Motorsport Events > Colerne Sat 14th APRIL

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Feel for you mate I stacked it the other week at Bracknell forest, annoying as there was a lad in the car park who was bigging up his MTB (and drove a scooby), I caught up with his group blasted past then stacked it with all of them watching from the top of the hill - applauding!! Doh! Apart from landing on my head I think I styled it out!!! :roll:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
No Improvement on my Back... off to the Docs at 11:15 this morning....

Currerntly looks like I wont be attending... do not want to do more damage etc...

Mike

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Sorry chaps....

My Health is more important to me than doing the trackday with the back pain / discomfort I'm in atm....

Have a good day, and please let me know how it goes

Mike

Duncs

sorry mike,
hope it gets better soon,
so we will have to wait for the great unveiling of the DC5 then!!!

Wootty

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear that MJ, get yourself better matey and we'll all meet up at the next one.

Jayk

Advanced Member
your right mike your back is more important than a trackday! hope ya get better soon mate.

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Looks dry with you pi**ing down here all afternoon lets hope it doesn't go north tomorrow :?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Thanks Guys....

The Doc told me to rest all weekend.... and TD was not a good idea!!

Anyway.. now on some more drugs to easy and make my back muscles relax... just got to hope they work.. so that I can get back to work on Monday... I hate sitting at home doing nothing :( :(

Let us know how it goes tomorrow pls... please put some vids up etc if any of you have in car camcorders...

On a +ve note, I spoke to Natasha @ MSE.. she said they would hold open my account... so at least I've not lost my money on this booking... not many TD Co's would do this...

Have a good one lads

Mike

dan the man

Advanced Member
mike try lying on the floor face up and put your calfs on a chair so your lower arch touches the floor.. relaxes your back and just hold feel rested there. helps me.

Also arnica gel or bath bubbles are supposed to work wonders, im currently gona get some as have bad back-knees-joints..u name it :roll:

atb 8)

Jayk

Advanced Member
Wotty your car looks 8) Mines filthy!!

Bringing my mashed up R888s on CTR wheels in the boot, hope i can put my DC5 rims somewhere!

Ive got an in car mount, so anyone can use it as they please!

PS. does anyone know if the R888s will still give good grip even if they are passed the limit, they are on the wear bars, if so i will use them, if not i will use my current ones which will get destoryed :(

jonster

Advanced Member
Hope you feel better soon Mike. I'm bringing my camcorder and mount so will hopefully take some good footage tomorrow.

Jayk - not sure I would trust you tyres if they are down to the bead. I'll be staying clear of you - for sure. My Dunlops are in a pretty worn state but not that bad.

See you all there.

Jayk

Advanced Member
great day guys,

i have little video footage of some of you, will get it uploaded!

nice too me you guys, top day out, more trackdays too come :D

redcup

Good to meet a few of you today - big thanks to Jonster and Jayk (hope I've got those right :?: ) for giving me passenger rides in their cars and showing me what the DC5 is capable of :D

I shall be ringing my insurers on Monday to see what the damage is and taking things from there 8)

Jayk

Advanced Member
redcup said:
Good to meet a few of you today - big thanks to Jonster and Jayk (hope I've got those right :?: ) for giving me passenger rides in their cars and showing me what the DC5 is capable of :D

I shall be ringing my insurers on Monday to see what the damage is and taking things from there 8)
No probs matey. I took you out in my Silver DC5 :D
You know you want one :D

Thepasty

redcup said:
Dont bother! save yourself 10k and get an MR2 Turbo, they eat dc5's for fun :wink: .....wheres a hide smiley when you need one!

We got loadsa video of dc5's going backwards if anyones interested :)

had a great day, especially when it warmed up and the slicks went on.

cheers

steve

I'm Sharpeys son by the way...

redcup

Thepasty said:
Dont bother! save yourself 10k and get an MR2 Turbo, they eat dc5's for fun :wink: .....wheres a hide smiley when you need one!
:lol: As I was saying to your dad, been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Loved mine to bits, but probably won't go back. The EVO is my turbo car and I need a Honda to satisfy my high reving N/A VTEC cravings 8)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Looks like you all had a good day.... my back has started to recover...

A couple of questions:

1) Those that had not done an airfield TD before, would you hesitate at doing another MSE day :?:

2) Those that have done Hullavington, Keevil & now Colerne... which is the better venue :?:

Mike