TDI 3" exhaust

spooke

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Just noticed spookensaid he's going to so that's that sorted!
Unfortunately Alan can only supply EP3 systems off the shelf, so he can't offer a group buy on a DC5 system, also because of past experiences with failed group buys.

Manifolds however can be supplied off the shell afaik.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I hope he changes his mind. I am definitely interested to buy a system. Group buy or not, but I don't have the car to bring over to build it on. But maybe another dc5 can be used to build the exhaust

2ndy

Advanced Member
I messaged him about an off the shelf dc5 system, said he couldn't supply them now but is hoping to be able to in the next few weeks...

Hope he can as I'm not keen on the TDI rear tip/back box so would rather old out a month to get something il happy with

2ndy

Advanced Member
solid-fabrications said:
I'm looking for a dc5 atm, once I get one I will be able to do off the shelf system's. Give me a couple of weeks and I will sort something out.

Regards

Alan
100% put me down for one!

dc5ian

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Was speaking to Solid fab, can't do off the shelf for dc5 yet but hopefully be able to soon. Going to hold of and wait for that as I really want the js style turn down and no one else can make a 3 inch with thay
my car goes to him in the next few weeks whilst i wait for my k24 engine to be built. im going to loan my car to solid fab so he has a car to build full exhaust systems on. so if you want one in the next 6 weeks you best put your order in with him.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
solid-fabrications said:
I'm looking for a dc5 atm, once I get one I will be able to do off the shelf system's. Give me a couple of weeks and I will sort something out.

Regards

Alan
haha didnt see your post alan!

spooke

Advanced Member
Awesome news, in that case I will probably wait for them to be ready so I can either get it delivered or go down to just have it fitted instead of waiting the whole day for it to be made up.

2ndy

Advanced Member
dc5ian said:
my car goes to him in the next few weeks whilst i wait for my k24 engine to be built. im going to loan my car to solid fab so he has a car to build full exhaust systems on. so if you want one in the next 6 weeks you best put your order in with him.
My cars out of action until i can get one so as soon as i can order it i will :)

spooke

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
Definitely interested Alan, is there a possibility for different styles of rear tips?
Alan offers a variety of rear tips, dolphin tip, straight cut, titanium etc.

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
What would someone be looking at for a 3" Dolphin Tipped, Track-friendly Cat-back??

solid-fabrications said:

Regards

Alan

Jakke_itr

I have just had a 3" track friendly cat back system done my Alan at solid fab and what can I say it's amazing really nice and quiet (I still have stick manifold and cat)

I will be going back around march time to have a manifold and decat made by him as his work is spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ndy

Advanced Member
Jakke_itr said:
I have just had a 3" track friendly cat back system done my Alan at solid fab and what can I say it's amazing really nice and quiet (I still have stick manifold and cat)

I will be going back around march time to have a manifold and decat made by him as his work is spot on

Video of the silent version woud be cool! Trying to decide whether to get the normal or silent version. Also does this mean he can make them of the shelf now?

Jakke_itr

2ndy said:
Video of the silent version woud be cool! Trying to decide whether to get the normal or silent version. Also does this mean he can make them of the shelf now?
Hi mate I will try get a video for you but my car off the road till march/April time

I don't think he does a off the shelf exhaust I dropped my car off to him and he made it on the car so Technically everyone one is a custom exhaust

spooke

Advanced Member
Also interested to hear it. Could you also measure the DB level at idle and cold start idle? I can live with it being loud whilst driving but my neighbours won't appreciate a loud idle.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
solid-fabrications said:
If all goes well I should a dc5 by the end of the week. I will make systems and sound test with my db meter.
Great! When can I order? :xgrin: