its a write off!

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear about this, thankful for the dash cam! Really considering getting one this Christmas.

Best of luck with getting what the car is worth.

FireDance

Advanced Member
I had issues with Sky when I had my EP3

I asked to be referred to the customer complaint manager as they were taking too long. I also posted on a forum that they were part. Sure enough they got back to me, kept me updated & were very very helpful

I think the lady I dealt with was called Nicola.

Keep pushing. There is no way your car is only worth that money. You can't even buy a replacement DC5 for that. Send loads of adverts in to them, send them screen shots of the for sale ads on here too. If you can get a bodyshop like TGM to quote on it.

The Mighty Clam

Sorry to hear that bud, especially just before Xmas :(. That's about the right value for an average condition DC2.... Where on earth have they plucked that valuation from?!

BenLAST

Advanced Member
You'll have to reject a number of offers before they get close to offering you whats its actually valued at!

My ex gf had her classic mini written off, was agreed value of £5500 and first time around they offered her £800! Took around 10 offers to get what she wanted, which was the original agreed value...

Sucks man, hope it gets sorted with little stress.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Wow, poor show from Sky if that is the initial offer they made. Saying that, they are just another cold hearted money grabbing insurance company with a pretty face, so not surprising. Shame the insurance system will never be a fair, just one.

seijik

well sky arent actually handling the claim at all, they passed me onto an accident management company in about 50 seconds and I've been dealing with them since. the other party have admitted fault so its all going through his insurance so Im as baffled as you as to why they gave me such a poor figure?! surely its no skin off their nose whatever money I get. I forgot to ask her about that when they phoned the other day but I'll be sure to bring that up next time they call. Looks like I might have the hire car for a while!

with regards to country roads and 50:50 if you saw the dash cam video you'd see there would be no way he could get 50:50 out of it! glad I put one in now, think on my next car I'll get a couple of decent ones and have them front and rear.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Hey bud, sorry to hear about your sc5 being written off..

My friend wrote off his dc5 earlier this year, was with sky too.. They paid him around 7k for his 02 plate teg so im definitely sure you'll get something around that after abit of negotiation..

He wanted to buy the car back, and for some reason they said he wasnt allowed to.. Probably because of the extent of the damage, but after complaining to here and there, he was allowed to.. :S

FireDance

Advanced Member
seijik said:
well sky arent actually handling the claim at all, they passed me onto an accident management company in about 50 seconds and I've been dealing with them since. the other party have admitted fault so its all going through his insurance so Im as baffled as you as to why they gave me such a poor figure?! surely its no skin off their nose whatever money I get. I forgot to ask her about that when they phoned the other day but I'll be sure to bring that up next time they call. Looks like I might have the hire car for a while!

with regards to country roads and 50:50 if you saw the dash cam video you'd see there would be no way he could get 50:50 out of it! glad I put one in now, think on my next car I'll get a couple of decent ones and have them front and rear.
Put in a complaint with Sky customer service about the way it was handled, they should get on top of the management company & push them

Is there any update?

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
Put in a complaint with Sky customer service about the way it was handled, they should get on top of the management company & push them

Is there any update?
Doubt that complaint will go far, or if you would receive a response. Were awful when I used them, and not the best with my flat mate either.

Good luck though, hope you get a good price!

FireDance

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Doubt that complaint will go far, or if you would receive a response. Were awful when I used them, and not the best with my flat mate either.

Good luck though, hope you get a good price!
I did (see near top of this page)

The manager was really nice & helped me through the whole process, the claim management people were horrible & she sorted it all out for me.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Surely you wouldn't want to drive and have passengers in a car that's been that badly damaged anyway? Regardless of how much you may like the car it can easily be replaced and you have no idea of what little nasties that have been bent etc. In places you can't see.

I haven't read the full thread as I'm off out now but please don't fight to get this repaired, fight to get your money back and also buying the car back to strip.

I wish you the best of luck.

seijik

Ive emailed over the other adverts showing the current price range and said that I need 8500 to replace the car, that was last Thursday I think and despite a phone call and a few emails asking for an update I still havent heard anything, I think I'll phone sky tomorrow and see whats going on and what they can do to get this sorted quicker.

itrboi

Advanced Member
Sounds crap what's happening. I'm with sky I hope I don't have this should I ever need to claim. Keep us updated. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seijik

So still no word from kindertons, However I just spoke to sky regarding how this is being handled and that Im not happy with it at all. And turns out they cant offer me any help at all, with anything. All they're saying is that they cant do anything about it as they are just the broker?!

I did phone up to change my policy over to a van that Ive just bought, however I cant do that either!

So now I think I'll be going with a different insurer for all of my future vehicles as it seems pointless being insured with Sky as they cant do anything other than give you a slip of paper and take money!

poor show Sky!

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I had a quick s coot around when my insurance was up with greenlight and I could have saved 80-100 quid with some no face company like sky and Saintsbury's but decided not to so as to avoid this passing it off stuff.

Phone them several times a day. Ask for the manager of the manager. Ask for the MD of both companies, put a complaint in writing and send it recorded next day. Then chase it the day after. I used to use our works phone system to make 20 calls at the same time and jam the switch board.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
seijik said:
So still no word from kindertons, However I just spoke to sky regarding how this is being handled and that Im not happy with it at all. And turns out they cant offer me any help at all, with anything. All they're saying is that they cant do anything about it as they are just the broker?!

I did phone up to change my policy over to a van that Ive just bought, however I cant do that either!

So now I think I'll be going with a different insurer for all of my future vehicles as it seems pointless being insured with Sky as they cant do anything other than give you a slip of paper and take money!

poor show Sky!
Sky won't be able to do a great deal as they aren't your underwriters. I'm going through a claim at the moment against a third party and I spoke my broker Brentacre who put me on to the underwriters. So they should be your next port of call so speak.

The underwriters are much better at getting a result from my experience.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
As above, speak to markerstudy, not sky insurance.. And probably try to find out what the accident management company is taking as a fee.. They probably only care about what they get so they're not fussed about the customer, as long as they get their fee..

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
mikey_t8 said:
As above, speak to markerstudy, not sky insurance.. And probably try to find out what the accident management company is taking as a fee.. They probably only care about what they get so they're not fussed about the customer, as long as they get their fee..
Spot on. These sub contracted claims handlers from my experience nothing short of useless. Mind you my underwriters (highway) haven't been great.

OP hope all gets sorted for you mate.