part of the slider...

I'll make a video tomorrow if you're not sure what I mean.

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Don't think so Chewy, nothing I've noticed anyway...
Could be the allen bolts need torquing a bit more?

Driving position is a lot lower, and puts the seat back a little too if you run it fully back normally.
Wouldn't say its detrimental by any means, but it is a bigger drop than I expected.

I'll get some pics later if I get a moment to show the difference.

Chewy

Advanced Member
I've had a look again this morning and I don't think it's the Seat rail now, I remember I turned the back rest rollers while the seat was out and I've just made it worse haha.

I'll just whip it all out again a double check everything but I'm sure I did all the allen bolts up nice and tight, I'm pretty certain it's due to the clasp mechanism not having enough to grab onto on the bush so It's just a bit sloppy and loose.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers guys,

It sounds a little too low for me. As much as I hate the current driving position if I'm sitting too low it will be a struggle when it comes to things like parking and pulling out spots.

I think I will eventually go for the Bride's as it's a slightly lower drop which should be better for me personally.

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Cheers guys,

It sounds a little too low for me. As much as I hate the current driving position if I'm sitting too low it will be a struggle when it comes to things like parking and pulling out spots.

I think I will eventually go for the Bride's as it's a slightly lower drop which should be better for me personally.
Where abouts are you from mate? More than welcome to come have a sit/drive in mine if you're anywhere near the west mids.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Just for reference, my car came over from Japan with a lowered seat rail, and at 5'10" it was wayyy too low. lol For me OEM is fine, my head is level with the door as is. haha

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
lol, well mine may be too low then, it shall be up for sale if it is, will attempt to get it fitted this weekend...

Budders_DC5

Advanced Member
Iv literally just fitted mine on my lunchbreak and im 5ft10 aswell and mine is perfect! It is low but i can still see, its not that low that i can not see around me! I think it might be preference though? Very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
tristanpalmer said:
Where abouts are you from mate? More than welcome to come have a sit/drive in mine if you're anywhere near the west mids.
Hey man!

I'm in North Wales so a bit far from you sadly. Thank you for the offer anyway!

:)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Budders said:
Iv literally just fitted mine on my lunchbreak and im 5ft10 aswell and mine is perfect! It is low but i can still see, its not that low that i can not see around me! I think it might be preference though? Very happy!

Hi Budders,

Can I ask. Have you been on a decent drive, or had the opportunity to park etc since fitting them though?

Thanks.

Budders_DC5

Advanced Member
Unfortunately not as the car is off the road! It is in work though so i will drive it round the carpark and park up to see how it feels then! Will let u no :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I do have a short upper body mind, lol I felt I was straining to see when manoeuvring so thats when it had to go. Yes I could still drive it, bit personally for me, every day usability was way too much hassle. Haha everyone is different though, and with something like this is only until you try it you realise. :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Budders said:
Unfortunately not as the car is off the road! It is in work though so i will drive it round the carpark and park up to see how it feels then! Will let u no :)

Thanks Budders! :)

dk123

Advanced Member
Hey Crazylegs, I've got a Vanner one which is really low and I'm 6'1" and it's a really nice driving position - I way prefer it to normal. My passenger is standard and it feels really high now! I'm not far from North Wales so if I head over (which I do at least two/three times a month) I'll give you a shout and you can see how it feels 👍🏼

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Nice one man! If you could it would be greatly appreciated.

Was looking at Vanner one's online last night but they only seem to be for EVO's and not for the Teg.

Where did you get yours from?

Thanks.

dk123

Advanced Member
Mine came with the car luckily (I'm the lucky owner of Dotty's DC5). However in my previous teg it was always a mod I wanted to do. It definitely adds to the experience and you do feel a bit more connected...as weird as that sounds. The difference between this and the passenger seat is amazing. My missus is about 5"5' and she could probably drive the car, but at that height it is pushing it haha. It gave Dotty a good laugh seeing how low she sat in the car!