How to...Change the Aux belt.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Just used this guide to fit buddyclub pulleys, nice write up :)

Thanks, glad you found it useful.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Good guide, noticed my belt had frayed a little today near the stitching of the belt so it needs to be done ASAP!

Is there anywhere to source these within the uk because I don't think I can wait 6 weeks for a delivery from japan lol.

Mark_teg

Staff member
carlos7777777 said:
Good guide, noticed my belt had frayed a little today near the stitching of the belt so it needs to be done ASAP!
Is there anywhere to source these within the uk because I don't think I can wait 6 weeks for a delivery from japan lol.
Dan mentions an alternative on the previous page.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
I can't see Dan's alternative, however I will try that part number nelly so thanks for that.

I take it the build quality isn't different between the Japanese oem and motor facts version?

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Now trying to order an auxillery belt, but there is a range of sizes. Which is the correct size belt?

nellly

Advanced Member
use what i have said above 7pk1705 its not a part number its the rib number and length, gates make them so no need to worry about quality

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Oh I see. I did go to motor facts yesterday and picked one up anyways lol. £18 - not bad. Honda wanted £50 with a two day wait!

I'm gna try change them over this weekend using this guide. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
Also did this today. That little diagram was a godsend as I forgot which way the belt went within 5 minutes of removing it.

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Its guides like this that make my life a lot easier and saves me money!
Just changed in 20minutes and £12 out of pocket!
Thank you very much Mark!
Even the drawing came in handy as some reason I manged to route it wrong the first time and thought the belt was too long! Lol

For anyone who doesn't want a genuine belt the belt size is: 7PK1705

donzooo

Advanced Member
Excellent guide, I will be doing this over the weekend if the weather is nice (Scotland though, not likely). Part number and diagram I cannot thank enough for!