SAINSBURY'S INSURANCE RESULT!!!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I can confirm that Sains now do not insure a DC5, they only insure cars where there is a UK model equivalent and also where they do not have Strut Braces fitted to them (dependant on the underwriter used at the time). The current ones who approved my car originally last year are still working with Sainsbury's but after a lengthily battle have stuck to their guns that optional extra strut braces etc will not be insured so I cannot fit them at present.

I have however been told if I wish to end the policy early I can free of charge (but this will mean starting the years NCB's over again) so opted to keep it running with the car spec as is until my renewal and accepted a cheque for an amount agreed with one of the most senior employees for my policy in compensation.

Long story short they were a great company to go with originally BUT they changed underwriters and this has killed their business with the likes of us, they are aware of this and have accepted a lot of information from me and are looking at new underwriters in order to retain clients and offer a better service going forward.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Sounds like you need to sell me them braces mate :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Mate if I do or either have to be sold you will be the first to know as last night issues at home (toilet leaked) has caused some issues and need to resolve it and no money spare due to car going to TGM in just over a week and me going away for 2 weeks the week after :-(

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Well I've just had my reminder through & they happy to insure me for another year has its only gone up £8 Pounds lol.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Gordydc5 said:
Well I've just had my reminder through & they happy to insure me for another year has its only gone up £8 Pounds lol.
I would double check that it's a grey import DC5 that they are insuring.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I would double check that it's a grey import DC5 that they are insuring.
They had it on there system from day one it was a grey import & they were quite happy to insure me untill now!!!!!!

I spoke to them today just to clear a few things up & to amend my policy the women on the end of the phone said they won't put my strut braces on the policy as it will increase the bhp of the car pmsl so THEY decided that they WONT insure me anymore!!!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
They had it on there system from day one it was a grey import & they were quite happy to insure me untill now!!!!!!

I spoke to them today just to clear a few things up & to amend my policy the women on the end of the phone said they won't put my strut braces on the policy as it will increase the bhp of the car pmsl so THEY decided that they WONT insure me anymore!!!
Sounds like the sort of company I would not let insure my car regardless of price.