MOT Advisories

G3AR1986

Hi all.

Had my MOT today on my 2003 Integra Type R DC5 (WH03 BKA) and got an advisory for an oil leak, but not excessive [8.4.1 (a) (i) ].

In my ownership, the car hasn't really lost much engine oil. Only required a small top-up within the last 12 months. No stains on the driveway. Just wondered if anybody else had similar advisories and what the diagnosis was or is most likely to be? I asked the MOT center but was advised it needs a separate booking to investigate the cause. The car is almost 20 years old and has done 121k miles. Maybe it's just an age/mileage thing.

Thanks
Ben

Lemons

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Had my MOT today on my 2003 Integra Type R DC5 (WH03 BKA) and got an advisory for an oil leak, but not excessive [8.4.1 (a) (i) ].

In my ownership, the car hasn't really lost much engine oil. Only required a small top-up within the last 12 months. No stains on the driveway. Just wondered if anybody else had similar advisories and what the diagnosis was or is most likely to be? I asked the MOT center but was advised it needs a separate booking to investigate the cause. The car is almost 20 years old and has done 121k miles. Maybe it's just an age/mileage thing.

Thanks
Ben
I had this crap, they just finished telling me how clean it was underneath. They said there was a very small drop under the brake reservoir. I had just changed the oil and filter too so either I split it or it overflowed the reservior under high pressure, hence you can buy the spoon socks. I was well annoyed, definitely hasn't been an oil leak and nothing since two years later.

G3AR1986

Could it be rocker cover gasket? Common place to get a leak.
Hi Paul. I had refurbished and put new gaskets and seals on the rocker cover within the last 12 months. All of the gasket compound was put in the right places. No leaks visible to my eyes at least. Just a bit frustrated with having an oil leak on the car's records now, with no explanation as to where from.

Thanks
Ben

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Well at least you’ve eliminated that then. Sounds like you wanna have a crawl around underneath and have a good check. Or see if you can speak to the MOT garage and book in for the investigation.