Is my car priced correctly?

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Had my dc5 up for sale for a couple of weeks now

This one
http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/47087-2001-champ-white-dc5/#entry471125

Just wandering if it's priced correctly seeing as I haven't had a single message or a call (not even a nutter with a stupid offer 😂)

I paid a fair bit more than I'm asking and only put a couple of thousand miles on it and serviced it in between then and now 🤔

I know it's got a few miles on the clock and that can put some people off so wandering if I need to adjust the price?

Any thoughts

Midnight

Advanced Member
Daz,

Problem is that some people will see the mileage and be put off, especially if they are not familiar with the DC5 / Honda. That being said I do feel it's priced for a sale. Not many are priced like that in your condition so I'd probably advise if not already to list on typical sale platforms EBay/Pistonheads/etc.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Also if I may offer some advice, pictures really do speak more than words. If like myself and buy with the heart people want cars to jump off the screen. I'd suggest when better weather heading towards Lichfield or similar and taking some really nice shots of the car (for yourself in years to come also).

Hope this helps.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Yeah it's on pistonheads I really cba with eBay as I've never sold any cars on there but always attract idiots offering you less than half what it's on there for 🙄

I'm in no mega rush to sell I was have just been baffled as to why I haven't even had the "I'll give you 5 grand for it mate" without even seeing the car 😂

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Also if I may offer some advice, pictures really do speak more than words. If like myself and buy with the heart people want cars to jump off the screen. I'd suggest when better weather heading towards Lichfield or similar and taking some really nice shots of the car (for yourself in years to come also).

Hope this helps.
Yeah that's a good idea 👍🏻

Never been the David bailey type though 😂😂😂

nails

Advanced Member
Having just sold mine, and the fact it sold so quickly, it really is down to mileage. Mine was on 56k, and I got loads of calls in the 4 days it was for sale. I wouldn't buy a high mileage one and I am not the only one. You just need to be patient and wait for the right buyer in my opinion.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
That seems a fair price to me however modifications put a lot of people off. When people are looking at DC5's they're looking for a standard example 99% of the time so it's a tuff market to sell.

I would use Facebook and post on some of the jap for sale pages as they seem to be the people after modified examples. As above, photos go a long way. Photo of every angle of the car and try and show the paintwork as best as possible.

It might be better to remove some of the mods and sell them on and return the car to a more OEM specification as that will attract more buyers.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

MrRy

Advanced Member
It's priced very, very well Daz, though I am the type of buyer that doesn't take mileage into account that much. It's all luck of the draw with what sort of buyer is looking for A DC5 and what is also up for sale at the time. For me, cars take on average 1 - 2 months to sell but the first to view always buys and it always goes for asking price.

Your car does not deserve to be sold in the high 6k category, that would be an insult IMO.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I think as already said it's very well priced (if not a little low), there are only a few things however:

1- Rocjer, the advert says it has a purple rocker cover whereas the image of the engine bay shows its silver

2 - Modifications, the car markets hit and miss for these and its mainly hondas I've found that are hard to sell modified, when looking for mine I wanted as close to oem as poss and it came with all stock parts so maybe get it closer to oem if you can.

3 - Images, get some eye catching images of the car to help make it standout.

Mileage annoys me, yes yours is on 127k, so what, I always buy on condition and how an owner is, e.g mines on 92.8k now, won't be long til mine would be over looked by many yet it's flawless in pretty much every aspect and one of the cleanest examples about when seen with others, but if I ever sell it I'll be returning it to oem pretty much and selling bits off separately.

Do you have oem bits to return it to stock as best you can, if so that, better pics and advertise elsewhere as already said and see what happens mate. Good luck with the sale.

nails

Advanced Member
Mine took 5 days to sell but it had 56k on it, if it was exactly the same in every way but had 96k on it it would still be for sale and would be atleast 2 grand less. However high milers do sell, it will just take some patience. Good luck with it.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I think as already said it's very well priced (if not a little low), there are only a few things however:

1- Rocjer, the advert says it has a purple rocker cover whereas the image of the engine bay shows its silver

2 - Modifications, the car markets hit and miss for these and its mainly hondas I've found that are hard to sell modified, when looking for mine I wanted as close to oem as poss and it came with all stock parts so maybe get it closer to oem if you can.

3 - Images, get some eye catching images of the car to help make it standout.

Mileage annoys me, yes yours is on 127k, so what, I always buy on condition and how an owner is, e.g mines on 92.8k now, won't be long til mine would be over looked by many yet it's flawless in pretty much every aspect and one of the cleanest examples about when seen with others, but if I ever sell it I'll be returning it to oem pretty much and selling bits off separately.

Do you have oem bits to return it to stock as best you can, if so that, better pics and advertise elsewhere as already said and see what happens mate. Good luck with the sale.
The rocker is like the j's racing colour I suppose it doesn't help I'm colour blind 😂😂

Unfortunately most of the mods are to the gearbox with the
Final drive
lightened flywheel
Lsd
So would cost me stupid money to put it back standard (especially the diff) and I don't think I'd want to the lsd is one of the main reasons I bought this one over a standard one, it has to be experienced to be believed 😂

Thanks for the advice everyone I suppose I've gotta get some better pics taken and sit and wait 👍🏻

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
The rocker is like the j's racing colour I suppose it doesn't help I'm colour blind 😂😂

Unfortunately most of the mods are to the gearbox with the
Final drive
lightened flywheel
Lsd
So would cost me stupid money to put it back standard (especially the diff) and I don't think I'd want to the lsd is one of the main reasons I bought this one over a standard one, it has to be experienced to be believed 😂

Thanks for the advice everyone I suppose I've gotta get some better pics taken and sit and wait 👍🏻
Annoyingly the gearbox setup is pretty much what I want in my car :-(

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
I was just about to say I think that gearbox setup will sell the car.

Like others have said get some decent photos taken and Im sure it will sell.

It looks really tidy but you have to show people that its worth buying on condition rather than mileage with good photos

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Annoyingly the gearbox setup is pretty much what I want in my car :-(
Gearbox is currently for sale @£7250 with a free dc5 attached to it 😂😂

Phil r type

Advanced Member
I'd say it was well priced, just bought my 3rd dc5 of super fly. And selling 2 in the past :) I must say though my 71k blue one sold after 3 days where as my 90k cw F/L took over 4 weeks .k20's go on for ever ! But people do love low miles

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Gearbox is currently for sale @£7250 with a free dc5 attached to it 😂😂
Bargain, if I had somewhere to put it I honestly would have it lol.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Post the car for sale on some track Facebook groups? I'm sure the gearbox setup alone will entice people who are looking for a dedicated track car.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
Post the car for sale on some track Facebook groups? I'm sure the gearbox setup alone will entice people who are looking for a dedicated track car.

I'm not on Facebook mate I prefer to live in the real world most of the time 😂😂

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
I'm not on Facebook mate I prefer to live in the real world most of the time
It's very useful for advertising, your problem is a very limited amount of people will see your advert. Good luck with the sale though!

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
It's very useful for advertising, your problem is a very limited amount of people will see your advert. Good luck with the sale though!

Yeah I can understand that it's on here the type r owners club and pistonheads but I'll see if I can get a mate to put it on Facebook or something 👍🏻