SAINSBURY'S INSURANCE RESULT!!!

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Messages
1,514
Had my renewal come through from A-PLAN yesterday £495.00 fully comp saving of £10.00 from last year, so i went on sainsburys website got quoted £265.00 fully comp saving of £230.00 \:D/ well pleased.All i've got to do now is send a copy of my no claims & cat 1 certificate to them! :xgrin:​
 

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Messages
1,114
Gordyitrdc5 said:
Had my renewal come through from A-PLAN yesterday £495.00 fully comp saving of £10.00 from last year, so i went on sainsburys website got quoted £265.00 fully comp saving of £230.00 \:D/ well pleased.All i've got to do now is send a copy of my no claims & cat 1 certificate to them! :xgrin:​
That's a great saving mate, have you any mods on the car and do they ask for them?

T.G.
 

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Messages
1,514
Topgeezer said:
That's a great saving mate, have you any mods on the car and do they ask for them?

T.G.
No mods..but they did ask if i had any.

_BILLY_EK9_ said:
Probably down as a 1.8 dc2 double check with them
It does come up with 1.8 dc2 then you click on the amend button & hey presto comes up with integra 2.0 type r..but i did phone to double check!
 

dave7368

Advanced Member
Messages
2,741
sainsburys turned out more expensive for me, so am now a happy Keith Michaels customer, everything insured, just over a k
 

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
Messages
234
bargain, almost too good to be true......

Now everyone dont brag it can be our little secret lol
 

S15R

New Member
Messages
2
IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Yeah Sainsbury's give a good price but there is a problem when you look into the details and FAQ's / terms:

Under FAQ's there is this:


Can I cover a personally imported car?

Yes, but only if the car is, or has been, available as a standard production model in the United Kingdom, and has a United Kingdom registration number. We do not cover Japanese imports.

They will take your money but you aren't covered, the information is there black and white for you. Just a warning to anyone thinking of using them.
 

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Messages
1,114
S15R said:
IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Yeah Sainsbury's give a good price but there is a problem when you look into the details and FAQ's / terms:

Under FAQ's there is this:


Can I cover a personally imported car?

Yes, but only if the car is, or has been, available as a standard production model in the United Kingdom, and has a United Kingdom registration number. We do not cover Japanese imports.

They will take your money but you aren't covered, the information is there black and white for you. Just a warning to anyone thinking of using them.
Well i've looked but i cant see that, got a link please, also a strange first post........But maybe not. What dya reckon?
Also the original poster (Gordyitrdc5) phoned to clarify it's an DC5!!!

T.G.
 

c7frw84

Advanced Member
Messages
142
I'm glad I didn't go with sainsburys now, they were the cheapest quote I got but I ended up just paying £50 extra and staying with Keith michaels.
 

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Messages
1,514
S15R said:
IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Yeah Sainsbury's give a good price but there is a problem when you look into the details and FAQ's / terms:

Under FAQ's there is this:


Can I cover a personally imported car?

Yes, but only if the car is, or has been, available as a standard production model in the United Kingdom, and has a United Kingdom registration number. We do not cover Japanese imports.

They will take your money but you aren't covered, the information is there black and white for you. Just a warning to anyone thinking of using them.
I have spoken to sainsbury's today about this & they have confirmed that they do insure grey imports, as they have changed insurance underwriters, as there previous underwriters would not cover grey imports. hope this helps clear up any issues. I did ask them to update there FAQ so people would not be confused by this!!
 

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Messages
1,114
That sort's that out then.....Thanks for clarifying Gordy, i'll be getting a quote nearer the time ;)

T.G.
 

Teg

Active Member
Messages
94
Hi, needing my insurance renewed soon. Received an insurance quote from Salisbury's 200 quid cheaper than my renewal. Rang them up to put my mind at rest about above concerns. Everything was ok but they wanted a certificate to prove it is fitted with an immobilizer? I have the certificate for the alarm I had fitted. I have no idea where I'm supposed to get proof that an immobilizer is fitted as standard. Was anyone else asked for this?

Edit: my alarm is a toad Ai606, think this has an immobilizer so should be ok.
 

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Messages
1,114
Teg said:
Hi, needing my insurance renewed soon. Received an insurance quote from Salisbury's 200 quid cheaper than my renewal. Rang them up to put my mind at rest about above concerns. Everything was ok but they wanted a certificate to prove it is fitted with an immobilizer? I have the certificate for the alarm I had fitted. I have no idea where I'm supposed to get proof that an immobilizer is fitted as standard. Was anyone else asked for this?

Edit: my alarm is a toad Ai606, think this has an immobilizer so should be ok.
All they need is a copy of the Toad receipt with the model number etc, should be OK then.
That's all the companies i've dealt with want.....

T.G.
 
Top