My PC is better then yours thread - show your specs!

iDrew

Advanced Member
New hard drive & mobo arrived from Ebuyer today...

...mobo is fine 8)

...hard drive is DOA again - a Seagate Barracuda this time :!: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If you ever need to order a sensitive computer component - please, don't get it from Ebuyer :!: :!: :!: :cry:

Suped

Advanced Member
Damn, thats 2 DOAs for mate. Thats not normal from eBuyer but from your experience, they seem to gone crapper!!

Don't think I'll buy PC components again. Overclockers all the way from now on. :lol:

iDrew

Advanced Member
Hooray :D :D :D

After a month of faffing about with rma's and re-ordering, I now finally have a new working pc :D

Conroe chip is running at 28 deg. C :shock: :D

Suped

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
NVidia 8800 GTX. First of the DX10 cards from the company.

£449 apparantly!

WOW!!!! The realism will put the games into another level. CSS would be tastey. :lol:

conoroneill

Advanced Member
My computer is an Apple so by default it's better than any of your incompliant, hashed together PCs :lol:

ausR

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
My computer is an Apple so by default it's better than any of your incompliant, hashed together PCs :lol:
agreed :D

what are you using, i've got a 15" Macbook Pro CD

andyd

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
na mines better then yours :lol:

Andy

conoroneill

Advanced Member
ausR said:
conoroneill said:
agreed :D

what are you using, i've got a 15" Macbook Pro CD
I use a Powerbook G4 for listening to music and browsing the internet but for audio / pro tools work I've got a Dual-Core 3GHz Mac Pro - ie - the industry standard for recording / post production.

ausR

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
for audio / pro tools work I've got a Dual-Core 3GHz Mac Pro - ie - the industry standard for recording / post production.
nice, must have cost a few pennies!

conoroneill

Advanced Member
You bet mate. It's worth it though. It's a peerless system to be honest after spending Uni using various systems for processor heavy recording and post production.

No offence to PC owners but I wouldn't depend on a PC now to do anything more than word processing.

Security is another reason why I use an Apple Powerbook for browsing the internet as we all know OS X's built in security is on par with that of the pentagon whereas for Windows users to deal their credit card details safely over the internet they have to keep dishing out money for the latest protection software.

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
well thought i'd reply to this thread :) been reading for a while and thought i'd share my water cooled beast :)

:)

im looking to get a DC5 pretty soon ish and the ones on here just make me want one more! can't wait