Poor Fuel Consumption

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
400 miles on a tank is very good I managed it once on a huge run across Europe when we didn't stop at all from full to empty normally it was 300 ish.

22 mpg is pretty bad though my 3.5 v6 petrol shogun does 22 with road Tyres on.
Lambda can be off but also things like tyre pressures etc can make a good difference

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Checked the tyre pressures and had the tracking done already :lol: I think it would be running it in the mornings etc and parked up a few times, obviously wouldnt include this in the mpg! Wont idle at all and avoid vtec with the fuel ive just put in and seen how it goes.

armjoker

Advanced Member
Does fuel quality (rons) affect the economy? Im running 98 ron.

As far as I remember the best I got from 1.5 ek3 was 11 km/L. I cant believe DC5 can do it :?

armjoker

Advanced Member
to make 350 miles per tank witch is 563km, you have to make 11.26 km per liter. Is it real? If only motorway, maybe, but mix driving I cant believe it :shock: its 2.0 sport car. Does anybody know what does the stock car info say from honda? how many km/L it should make on motorway and city? Do you guys use A/C or Heater? It affects economy also right?

Wrath

I've been getting approximately 10km of distance per 1l of fuel. My ITR is completely stock. Although, I generally do vtec quite often. Hey.. thats what its there for \:D/

VT-Doo

RushDoo
My average is 38mpg mixed driving, not huge about of VTEC use.
I think the DC5 is great on fuel for what it is.

Oh, and for those interested, the S2000 gets 34mpg on average 8)

Armenomania

Advanced Member
I`M SHOCKED! :shock:

Guys, with TODA header,BC exhaust,aem intake,RBC the car uses 18.5L 98ron fuel for approx 150KM of mixed driving. My O2 sensor is 3 months old...
Do I have a problem too??? :? :(

Grov

Banned
I usually get 250-300 miles on a tank, but i do short journey's as work is only 3 miles away and when i can plenty of VTEC on longer trips.

armjoker

Advanced Member
On Tuesday Im putting my car back to standard. All stock and Ill check how many km, ill go on full tank.

dotty

Advanced Member
Haven't used the car much lately, but my last tank got me 295 miles, that was with some hard driving thrown in the mix.

jay82

Advanced Member
400 miles is 644km :lol:
my car is in km and i get about 480km.
how the hell are use getting 400+miles :?:
are use reading this off the mileage or trip meter :?:
i've owned my car 4/5 years now and its my daliy drive and can't believe some of the figures posted

Armenomania

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
400 miles is 644km :lol:
my car is in km and i get about 480km.
how the hell are use getting 400+miles :?:
are use reading this off the mileage or trip meter :?:
i've owned my car 4/5 years now and its my daliy driver and can't believe some of the figures posted
Same here,mate. ;)

armjoker

Advanced Member
Guys when you convert km to miles on the car. i mean the system it runs so it shows miles instead of km, do they convert the A trip and b trip to show in miles? I guess the guys are looking in trip a and b that they make 400 km and they think its miles :wink: Can someone check that please. I have asked 4 owners of dc5 in here nobody even got close to that "economy" driving :)

dave kil

Advanced Member
Highest I've ever managed is ~32mpg.
This is after 4 full topups and readings taken (gauge showing about 10% fuel left). Vtec rarely used and a bit of town driving.
I could get around 550km to a tank if I let it go all the way down I reckon

jay82

Advanced Member
dave kil said:
Highest I've ever managed is ~32mpg.
This is after 4 full topups and readings taken (gauge showing about 10% fuel left). Vtec rarely used and a bit of town driving.
I could get around 550km to a tank if I let it go all the way down I reckon
i'm getting 480kms and i fill up about well before my petrol light, don't even know if its still working :lol:
what i'm asking is how are the people that converted there cars to miles getting 4 or 500 miles if your get me.
try getting it to over 600kms before next fill up :-k

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
armjoker said:
Guys when you convert km to miles on the car. i mean the system it runs so it shows miles instead of km, do they convert the A trip and b trip to show in miles? I guess the guys are looking in trip a and b that they make 400 km and they think its miles :wink: Can someone check that please. I have asked 4 owners of dc5 in here nobody even got close to that "economy" driving :)

Once converted the trip reads in miles, the pulse from the gearbox is interrupted and elongated ( kind of) so the car is still in kms they are just longer than normal kms ( the same length as a mile as it would happen)
You are only likely to get that amount of miles per gallon an a really long steady run with no vtec at a constant mph with no start and stops etc

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Half way through after my refill and already my mpg is looking worse than before! :( For the first few days it was looking good but just on the way home yesterday it appeared as though i used nearly a quarter of a tank. My work is only a 15 mile journey.

Due to my buddy club cat back could my car be running lean?