Subframe Rigid Collars

blueguy

Resident J's whore
From a technical perspective these caught my interest. I'm not sure why I hadn't come across them before :rolleyes:.

Spoon's blurb below (yes I know the Spoon ones are expensive).

The Sub Frame Rigid Collar kit is simple to fit and low cost, Rigid Collars ease into position without affecting the basic geometry of the body.

The way the Rigid Collar works is simple. Bolt holes through the chassis panel and sub frame are too big as they were designed for ease of production in the factory. When the car leaves the factory, everything is new and tight and the chassis hardly moves. After a while, the bolts become slightly looser and movement between the panels begins. This is why an older vehicle fitted with new bushes, Shocks and springs, still doesn't behave like a new car.

Has anyone tried rigid collars before? I'd be interested to hear some feedback on these that aren't from other forums.

V7MAT

clean freak
I believe buddyclubUK do a subframe kit. I've been meaning to get them fitted for a while, it keeps the geo in place. The subframe can move slightly if you hit a large pot hole or take a knock to either corner. The locking kits eliminate this apparently :)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Matt, yep I've heard of the subframe locking kit but I don't think it's exactly the same thing? (I'm not sure :xconfused: )

Group buy is a great idea Dave. I think a lot of people will be put off by the cost though unless someone on the forum gives an indepth review.

Dan2020

Advanced Member
From Japshop aka Buddyclub UK, these are only £51.13 inc VAT.

If you get a group buy for say £40 inc VAT and P&P then i'm in!!!

http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/P1_Racing_Suspension_Mods.html

dave c

400hp K20
From Japshop aka Buddyclub UK, these are only £51.13 inc VAT.

If you get a group buy for say £40 inc VAT and P&P then i'm in!!!

http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/P1_Racing_Suspension_Mods.html

I'm in at that price

1. Dan2020
2. Dave C

eXceed

Resident Driver
I'm, in at that price

1. Dan2020
2. Dave C
I could get those made at a much reduced price than that!!! It's a piece of metal... Lol, in fact I'll ask my local fabricator how much he would charge me. My subframe is off anyway so perfect for measuring.

rascal69

Advanced Member
I could get those made at a much reduced price than that!!! It's a piece of metal... Lol, in fact I'll ask my local fabricator how much he would charge me. My subframe is off anyway so perfect for measuring.
Exactly. Please do and hook us up with a group buy.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
let us know :)

dave c

400hp K20
Ok, so I've been on the phone to Shaun at SPD (BuddyClub UK) and I told him that there had been some interest on the forum.

Long story short, I asked for a Group Buy discount and he said yes if we got 5 or more :D

So...

1. The subframe alignment kit it would be £45 inc delivery and all vat etc (usual price delivered would be £62)

While I was on the phone I thought I would try and find out what else would be a good cheap suspension and handling upgrade..

2. Roll centre adjusters £90 inc delivery and all vat (usual price would be £110)

3. Poly bushes for anti rollbars - Front wishbone bush & caster increase kit £95 inc delivery and all vat (usual price would be £110)

4. Full bush £250 inc delivery and all vat (usual price £280)

Let me know who wants what?

The list:

Dave C - Item 1 / 2 / 3

dave c

400hp K20
Best bet is to give shaun at spd a call, (01772 299821) but he described it as the "full" bush kit which i believe is all the suspension components on the car and every bush that they require. He said that 1,2 & 3 would be the best value for money. It's fair to say that to replace all the bushes would incur a fairly heavy labour bill unless you had the means to do it yourself.

I asked about uprated roll bars too and he said that the stock ones were perfectly good for everything up to and including racing such as the vtec challenge.

I got the sense that a DC5 with a suspension upgrade plus items 1,2,3 + 4 if you can afford it, would be an incredibly competent setup :wink: